"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

I bought this during the Birthday Celebration in '03 at the auction on Saturday afternoon. It's painted by Gary Peters who painted the three large Lucy murals in downtown Jamestown. I can take some better shots (hopefully without any glare) and close-ups if anyone is interested. Also, anyone know if Mr. Peters is still painting Lucy?

photo.jpg

That is a great piece of art!

Yes, I think he is still painting Lucy and designed light post banners that were flown during the latest festival.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a great piece of art!

Yes, I think he is still painting Lucy and designed light post banners that were flown during the latest festival.

I wonder if the banners are the same ones that are on a few light posts downtown right now. Not too fond of them, really (so much so that I didn't bother with a picture).

I'll take it off the wall sometime in the next few days and take better pictures, it's truly the most fabulous Lucy piece I own!

• 3 weeks later...

The ear freaks me out. :lucyhorror: But hey it's 11 million times better than anything I could do! :lucythrill:

Thanks a lot-

um yea, the ear lolol this isn't a scan, it's a picture, and the light makes the ear and the entire piece darker on screen, in person it's very light.

I didn't even notice it when I posted, there's so much else there than just the dark ear...ARTISTS WHERE ARE YOU!? lol

Sometimes Claude, you remind me of so many things :)

Im glad you liked it

I dunno how to take that comment but i can't look at anything without saying what i love and also what i don't particularly like but your pics of her are as close to perfect as anyone can get, rickee and you are just incredible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Breathtaking and so much better looking than your Halloween one.

Thanks Claudey

The halloween one was an okay favorite. Just a quick QUICK sketch of Lucy from The School Pageant episode

which really did a good job in making her look unattractive-So I thought to cartoon it up- THIS piece up above

is a little different. It started as traditional fine art pencil sketch, and then developed into a mixed media traditional art sketch.

So there's no exaggeration here.

I wish it were a little more life like, but hey

Thanks Claudey

The halloween one was an okay favorite. Just a quick QUICK sketch of Lucy from The School Pageant episode

which really did a good job in making her look unattractive-So I thought to cartoon it up- THIS piece up above

is a little different. It started as traditional fine art pencil sketch, and then developed into a mixed media traditional art sketch.

So there's no exaggeration here.

I wish it were a little more life like, but hey

Hey, you know very well that i only meant that the Halloween one makes her look horrible, but i understand those were the circumstances of the picture, HOWEVER, this new one for the New Year is just intricate in it's minute detail and looks like a photograph as it is so rich in detail and is just beyond amazing.

Dang! Just catching up with posts having just returned home from the homeland and missed this one earlier and now the pic doesn't show up. Lamarr, can you repost?? Thanks! :D

How do you know he didn't just post his interpretation of Lucy as a box with a red X in it? I thought he captured her perfectly, red and all.

Archived