The lovely Valerie Harper

rickee

Wow, just wow. What a brave lady, only months to live. I guess facing your own mortality makes you braver; like today my friend with the breast cancer just had a mastectomy and is acting like it's no big deal. Gotta admire the chutzpah.

Yup, i would never react like they are, they are strong, courageous, and really know how to handle tough situations and are truly to be admired for that.

She's the cover story for this week's People. Lovely article, lovely pictures of Val and her family. This is really heartbreaking, kids. I don't know how she's handling it with such grace and bravery, but she is. My heart goes out to her and her family. :lucyblah:

She looks absolutely amazing on that cover, no way would anyone guess she was 73 if we didn't know. This has to be the first time in months that People had a real star on the cover, not all these reality show nobodies.

Stupidly, I set it for ABC...and our local affiliate happens to be out of Detroit. <_<

I get that a lot on satellite, they focus on a local news story or storm and you get screwed out of your program until someone wakes up and switches to teh original channel. You know, that thing where if a show is on a US And CANADIAN CHANNEL THEY HAVE TO SHOW THE CANADIAN CHANNEL INSTEAD OF THE US ONE FOR COMMERCIALS I GUESS.

She looks absolutely amazing on that cover, no way would anyone guess she was 73 if we didn't know. This has to be the first time in months that People had a real star on the cover, not all these reality show nobodies.

Good point about People, stopped buying it years ago. Didn't Michael Landon also do a talk show appearance on Carson or somebody before he died and knowing that he was dying?

ME-TV is dedicating their schedule of "The Mary Tyler Show" this week to Valerie Harper's "Rhoda Morgenstern". They schedule one episode of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" each evening.

We have both Mary Tyler Moore AND Rhoda playing here, and they are advertizing Rhoda a lot more recently i noticed.

Wow! Great shot. This is the only colour photo I have seen of Valerie in Wildcat aside from one taken during (what I presume due to the headgear) is El Sombrero.

Lucy looks really happy here, staged or not! Well I guess performing in a Broadway show helps and ending up in the arms of Keith Andes didn't hurt, either! ;)