Lucy's autograph - The "L"

mikidiki

Hi all, Attached is a picture of a signed picture (cut from a Time Magazine) that a professor / psychologist, obtained in person at the theater door when Lucy was in Wildcat. The "Y" in Stanley looks just like the classic Lucy Y, but I've never seen a B like she used for Ball. What do you all think? Thanks! Evan post-4445-0-97367400-1369518227_thumb.jpg

Hi all, Attached is a picture of a signed picture (cut from a Life Magazine) that Stanley Krippner, a professor / psychologist, obtained in person at the theater door when Lucy was in Wildcat. The "Y" in Stanley looks just like the classic Lucy Y, but I've never seen a B like she used for Ball. What do you all think? Thanks! Evan post-4445-0-97367400-1369518227_thumb.jpg

The magazine clipping is from the famous 1952 TIME cover.

Interesting topic. Evan (Hi & welcome to the Lounge! :) ), I've never seen her "B" like that either. I compared the "Lucy" to the original signature Miki posted & her L leans forward at the top while the L in yours leans back. I also noticed that the L in Love is different looking than the L in Lucy in your picture, so there were probably lots of variations of her signature.

Just to add to the confusion :lucythrill: , I searched her signature & found this link with tons of them:

http://www.google.com/#gs_rn=14&gs_ri=psy-ab&gs_mss=Lucille%20Ball%20sig&cp=22&gs_id=3b&xhr=t&q=lucille+ball+signature&es_nrs=true&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=Lucille+Ball+signbatur&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=1&biw=1187&bih=514&cad=b&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.

I clicked on & enlarged the ones that were checks, especially the "Lucille Ball Arnaz" ones as my guess is that they are authentic.

Hi all, Attached is a picture of a signed picture (cut from a Time Magazine) that a professor / psychologist, obtained in person at the theater door when Lucy was in Wildcat. The "Y" in Stanley looks just like the classic Lucy Y, but I've never seen a B like she used for Ball. What do you all think? Thanks! Evan post-4445-0-97367400-1369518227_thumb.jpg

How could anyone be expected to sign their name the exact same way all the time? And if she was at the door of the theater, she was standing up too, not easy to sign that way.

Here's my Lucy autograph photo. Whether real or not I'm not sure. But it was signed in 1988 and placed at a Hollywood memorbilia shop with a COA (that shop was owned by a guy that collected and sold autographs) and a man paid $250 for this that year, in the same frame and everything. Hopefully it is the real deal. But it looks like the basic signature she had.

IMAG2058_zpsa0ea2634.jpg

Hi all! I thought I would join in on this because I have wondered about this throughout the years...I have five of her autographs and several items with her handwriting. Below are a few I thought I'd add to the discussion, I can add my others too if you'd like but didnt want to make it too cluttered.

401879_411100598988311_313363737_n.jpg

Here's my Lucy autograph photo. Whether real or not I'm not sure. But it was signed in 1988 and placed at a Hollywood memorbilia shop with a COA (that shop was owned by a guy that collected and sold autographs) and a man paid $250 for this that year, in the same frame and everything. Hopefully it is the real deal. But it looks like the basic signature she had.

IMAG2058_zpsa0ea2634.jpg

That's the exact same autograph that was on MY autographed picture, it's definitely REAL!

Hi all! I thought I would join in on this because I have wondered about this throughout the years...I have five of her autographs and several items with her handwriting. Below are a few I thought I'd add to the discussion, I can add my others too if you'd like but didnt want to make it too cluttered.

401879_411100598988311_313363737_n.jpg

How could she order anything in BEIGE, the lady WAS beige herself, hope it was shoes and not another beige dress. Or pant suit. They all look like HER handwriting to ME!

That's the exact same autograph that was on MY autographed picture, it's definitely REAL!

I hope so. It was the most legitimate one I had seen in a while that's why I told my sister to get it for me! Lol. The 'L' is the thing that always varies in the photos. The 'ucy' is almost always the same, besides the loop in the 'y'. Thats just how it seems to me at least.

How could she order anything in BEIGE, the lady WAS beige herself, hope it was shoes and not another beige dress. Or pant suit. They all look like HER handwriting to ME!

LOL! Oh Claude, that comment did make me laugh. All those signatures look very similar. I would be interested to see a very early signature of hers compared to a later signature of hers as AGE does change your writing. p.s - Thanks for keeping my thread alive :-)

LOL! Oh Claude, that comment did make me laugh. All those signatures look very similar. I would be interested to see a very early signature of hers compared to a later signature of hers as AGE does change your writing. p.s - Thanks for keeping my thread alive :-)

I visited the "Museum of the Moving Image" last month in Astoria, NY and saw a very early signature of hers. The only time I'd ever seen her sign this way was on a photo that scrolled by during "Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie" and a fellow Lucy collector owned one. It is not really much of an autograph, but I do think it is fun to see how she altered her signature over time.

404476_411236765641361_2901578_n.jpg

I visited the "Museum of the Moving Image" last month in Astoria, NY and saw a very early signature of hers. The only time I'd ever seen her sign this way was on a photo that scrolled by during "Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie" and a fellow Lucy collector owned one. It is not really much of an autograph, but I do think it is fun to see how she altered her signature over time.

404476_411236765641361_2901578_n.jpg

Was this to our BELOVED moron Thompson?

Maybe, but it is hard to believe they would have this in both a very professional museum and in her daughter's film.

True but I also doubt it was uppermost on either's mind to verify the authenticity of her signature on a dime-a-dozen (back then, that is!) publicity still. ;)

True but I also doubt it was uppermost on either's mind to verify the authenticity of her signature on a dime-a-dozen (back then, that is!) publicity still. ;)

The signed picture in Lucy and Desi: A Home Movie was from Lucy's high shool days and undoubtedly signed by her.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived