Lucy's TV Clothes

Luvsbway

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need that red dress, so perfect for Christmas.

I know, guess that's why she wore it for one of her Christmas shows. And even on a photo shoot at her home as you pointed out before. Standing at the front door with hubby and the kids. Wonder if she was still able to wear it AFTER the kids shortened it in Yours mine and whositz?

That's called padding and a good girdle. :lucyhehe:

O

She always said it herself about T&A -- "I wasn't blessed with much of either." :lucyhaha:

Something me and her have in common. Haha. I have them but not average at all for my size.But one good thing about that era is that women's bosoms weren't the greatest asset to woman like now. Not everybody was flashing them about.

Well exception of Marilyn, Jayne and Mae of course. :lucyhehe:

O

Something me and her have in common. Haha. I have them but not average at all for my size.But one good thing about that era is that women's bosoms weren't the greatest asset to woman like now. Not everybody was flashing them about.

Well exception of Marilyn, Jayne and Mae of course. :lucyhehe:

As i get older, i got some mean looking MAN BOOBS, does that count?

Yeah, that's pretty much how i feel about them also. I noticed, to get back on topic, that Lucy wore a lot of these funny things on her dresses in season three. These little add ons on the front or front side, all these pleats, folds, etc . . .

Very true. Very clean and sophisticated look. I absolutely adore her outfits in ILL. From the blue polka dot dress to the sweet sue number to the pant dresses. She looks marvelous.

Very true. Very clean and sophisticated look. I absolutely adore her outfits in ILL. From the blue polka dot dress to the sweet sue number to the pant dresses. She looks marvelous.

Looks like something different happened in season three. Her wardrobe diversified a lot. The outfits all looked great but we were looking at the comedy i guess i never focused on her clothes. Sparkly stuff on her collars, big flowing skirts and so on.

Her beautiful outfits in the Lucille Ball Comedy Hour. Starting at the actual Mr and Mrs TV part. That black dress with the black coat with the fur trims and the black gloves is my favorite. She looks marvelous.

Ahhh yes, her first official Lucille Ball Comedy Hour show! The only thing I like about this were the costumes! Apart from that the whole show was below average (and that's being nice). I still can't believe that it only went for 60 minutes. I felt like I was sitting there for hours watching it!

Her beautiful outfits in the Lucille Ball Comedy Hour. Starting at the actual Mr and Mrs TV part. That black dress with the black coat with the fur trims and the black gloves is my favorite. She looks marvelous.

How could she not while wearing Edith Head creations, Edith made Don Loper look like Mr Blackwell, LOL!

Apparently, Lucille was either wearing her own clothes; they were created especially for her; or she had access to them for her personal use after wearing them on screen. Frugal as she was, she wore them many times, as evidenced by the folks here on the Lounge who notice that sort of thin'.

This is just a bit of trivia, Melody Thomas Scott, Y&R, one of the founding Board Members of the Center; since having resigned; who auctioned off many of her 'costumes' from the Y&R to benefit the Center; said they could only wear a costume ONE TIME; can you imagine how many costumes she has had in her 20+ years on the Y&R????

Archived