Gag Headlines

55 minutes ago, Neil said:

"Mames Maimed!"  where it is revealed that the skier who broadsided Lucy up at Snow Mass was Angela Lansbury, who later claimed she only intended to wish Lucy good luck in the show business "break a leg" tradition.  

OMG, this could've been one of Lucy's specials where she played herself, detailing the Mame feud. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 7:25 PM, Mot Morenzi said:

OMG, this could've been one of Lucy's specials where she played herself, detailing the Mame feud. 

In the vein of that surreal unproduced "Lucy Goes to Broadway" special, they could have done "Lucy Makes a Musical" with "good sport" guest stars Roz Russell, Angela, Ann Miller, Ann Sothern, Carole Cook and Ginger Rogers all angling for the part.  Aghast when Lucy is cast, they conspire to "help" her.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
  • G. Morton under fire for supplying Desilu employees with masks only 3/4 of the standard size in order to save money
  • Pistols 'n' Petticoats star to headline new Life Alert ad campaign: "Help, I've been pummeled by a redhead and I don't want to get up!"
  • Fox News pundit suggests that COVID-19 outbreak may just be a misdiagnosis of Gobloots
  • Los Angeles secretary who formerly claimed to have infected Patti Andrews with Coronavirus now contends that it was "just a bite from a tsetse fly"
  • White House press conferences revealed to contain canned reactions from reporters when anal-retentive sitcom fan points out Dede Ball "Uh-Oh" spliced in after President's gaffe
  • Cuban Pete and Sally Sweet to reunite online for a "Chick-Chicky-ZOOM" benefit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Freddie2 said:
  • G. Morton under fire for supplying Desilu employees with masks only 3/4 of the standard size in order to save money
  • Pistols 'n' Petticoats star to headline new Life Alert ad campaign: "Help, I've been pummeled by a redhead and I don't want to get up!"
  • Fox News pundit suggests that COVID-19 outbreak may just be a misdiagnosis of Gobloots
  • Los Angeles secretary who formerly claimed to have infected Patti Andrews with Coronavirus now contends that it was "just a bite from a tsetse fly"
  • White House press conferences revealed to contain canned reactions from reporters when anal-retentive sitcom fan points out Dede Ball "Uh-Oh" spliced in after President's gaffe
  • Cuban Pete and Sally Sweet to reunite online for a "Chick-Chicky-ZOOM" benefit

OMG these are hysterical. I especially love the disease really being Gobloots and Gary being stingy with the masks. And the "uh-oh" reaction to Trump, somebody should actually splice those in to his press conferences (Yoo-hoo, Neil!) :D 

• YouTube sees explosion of drunken viral videos as "Vitametavegamin" revealed to prevent COVID-19
  • Vance delights as quarantine measures keep her away from Frawley, all scenes shot individually
  • Little Ricky, Stevie Appleby diagnosed with coronavirus, mothers turn recovery into competition
  • Owner of Unique Employment Agency self-isolates after displaying symptoms, turns out to just be Peeper-Poopers
  • Wednesday Afternoon Fine Arts League stages televised charity concert for COVID-19 during lockdown, redhead slammed for choosing "Downtown" as solo
  • "Here's Lucy" cast livestreams script reading, Morton decides to stick with format post-lockdown to cut costs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

These are TOOOO hilarious.  Hard to pick favorite, but Gary's 3/4 size masks made me do a Mrs. McGillicuddy laugh.

I'd forgotten about the whole Patty Andrews tsetse fly story.  Pretty wacko even by Here's Lucy standards.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freddie2 said:
  • Fabray intends to use new Desilu vehicle to write off her cosmetic surgeries as a business expense: No Nose Nanette will premiere this fall

Just thought of that one last night after watching an interview with Ms. Fabray.

Holy cow, she really DIDN'T have much of a nose! I'd never really noticed before.

• 11 months later...

Arden of Eden: “Our Miss Brooks” star signs on for biblical teleplay

Desilu Playhouse Sponsor Feud! Tennessee Ernie runs down Betty Furness in new Ford!

“It came back?” - Furious Vance quits after Desilu paycheck bounces

Less is Moore: Exclusive details about Candy’s new zero-episode contract!

Edited by Mot Morenzi
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 5:06 AM, Mot Morenzi said:

Arden of Eden: “Our Miss Brooks” star signs on for biblical teleplay

Desilu Playhouse Sponsor Feud! Tennessee Ernie runs down Betty Furness in new Ford!

“It came back?” - Furious Vance quits after Desilu paycheck bounces

Less is Moore: Exclusive details about Candy’s new zero-episode contract!

LOL, as always.

I thought there should be a Chris "Home Alone' episode where she returns from a sleepover at Cynthia's  and the house is vacant.  Lucy: "You know how it is when you're planning a big trip.  Some little detail is liable to slip your mind." 

The move to California, and the great episodes that could have happened, will forever fester in my craw.  They dispense with the absurdity that Mooney and Lucy would both move without the other one knowing pretty quickly.  but STILL...

• Haha 2