The lovely Valerie Harper

rickee

This is devestating. Valerie is one of the nicest, loviest people I have ever met and one of television's greatest stars.

I feel exactly the same way. Just recently met her at one of the Hollywood Autograph shows here in Burbank and she couldn't have been lovelier. This is so hard to wrap my head around... and who wouldn't have thought we might have thought it would be Mary, given all her health woes. This is just...heartbreakingly sad...and much, much too young!.

Thoughts, prayers and good wishes go to Miss Harper, Tony, her lovely daughter and the entire Cacciotti family. Sigh.

Such sad news :(

THE SADDEST! She's only 73 and i didn't even think she was that old. Terminal brain cancer with only three months or so to live. Just read that on the net, she found out in January, no wonder she had to cancel some appearances. Brilliant actress, television icon, decent human being always working for women's rights around the world, so so sad.

Very sad news. When I first saw the header of the blurb on another website I was hoping it was just a tabloid story overstatement, like apparently the reports about Mary in recent years. I always felt Valerie was far and away Lucy's favorite sitcom actress with all her generous statements about her when commenting about "successors".

Very sad news. When I first saw the header of the blurb on another website I was hoping it was just a tabloid story overstatement, like apparently the reports about Mary in recent years. I always felt Valerie was far and away Lucy's favorite sitcom actress with all her generous statements about her when commenting about "successors".

Yeah, i wonder if everybody here knows the backstory on Lucy and Val. She was one of the gypsies in Lucy's Wildcat, along with Hal Linden of Barney Miller. Val said she once helped them paint their dressing rooms as she found them too depressing. Val got one of her Emmys from Lucy who was a presenter one time and she yelled out at Lucy, HEY, REMEMBER ME? And of course she was one of the three ladies along with Bea Arthur and Pam Dawber who serenaded Lucy in a song at her Kennedy Center tribute.

Here are some good thoughts from Betty, Cloris, Ed, Jason Bateman and more.

http://www.people.co...0679733,00.html

Those were nice to read, such lovely thoughts from people like us who care about her. The best thing she has said recently is that she is not thinking about dying but rather about living every day and she hopes we all do the same.

I am in disbeliefe! I was JUST looking at her videos of Tallulah and thinking, wow, still going, and doesnt look a day of 53! now this??? I just...wow..

this is so sad

I know, but at least by announcing it she is one of those rare celebs that will get to see how much affection the world has for her and how much admiration we have for her many talents too. It's rare they get to see all that.