#1 Lotus Bud

Lotus Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Forgive me if there's an obvious answer every Lucy fan should know, but does the Here's Lucy opening title puppet/doll still exist? If so, where?

#2 Taylor

Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

Good question. Michael Stern probably has it. lol :lucysmirk:

"Don't follow any advice, no matter how good, until you feel as deeply in your spirit as you think in your mind that the counsel is wise."  -- Joan Rivers

#3 rickee

rickee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

Forgive me if there's an obvious answer every Lucy fan should know, but does the Here's Lucy opening title puppet/doll still exist? If so, where?

To the best of my knowledge the puppet was created by the same company that did the Pillsbury Doughboy, and Speedy, The Alka Seltzer puppet. The Lucy puppet was reportedly in the company's display showcase for years but then ultimately it was either stolen or destroyed in a fire. Either way....it isn't likely to appear anywhere too soon. :(

It's high time some genius sculptor recreate a new one!

#4 C L A U D E

C L A U D E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,712 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

[quote name='Taylor' timestamp='1325808584' post='29112']
Good question. OMG, i just LOVE your sexy older Lucy avatar!!!

#5 Taylor

Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

Good question. OMG, i just LOVE your sexy older Lucy avatar!!!

I know, right? That was taken in the 1980s. She looks very hot there for her age. GRRRoooWWLlll. :lucythrill:

"Don't follow any advice, no matter how good, until you feel as deeply in your spirit as you think in your mind that the counsel is wise."  -- Joan Rivers

#6 Lucyilove

Lucyilove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationLUCYville

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

Thanks for bringing it up, I have always wondered what happened to the puppet and can't believe I haven't asked about it myself on this site.

Whoever has it I hope will donate it to the Smithsonian, the Lucy puppet is surely one of the most iconic television props of all time and probably the single most important piece of Lucy memorabilia in existance. The puppet deserves to be preserved and displayed for the public to see. I think it would be a hugely popular attraction at the Smithsonian and hope Lucie and Desi Jr. at some point will try to locate it for such a display.
Posted Image

#7 C L A U D E

C L A U D E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,712 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for bringing it up, I have always wondered what happened to the puppet and can't believe I haven't asked about it myself on this site.

Whoever has it I hope will donate it to the Smithsonian, the Lucy puppet is surely one of the most iconic television props of all time and probably the single most important piece of Lucy memorabilia in existance. The puppet deserves to be preserved and displayed for the public to see. I think it would be a hugely popular attraction at the Smithsonian and hope Lucie and Desi Jr. at some point will try to locate it for such a display.

Yeah, good luck with that. The Smithsonian should have the entire set on display.

#8 Lotus Bud

Lotus Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

You're exactly right. There are a lot of great Lucy props out there, but this one would be such a crown jewel. I mean, it only opened all 144 episodes of Here's Lucy. No other Lucy show had a physical prop involved with it, it's a true treasure.

#9 Mister Hepburn

Mister Hepburn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

I love the puppet, I wish I could find my Here's Lucy picture frame!

#10 Lotus Bud

Lotus Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Picture frame? Was it official or did you make it?

#11 JoeySoCal

JoeySoCal

PS or BUST!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,083 posts
  • LocationBeautiful (near) Downtown Burbank

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Oh, yeah I had one of those too! Don't know what came of it.... Posted Image

"On Hiatus":

Palm Springs or Bust!

Moving%2BMan!.jpg

#12 Mister Hepburn

Mister Hepburn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Picture frame? Was it official or did you make it?

It was official, I believe made in the 90s under Viacom or Vandor or one of those... I got mine on eBay years ago, if I can find it I'll post a picture.

#13 Mmadluv7

Mmadluv7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • LocationLosAngeles

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

It was official, I believe made in the 90s under Viacom or Vandor or one of those... I got mine on eBay years ago, if I can find it I'll post a picture.

I have that, She's opening the blue curtains, which was so strange to me because HL hand't come out on DVD or VHS yet

tumblr_n73m282gyg1qiopcto2_r1_1280.gif

#14 Justin

Justin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

Umm..seriously? Sorry to say that the Lucy puppet is hardly an artifact that the general public would A) appreciate or B ) recognize.

#15 C L A U D E

C L A U D E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,712 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

Umm..seriously? Sorry to say that the Lucy puppet is hardly an artifact that the general public would A) appreciate or B ) recognize.

LOL! Thank you !

#16 rickee

rickee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Folks...scroll up to my 1/5 post about the whereabouts of this prop. Unless someone is a genius sculptor and can recreate it...it appears to be long gone.

#17 C L A U D E

C L A U D E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,712 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Folks...scroll up to my 1/5 post about the whereabouts of this prop. Unless someone is a genius sculptor and can recreate it...it appears to be long gone.

Is Paul Winchell still alive? He could carve a new one.

#18 Taylor

Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Is Paul Winchell still alive? He could carve a new one.

He dead.

#19 C L A U D E

C L A U D E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,712 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

He dead.

Thought her old pot smoking buddy was still around.

#20 Taylor

Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

He kicked the bucket in 2005. I just Wikipedia'd it. :peachonthebeach:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users