Favorite Vivian Vance Guest Appearance

LucyImHome

Sunset Strip one. Watch Lucy hug Viv at the airport. You can tell how truly happy she was to have her back. Lucy even looks to shed a tear she's happy.

Never cared for that one, but the Welk one had such great chemistry and good story.  Where he's talking and Lucy thinks it's someone imitating him puts me away every single time.

I like the beginning of "Viv Visits Lucy" but never cared much for the second act. Their impressions of the younger generation seem stale and the depiction of the hippies is so stereotypical. Very much a condescending "older generarion" view of them. But they were certainly funny in their getups.

Viv was funny on the Hawaiian episodes but the absence of the audience is very palpable and therefore feels off. Tiijuana had its moments but too few. The Welk episode is very funny but Welk's performance is so bad that it kind of ruins it for me. But its great seeing Viv and Mary Jane together.

Heard a story that the Welk one took til after midnight to wrap as they were having such a problem getting Welk to not deliver his lines to the camera. Story goes Lucy stands in the middle of the set after wrapping, throws up her hands and s ays "my fault", thus taking the blame for having him guest.

Heard a story that the Welk one took til after midnight to wrap as they were having such a problem getting Welk to not deliver his lines to the camera. Story goes Lucy stands in the middle of the set after wrapping, throws up her hands and says "my fault", thus taking the blame for having him guest.

Poor Larry.

"Holy sh*t a we're a f*ckin' smokin' now!"

Poor Larry.

"Holy sh*t a we're a f*ckin' smokin' now!"

I don't get the reference...

That was rather annoying that he played right to the camera, but it's not as if he didn't know what he was doing....he'd had his own show for years by that point so.... might have been a good time to have a stronger director at the helm. ;)

I don't get the reference...

That was rather annoying that he played right to the camera, but it's not as if he didn't know what he was doing....he'd had his own show for years by that point so.... might have been a good time to have a stronger director at the helm. ;)

Family Guy joke. youtu.be/1A6OU9_kWMw

Wouldn't let me embed the link for some reason.

I think I like "Viv Visits Lucy", the Sunset Strip episode. Just like old times, Lucy gets Viv to partipate in one of her schemes.

I also like the Lawrence Welk episode.

In the Welk ep, Lucy and Viv seemed to really be enjoying themselves, so what if he couldn't act, it was a great premise and Lucy had had troubles with other stars like Tallulah, so she was used to that.

My favorite from the Lucy Show is Viv and Lucy on the SUnset Strip.  It was hilarious and Viv got in the action again.  The retrospective was done great but Lucy and Joan Crawford is not one of my favorites. 

On Here's Lucy Lucy the Matchmaker is odd Viv and Gale together come on.  However it had its moments.  Lucy, Mary Jane and Viv are great together in Lucy and Lawerence Welk.  I don't like the Tijuana one so boring not enough going on.  Lucy Goes Hawaian is great for me a music lover.  All have a great role in it.  My favorite though is With Viv As a Friend Who Needs an Enemy? 

My favorite from the Lucy Show is Viv and Lucy on the SUnset Strip.  It was hilarious and Viv got in the action again.  The retrospective was done great but Lucy and Joan Crawford is not one of my favorites. 

On Here's Lucy Lucy the Matchmaker is odd Viv and Gale together come on.  However it had its moments.  Lucy, Mary Jane and Viv are great together in Lucy and Lawerence Welk.  I don't like the Tijuana one so boring not enough going on.  Lucy Goes Hawaian is great for me a music lover.  All have a great role in it.  My favorite though is With Viv As a Friend Who Needs an Enemy? 

Oh yeah, that Hawaiian one was a great showcase for everybody musically.

It's sad that Vivian's health prevented her from appearing during seasons 5 and 6 of Here's Lucy. They could've had a throw back to The Lucy Show with Viv taking care of Lucy's broken leg...and breaking hers in the process. Then Harry has to play nurse to both of them.

I always wondered why Viv didn't appear in seasons 5 & 6 of Here's Lucy!

Archived