"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning, truly stunning! Very Lucille Ball mid 50's!

Thanks so much for that, it means a lot.

I have a lot of ultimate inspirations - 3 very well known in the Lucy world

Al Hirschfeld

Rick Carl

and Amsel

They have such a quality, it's like traditional american art but with a twist- every time I sit in front of a piece of paper to draw

I guess I subconsciously think "make an art piece that they'd be proud of"

Thanks again, I was hoping others would join in! :)

PISHAW, you are all equally incredibly talented and your work is just awesome.

Im not trying to date Rick's age at all lol, but I grew up intensely watching his art.

You know some art you like and that's pretty much it- You appreciate it, but the identification and attachment just isn't there.

You see it and move on but Rick and Hirschfeld and other artists like them- (some featured on Time Magazine covers)- I'd

see and would think....wait...I get this, I see what they were going for, and they accomplished it and its AMAZING!

They have their unique twist yet its magically accurate.

EVERY TIME I SAW RICKS ART, everytime, I saw the ESSENCE of Lucy.

One day Rick will hopefully grace us with some pics of his previous Lucy work-

I had pics of it, but my computer crashed and they were gone :(!

There was one of Lucy on Carson that was remarkable! in that large scarf lol

Then there was her in this blue top with her famous glasses on, and it was amazing!

There was one of Lucy in one of her last appearances in 89, in this GORGEOUS pink outfit, Magnificent

The one of her sipping her coffee and smoking at the table in ILLp- THE PRECISION ON THAT IS REMARKABLE!

Then there's the one of her in the 60's, with the longer hair by in her backyard that he had done- breathtaking

And of course the cover of the I Love Lucy Book- which he wishes he had another crack at but to me is ASTONISHING

There's one that he had done of Lucy in Mame- remember that one guys? AWESOME-

Another of Lucy in her infanticipating years! lol

The list goes on and on!!!

It wasn't like some art some one did that just came out nice,

but the essence of her was there. It's hard to describe, but thats what its like for me lolol Looking at this art.

ILL NEVER FORGET- Getting one of my first Lucy fan magazines in the mail- I think it was Star Notes, and on the cover was Rick's work...of Lucy in the 40's.WITH THE PERFECTLY FLOWING HAIR-it must have took him months to finish that detailed hair!!

I framed it and every time I'd sit to draw Lucy, I'd say to myself, as weird as it was- "make Lucy and this guy proud to see the results"

as if one day they'd see it and have to approve it lol- NEVER KNOWING ONE DAY I WOULD GET THE CHANCE TO HAVE HIM SEE IT AND EVEN COMPLIMENT IT!

i NEVER MET hIRSCHFELD, but when he was living I did get a chance to get a signed Hirschfeld! of Lucy! So I've been blessed and it gets better.

Sorry for the rant, but I have to acknowledge a genius when I see one.

Im not trying to date Rick's age at all lol, but I grew up intensely watching his art.

You know some art you like and that's pretty much it- You appreciate it, but the identification and attachment just isn't there.

You see it and move on but Rick and Hirschfeld and other artists like them- (some featured on Time Magazine covers)- I'd

see and would think....wait...I get this, I see what they were going for, and they accomplished it and its AMAZING!

They have their unique twist yet its magically accurate.

EVERY TIME I SAW RICKS ART, everytime, I saw the ESSENCE of Lucy.

One day Rick will hopefully grace us with some pics of his previous Lucy work-

I had pics of it, but my computer crashed and they were gone :(!

There was one of Lucy on Carson that was remarkable! in that large scarf lol

Then there was her in this blue top with her famous glasses on, and it was amazing!

There was one of Lucy in one of her last appearances in 89, in this GORGEOUS pink outfit, Magnificent

The one of her sipping her coffee and smoking at the table in ILLp- THE PRECISION ON THAT IS REMARKABLE!

Then there's the one of her in the 60's, with the longer hair by in her backyard that he had done- breathtaking

And of course the cover of the I Love Lucy Book- which he wishes he had another crack at but to me is ASTONISHING

There's one that he had done of Lucy in Mame- remember that one guys? AWESOME-

Another of Lucy in her infanticipating years! lol

The list goes on and on!!!

It wasn't like some art some one did that just came out nice,

but the essence of her was there. It's hard to describe, but thats what its like for me lolol Looking at this art.

ILL NEVER FORGET- Getting one of my first Lucy fan magazines in the mail- I think it was Star Notes, and on the cover was Rick's work...of Lucy in the 40's.WITH THE PERFECTLY FLOWING HAIR-it must have took him months to finish that detailed hair!!

I framed it and every time I'd sit to draw Lucy, I'd say to myself, as weird as it was- "make Lucy and this guy proud to see the results"

as if one day they'd see it and have to approve it lol- NEVER KNOWING ONE DAY I WOULD GET THE CHANCE TO HAVE HIM SEE IT AND EVEN COMPLIMENT IT!

i NEVER MET hIRSCHFELD, but when he was living I did get a chance to get a signed Hirschfeld! of Lucy! So I've been blessed and it gets better.

Sorry for the rant, but I have to acknowledge a genius when I see one.

Your work is just as amazing kiddo. The way you can cappture her in a drawing is just uncanny.

Lamar, I've said it before and will say it again, both you and Rick are beyond gifted and talented in your own unique ways! cool.gif

I think saying that you both somehow capture her true "essence" speaks volumes, because it is so "dead on"! I hope you both continue your great love of Lucy by sharing your talents with us for many, many years to come.

Thank you BOTH for your priceless contributions. I am so in awe (not to mention envious!) of folks such as the two of you who can sit down and create these masterpieces from blank paper.... AMAZING!!

Thank you! smile.gif

Lamar, I've said it before and will say it again, both you and Rick are beyond gifted and talented in your own unique ways! cool.gif

I think saying that you both somehow capture her true "essence" speaks volumes, because it is so "dead on"! I hope you both continue your great love of Lucy by sharing your talents with us for many, many years to come.

Thank you BOTH for your priceless contributions. I am so in awe (not to mention envious!) of folks such as the two of you who can sit down and create these masterpieces from blank paper.... AMAZING!!

Thank you! smile.gif

I feel like Lucy when accepting a large applause at an awards show- I smile I read it, and then i tear up lolol

THANK YOU SO MUCH-I JUST CANT TELL U- Its so nice that you enjoy it.

Ill try and post the one i did for Life with Lucy- AND NO- NO WRINKLES CLAUDY lol

I feel like Lucy when accepting a large applause at an awards show- I smile I read it, and then i tear up lolol

THANK YOU SO MUCH-I JUST CANT TELL U- Its so nice that you enjoy it.

Ill try and post the one i did for Life with Lucy- AND NO- NO WRINKLES CLAUDY lol

I understand that you have to portray her the way she was but it just kills me to think how upset she'd be if she saw the overabundance of wrinkles and could not alter the pics to show her as more youthful which is the way she wanted to be seen so she could keep working, not just for vanity's sake. YOU DO AN INCREDIBLE JOB IN EVERY PIC YOU DRAW OF HER, THEY ARE REAL AND LIFELIKE AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT ME AND THE WRINKLE BUSINESS, IT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived