Lucille's other jewelry

leenorman

I came across this blurb while in the editing process I thought was interesting; never heard it mentioned in any of the auctions, etc.; wonder, since it was something her father gave her mother, if young Lucie ever wears....anyone ever seen a photo of Lucille wearing it, or have any comments?

LA Examiner, Behind the Makeup, Harry Crocker: “Lucille Ball is wearing one of the most unusual novelties – the gift of band leader husband, Desi Arnaz. The red-headed star of Her Husband’s Affairs, received a solid gold charm bracelet from Desi. Attached to the bracelet are tiny discs, each of them a miniature reproduction of a song Arnaz has recorded, and exact enough to include song titles and brand names,” published this date in 1947.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I searched for a picture of this bracelet but no luck. I did, however, find the following paragraph:

"Lucille Ball had several charm bracelets that her husband Desi Arnez started for her. Both Lucy and Desi's mothers wore charm bracelets. Her first bracelet comprised of six Desi's hit records that he had made into Gold Charms for her bracelet with the title of his hits on side A and side B. Desi also started a charm bracelet for their daughter, as a family heirloom having many charms of childhood interests, such as a piano, a ballerina and a carousel pony on it, just to name a few."

Here's a link to the whole article: http://www.classic-charms.com/charhis.html (And yes, they spelled Arnaz wrong...)

I searched for a picture of this bracelet but no luck. I did, however, find the following paragraph:

"Lucille Ball had several charm bracelets that her husband Desi Arnez started for her. Both Lucy and Desi's mothers wore charm bracelets. Her first bracelet comprised of six Desi's hit records that he had made into Gold Charms for her bracelet with the title of his hits on side A and side B. Desi also started a charm bracelet for their daughter, as a family heirloom having many charms of childhood interests, such as a piano, a ballerina and a carousel pony on it, just to name a few."

Here's a link to the whole article: http://www.classic-c...om/charhis.html (And yes, they spelled Arnaz wrong...)

MANY loving thanks, vivfantoo! You are the best! Loving you, JK

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve been working my way through season 2 of TLS and checking out details I’ve missed. I’m doing this in order and with my ILL experiment it helps you to see things you didn’t ordinarily see as they get repeated from episode to episode.

I’ve noticed that around mid season Lucy will frequently wear this really nice necklace and bracelet set. It’s not in every episode or scene but it pops up a lot mostly when she is wearing a suit as opposed to the clothes she wears at home. It’s a gold link chocker style necklace and the bracelet is a match to the necklace. It’s very pretty and I think looks flattering on her.

Viv also frequently wears a blue heart shaped necklace in this season as well. Sometimes it is paired with a chocker style run of a single pearl strand.

• 2 months later...

I thought that was the Homecoming necklace but it doesn't match. I think it might be the one she wore with this dress for a photo shoot, but I can't find the pics of that shoot now.

neck4.jpg

Oh yes! That's what I'm thinking! I have a few of those photos but it won't let me post since I'm on my phone.

I believe that necklace did make an appearance other than that famous photoshoot. Cannot think of where right now.

The bottom of the dress is where all the drama is. This photo shoot never shows it.

I also caught Hazel wearing it while dancing at the country club in Westport.

I was just about to say that! I noticed that a couple months ago.

But that's why I thought it was Homecoming too. Same dress.

I was watching Ethel's Hometown last night and caught a glimpse of Lucy's earrings. They were a heart with an arrow going through it. They were also on the larger side taking up her whole earlobe. I thought they were rather cute.

With this blue ray player I got I'm noticing a nice upscale in detail of the picture and more brightness. It's making me see these details more.

Archived