204 replies to this topic

#201 LittleRickyII

LittleRickyII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

WOW!!!!! What a find! I envy whoever gets ahold of this.

I'm amazed at the attention to detail; that Lucy actually wrote a note to the character. I'm wondering if Lillian came about because she misremembered the name and it's simply what she wrote down. Also, how neat to finally know the character's address after all these years.

Definitely an amazing find.  (Bravo, Jimmy!))  But do we really know Lillian's address?  It's clear that she lives on E. 67th St., but what is that street number to the left of the "E"?  Is that 1413?  If so, that would put her way over on the other side of the East River, (outside of Manhattan), somewhere in Queens on a street that isn't even called 67th St.

#202 Mot Morenzi

Mot Morenzi

Ball of Fire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

Definitely an amazing find. (Bravo, Jimmy!)) But do we really know Lillian's address? It's clear that she lives on E. 67th St., but what is that street number to the left of the "E"? Is that 1413? If so, that would put her way over on the other side of the East River, (outside of Manhattan), somewhere in Queens on a street that isn't even called 67th St.

It's either 1413 or 1423. The eBay listing put it as 1423.

#203 HarryCarter

HarryCarter

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 12,626 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

423 was certainly on Lucy's mind when they filmed the episode.

I'd love to know the provenance of this!

Me too!
  • Mot Morenzi and Freddie2 like this

Posted Image

#204 LittleRickyII

LittleRickyII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

Well as the addresses in that part of Manhattan only go up to about the 400 block, a 1423 address is pretty incredible.  I think this postcard ultimately got stamped "return to sender, address unknown."

#205 Mot Morenzi

Mot Morenzi

Ball of Fire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

Well as the addresses in that part of Manhattan only go up to about the 400 block, a 1423 address is pretty incredible.  I think this postcard ultimately got stamped "return to sender, address unknown."

Well, fictional addresses were hardly revolutionary on that show, if Fred and Ethel owning a building in the middle of the East River was any indication :)
  • JoeyCentralCal likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users