Here's Lucy Puppet

Well, you said "the ONLY thing that should be in there" (emphasis added) was the ILL set...but it would probably be impossible to re-assemble it. For the rest, the puppet is probably as iconic as anything aside from the Vitameatavegamin outfit (R.I.P.), Job Switching uniforms, or Grape Stomping getup.

I probably said THE ONLY THING that should be there was the set as it belonged there more than anything else and they said the puppet was long gone and lost anyway. They're constantly recreating that set everywhere so they surely could have done some kind of copy for the Smithsonian.

Well, you said "the ONLY thing that should be in there" (emphasis added) was the ILL set...but it would probably be impossible to re-assemble it. For the rest, the puppet is probably as iconic as anything aside from the Vitameatavegamin outfit (R.I.P.), Job Switching uniforms, or Grape Stomping getup.

R.I.P? Has that Vitametavegamin suit been confirmed to have been lost or destroyed? :(

R.I.P? Has that Vitametavegamin suit been confirmed to have been lost or destroyed? :(

Lucy gave it to Pauline Lopus and, if I remember correctly, she repurposed it for doll clothes for her kids. Lucy gave her many of her ILL outfits which she then tailored down to fit her very tiny frame. They are displayed in rotation at the Fenton History Centre in Jamestown.

Lucy gave it to Pauline Lopus and, if I remember correctly, she repurposed it for doll clothes for her kids. Lucy gave her many of her ILL outfits which she then tailored down to fit her very tiny frame. They are displayed in rotation at the Fenton History Centre in Jamestown.

Unless I'm reading this cross-eyed, L. Pauline WAS NOT tiny.... She was a regularly-sized, about size 12 woman.....er .....in those days....might be considered tiny today. L. Pauline was not heavy; but, certainly, NOT TINY....trust me; she was MY teacher and neighbor....

Unless I'm reading this cross-eyed, L. Pauline WAS NOT tiny.... She was a regularly-sized, about size 12 woman.....er .....in those days....might be considered tiny today. L. Pauline was not heavy; but, certainly, NOT TINY....trust me; she was MY teacher and neighbor....

Listen, we saw her sitting down so we can't tell. You are so well connected Lucy wise, it's unbelievable! Maybe you even once pushed her baby carriage, or, seeing as you are so much younger, maybe SHE pushed YOU?

Speaking of being well connected...you know, I once saw Lucille Ball in person!

She had big dark glasses on and was in a drug store. When she left, she told me she wasn't feeling all that well.

And no sooner had I gotten home and told my story then my family said "but she's dead". And I remembered how she said she hadn't been feeling well.

But at least I got to see her in person, the REAL Lucy

:lucythrill: :lucythrill: :lucythrill: :lucythrill: :lucythrill:;)

Speaking of being well connected...you know, I once saw Lucille Ball in person!

She had big dark glasses on and was in a drug store. When she left, she told me she wasn't feeling all that well.

And no sooner had I gotten home and told my story then my family said "but she's dead". And I remembered how she said she hadn't been feeling well.

But at least I got to see her in person, the REAL Lucy

:lucythrill: :lucythrill: :lucythrill: :lucythrill: :lucythrill:;)

Thanks for sharing, Ms. Carole Cook!

But the outfits she donated to Fenton look so very small. The lacy house coat that Lucy wore in Second Honeymoon, which was on display the first time I went there, was definitely smaller. Maybe it shrunk!

Well that was a DUMB thing to do. :lucydaze:

Just re-read this post, Brock - your comment about L. Pauline re-doing clothing for her kids; hope you meant Lucy's kids; since, in our day, L. Pauline was known as 'AN OLD MAID'; and, in my day, a VERY STRANGE ONE, at that; took them years to fumigate her home to sell; because, it was 'littered' with cat(s) and the resultant STUFF....

Lloyd Faulkner could tell you lots more about that; his childhood home - born there/Lucy's childhood home; the SAME ONE, was NEXT DOOR to L. Pauline's ALWAYS home, since she and Lucille were children together; I believe I'm speaking correctly in saying Lloyd took care of L. Pauline in her latter years; and may have been caretaker of her estate (such as it was); although, come to think about it, she lived so simply; retired from a teaching career; which must have kept her comfortable, since she did little else; might have had money stashed somewhere.... we'll never know about that; Lloyd would be mum about it, as well. I never heard about her 'donating' any, though.

Getting to be quite the 'historian', here, AIN'T I???? Respectfully submitted, JK

I thought Marion Strong was the seamstress who altered and made all these clothes for her when Lucy sent her some material.

I believe Marion made thos 'huge tent-like' lounging clothes that Lucille was so fond of for comfort at home.... that was the 'story' I found in my research.... ANYONE? JK

Archived