Lucy and Gary Photo Thread

Luvsbway

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't think I've ever seen a photo of the two of them where I've noticed anything remotely close to a 13 (or 15, depending on source) year age difference (or really ANY age disparity)

Some "couples" with a 15 year age differences (older female)

Mabel Albertson-Gregory Peck

Kathryn Card-James Mason (both in "A Star is Born"; Kathryn's scenes cut, now represented by stills)

Jody Gilbert-Robert Wagner

• Haha 1

Some others in the same Lucy-Gary 15 year age difference category:  (actual ages may vary, depends on source)

Marjorie Main--Joseph Cotton

RoseMarie-Warren Beatty

Lillian Gish--Robert Taylor

Beulah Bondi-Cary Grant

Reta Shaw--Clint Walker  or Reta Shaw and just about any of Lucy Carmichael's dates

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

Seems like she hung out with Debbie more than I thought. Over on my IG I posted a picture and story where the family spent Lucy's birthday at Debbie's beach house.

Todd talks in the book of Lucy and Debbie being great friends, and Lucy giving him Desi Jr’s golf clubs when Desi outgrew that particular set. There might me more mentions but I’ve only flipped a few pages so far.

1 minute ago, Brock said:

Todd talks in the book of Lucy and Debbie being great friends, and Lucy giving him Desi Jr’s golf clubs when Desi outgrew that particular set. There might me more mentions but I’ve only flipped a few pages so far.

I might have to check my library for this book. What's the title?

• 11 months later...

Probably went bald from neglecting hair care.  His barbershop was only open on Monday nights in the 50s and as you know "Gary was always working somewhere Mondays".  WHERE?, I gotta ask.

If there was ever a candid taken of Gary sans toupee, I never saw it.   He certainly had me fooled.  It wasn't until Lucy books came out that I ever noticed.  He had the good sense to get wigs that went gradually grey.  I wonder what he did with his old ones. (Gave them to Tony Bennett?)

According to person who shot the famous video of Lucy and Desi in pool playing with Simon, Gary was also in pool, sporting a bathing cap!

1 hour ago, Neil said:

According to person who shot the famous video of Lucy and Desi in pool playing with Simon, Gary was also in pool, sporting a bathing cap!

I had heard he was sans toupee in that film but didn't hear about the bathing cap. Interesting. So how did showering at the country club go? I mean you can't wear a toupee all the time. Seemed like he was never going to show the top of his head.