Last Lucy Item You Bought?

Brock

Thanks for the heads up, I was on the fence about rebuying it yet again (although not the first time I've "double-dipped" for a Lucy product!)

Well, guess the onslaught of 60th anniversary loot for sale has begun!! marionstrong.gif

But this is a reissue of the 50th ann, the 60th from her is coming this year also. I didn't mind having two, i'll save one and look at the other. Sorta like some of us do with the dvds.

Question for ya, Claude -- is the photo quality any better in the revised book? The photos in the original hardcover edition seemed deliberately faded/softened.

I just checked and you're absolutely correct, the older one had this greyish quality to every picture whereas the new slightly smaller soft cover one has all the pics darker. And black instead of grey. Found it at Chapters by the way, was buying a copy of War and peace for Bogdan for Valentine's Day and the sales clerk came over and asked if i was looking for anything in particular, i asked for some Lucy and she came out with that and the book that has voices to go with every famous scene which i already had of course.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, the last "LUCY" thing I bought?? A pink trash can, with bold blue "SLAVE TO FASHION" written on the top and colorized stills of Miss B all around it.. Miss Magillicuddy(Ricky asks for a raise), the movie star's desguise(Ricky's movie offer) the beautiful sequened dress from (The Charm School) (I get such a kick from that one).. "May I have a light please??" .. "Thanks AWFFLY DAHRLING"... "Open it? I was gonna LOCK it."), the dress when they are in Conneticut and she is a mobster's moll, and the tight dress she wore in the house in the country when she couldn't sit down (Country Club Dance).. all around that pink can.. I just LOVE it.. of course I don't use it as a trash can.. can't bear to ruin it!!! A friend gave me a coffee table book for christmas and I love it since it has pix that I haven't seen before!!! The title is simply "Lucille Ball" by Nick Yapp. I have lots of other stuff.. but those are the latest to my collection.. if anyone gives a rats behind (another fav redhead saying by jude judy) I have all ILL on dvd, the LDCH, 2 seasons of TLS, 3 seasons of HL, LUCY movie collection, The LONG LONG Trailer, The Fuller Brush Girl, Miss Grant Takes Richmond, and various other video items with Miss B.. I just can't get enough!!

• 3 weeks later...

Since moving to Aus all my Lucy stuff has been in the UK with the exception of as many things I could copy to DVD as I could before I left but after a brief visit home over the last few weeks I managed to get it all packed up and sent off on its way down under.

Around 5 weeks to go till we're reunited :-)

I went on a routine souvenir hunt this morning and found an old issue of Screen Stories with a multi-page spread on Critic's Choice and a lobby card from Kill The Umpire featuring Bill! :lucywow::bill1:

Also bought the 1973 TV Guide featuring the Hirschfeld caricature of Bea Arthur and Bill Macy. HL was in re-runs that week. Lucy & Her Prince Charming.

I am getting, this week, the two Michael Karol books and today i ordered the Nick Yapp book that i will also get in a couple of weeks or so, cannot wait for all three, they look terrific, i noticed the Yapp book seems to have scads of pictures. I kept looking for the book on the internet but was looking under Dick Knapp, Nick YAPP makes me think of a yapping dog, but the sample six pages of pictures look sensational.

Almost nothing but! To paraphrase Chris' good friend Cynthia, You'll die! YOU'LL REALLY DIE!! :lucie:

LOL! I'm getting them through Bogdan and that Amazon deal he gets at work so they're all gifts to me from him anyway, as part of my new PAUPER status, LOL! Finally, someone in my life who gets me Lucy things and free!

:marionstrong: , Brock!

Claude, you will love the Yapp book -- the pictures show so much more than her left elbow (a la Ricky's Life Magazine spread :lucythrill: )

Yes, i saw one book that had like six pages of previews, i dun't know if it was the Yapp book or the one from Cindy de la Hoz, but a small picture showed that fabulous house on Roxbury, lawn chair in front of someone, probably Lucy and a window from the house, never seen that one before. I've seen the one where she's caressing little Desi and he's wearing a uniform, could have been from the same photo session though. I love seeing new and different pics and it just amazes me that i've been looking at these pics for over fifty years and am still finding new ones to look at.

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned somewhere my office is above a used book store and I just took a stroll through there (sale!) and found Mel Shavelson's novelisation of Viv's TV movie The Great Houdini. (titled "The Great Houdinis") Viv didn't make the cover, unfortunately, but John Michael Glaser, Sally Struthers, and Ruth Gordon did.

As I mentioned somewhere my office is above a used book store and I just took a stroll through there (sale!) and found Mel Shavelson's novelisation of Viv's TV movie The Great Houdini. (titled "The Great Houdinis") Viv didn't make the cover, unfortunately, but John Michael Glaser, Sally Struthers, and Ruth Gordon did.

Well, she did only have a small role in the thing, what did you SPECT? :viv1:

• 1 month later...

I just won this spiffy little number on eBay, amongst a lot of six different TV guides! :HALKING: :HALKING:

10e1y54.jpg

Also included in the lot are guides featuring covers of "Julia", "Beverly Hillbillies" (Irene Ryan), "Queen For A Day", and one mysterious one. Hopefully these others yield SOMETHING Lucy-related or they might have to go back up on eBay. LOL! Well, I might keep Irene. ;)

I just won this spiffy little number on eBay, amongst a lot of six different TV guides! :HALKING: :HALKING:

10e1y54.jpg

Also included in the lot are guides featuring covers of "Julia", "Beverly Hillbillies" (Irene Ryan), "Queen For A Day", and one mysterious one. Hopefully these others yield SOMETHING Lucy-related or they might have to go back up on eBay. LOL! Well, I might keep Irene. ;)

Irene was always a favorite of mine, i freaked when she won the TV Guide award and went up all dolled up looking like a million dollars. And might i add that Gale was so wonderful as crotchety old Mr Wilson on Dennis the Menace. How long did he do that role? The first actor died, right?

10e1y54.jpg

That's so cool! I find a lot of cool Lucy things in old TV Guides, even if its just silly ads for one of her shows in syndication.

My most recent purchase: Here's Lucy Season Four. Should be here on Wednesday and I can't wait!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Barnes and Noble had a "damaged" copy of the Nick Yapp book on sale for $5, so I snagged it and plan on having some adventures in decoupaging with this lovely book (my 2nd copy).

But my most exciting purchase has got to be The Lucy Show season 4. I sat it on the shelf with my other TLS and HL DVDs and couldn't believe I actually own over half of each show; it's certainly a great time to be a Lucy fan!