• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This Is Your Life, Ann Miller!

We really missed out on an Ann Miller/Jane Withers reality program.

Ann tells how the safety pin was born!

TWO QUESTIONS COME IMMEDIATELY TO MIND: 

YEAR, OF COURSE;

AND WHY WAS LUCILLE NOT THERE?  [Had she passed?]  Since she was liberally mentioned in Ann's 'life'/career beginning, etc., I would have thought she would have been there; or at least, sent a recorded 'message' - guess she must have been gone by then.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful piece with us; MORE would be GREAT!  I watched this is your life often as a child and young adult.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nothing makes me laugh more than the fact that Ann, who hadn't made a movie in over 40 years (save "Won Ton Ton") and decreed the lack of glamour in films, made her triumphant return to feature films in Mulholland Drive. When Ann signed on it was an ABC TV pilot and Ann longed to be the kooky neighbor in a TV series. When Ann went to the premiere and saw the final version with all the graphic sexual content, she laughed and said, "I didn't understand a word of it, but I'm so glad I'm in it!" At least the movie had plenty of mystique.

• Like 3

Nothing makes me laugh more than the fact that Ann, who hadn't made a movie in over 40 years (save "Won Ton Ton") and decreed the lack of glamour in films, made her triumphant return to feature films in Mulholland Drive. When Ann signed on it was an ABC TV pilot and Ann longed to be the kooky neighbor in a TV series. When Ann went to the premiere and saw the final version with all the graphic sexual content, she laughed and said, "I didn't understand a word of it, but I'm so glad I'm in it!" At least the movie had plenty of mystique.

Now that you mention it, Ann totally plays that movie like she thinks she's acting in a sitcom. 

Poor Ann had three marriages for a COMBINED total of 5 years as a wife.  I always assumed she had married and was raising a family because she was out of the limelight after the MGM 50s musicals faded until "Mame" in 1969 resurrected her from a steady decline where she would have ended up a checker at the Pig. 

Given how indestructible she seemed, 80  was a young age for her to die.   IF you believe she was 14 during "Stage Door", that is.