My Favorite Husband

This was my list of missing episodes a couple years back:

Anywhere to get that? I'd love to. By my count, there were 125 episodes in total. Some may be mislabeled, I haven't listened to them all yet, but I seem to have 108 unique shows (36 of which are also on the ILL DVDs), plus another one on one of the ILL DVDs ("Giveaway Program"). So that's 109. Missing 16 ("The Cugats' Tenth Wedding Anniversary", "Literary Club’s Speaker Comes to Dinner", "The Magazine Photographer", "Is Your Ship of Matrimony on the Rocks?", "Liz Has Her Fortune Told", "The Election", "Respective Mustaches", "Old Jokes and Old Stories", "Budget", "The Auction", "April Fool", "The Health Farm", "Movies", "The Fuller Brush Show", "Vacation from Marriage", "April Fool Joke"). This is such a great radio show, they should do everything possible to release all of it.

I haven't checked around since then though.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone.

I have a reaonsbale sized collection of My Favorite Husband episodes. I have 100 of 125 episodes. I am missing 25 (excluding the rebroadcast episode which would take the total to 126 episodes). I was wondering if anyone can help with any of my missing episodes listed below.

000 7/5/48 George's Old Flame"

001 7/23/48 The Literary Club”

002 7/30/48 The Magazine Photographer”

005 8/20/48 Liz Teaches the Samba"

006 8/27/48 Matrimony on the Rocks"

008 9/10/48 Liz Has Her Fortune Told"

012 10/3/48 George's Old Flame

016 10/30/48 The Election

022 12/11/48 Respective Moustaches

024 12/25/48 Numerology

036 3/18/49 Give Away Program

037 3/25/49 Old Jokes and Old Stories

047 6/3/49 Budget - Mr. Atterbury

053 9/9/49 The Auction

082 4/2/50 April Fool

084 4/16/50 Anniversary

096 9/9/50 Gossip

097 9/16/50 Movies

098 9/23/50 Fuller Brush Show

104 11/4/50 The Two Mrs. Coopers

105 11/11/50 Vacation From Marriage

119 2/17/51 Renewal Of Driver’s License

120 2/24/51 The Two Mothers-In-Law

123 3/17/51 Liz Hires A New Secretary For George

125 3/31/51 The April Fool Joke (The Silk Stocking)

Also I have a question about the Young Matron's League Tryout. There are supposed to be two versions of the Tryout episode, however I have ended up with two different versions of Young Matron's League Play and they are definitely two different shows.

Is the reference to two versions of the Tryout epsidoe an error? Is it supposed to be the Play that was done twice?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike.

Mikey you should be able to get at least nine new episodes for your collection here http://archive.org/details/MyFavoriteHusband_866 as 109 are available for free downloading.

Anywhere to get that? I'd love to. By my count, there were 125 episodes in total. Some may be mislabeled, I haven't listened to them all yet, but I seem to have 108 unique shows (36 of which are also on the ILL DVDs), plus another one on one of the ILL DVDs ("Giveaway Program"). So that's 109. Missing 16 ("The Cugats' Tenth Wedding Anniversary", "Literary Club’s Speaker Comes to Dinner", "The Magazine Photographer", "Is Your Ship of Matrimony on the Rocks?", "Liz Has Her Fortune Told", "The Election", "Respective Mustaches", "Old Jokes and Old Stories", "Budget", "The Auction", "April Fool", "The Health Farm", "Movies", "The Fuller Brush Show", "Vacation from Marriage", "April Fool Joke"). This is such a great radio show, they should do everything possible to release all of it.

Pablo, I think several of these are surviving episodes just incorrect titles. I'm not sure if the "actual" MPH episode titles are all known or just a lot of presumption judging by the plots. I know in the past I've bought an MP3 disc of MPH episodes on ebay and ended up with many duplicate episodes on that same disc only under different titles this and that old-time radio collector had apparently assigned to them.

I have downloaded all the epsiodes that were available from archive.org and a couple of other sites also in the hopes of adding some mislabelled titles to my collection. Archive.org has many duplicates in it's individual sets. Thanks for the suggestions though. Much appreciated. I only recently managed to get a copy of the Health Farm episode where Iris and Liz go away to lose weight and get put through the ringer. Not the greatest quality but nice to have still.

I have downloaded all the epsiodes that were available from archive.org and a couple of other sites also in the hopes of adding some mislabelled titles to my collection. Archive.org has many duplicates in it's individual sets. Thanks for the suggestions though. Much appreciated. I only recently managed to get a copy of the Health Farm episode where Iris and Liz go away to lose weight and get put through the ringer. Not the greatest quality but nice to have still.

I've extracted all 30 episodes that appeared on the I Love Lucy DVDs because they're the best quality for those episodes available. I had the file uploaded at one point but the link has expired. I can upload it again if you'd like it.

Health Farm episode. Is that the one where they try to fit into an Easter Dress? Or is this a different one. If so I don't have it! Let me know. The Easter episode was on the DVD so I have a good quality copy of it.

The DVD also had one episode I've never seen for download anywhere: Giveaway Program. Inspired the first "Lucy Wants New Furniture" episode of ILL.

It is a different one - they go away to a Fat Farm and are put on an exercisse regime. Liz doesn't think george loves her because she is overweight. They say they are staying at someone's cabin for the week.

Copies of the audio from the DVD's would be great. You can PM the link if you wwant to.

It is a different one - they go away to a Fat Farm and are put on an exercisse regime. Liz doesn't think george loves her because she is overweight. They say they are staying at someone's cabin for the week.

Copies of the audio from the DVD's would be great. You can PM the link if you wwant to.

Okay. And could you send me that Fat Farm one? I've never heard it before!! I'd be very appreciative, thank you.

Okay. And could you send me that Fat Farm one? I've never heard it before!! I'd be very appreciative, thank you.

I'm actually in the process of updating my complete collection. I'm ripping the Radio Spirits tapes right now to replace some of the lower quality ones out there. I'll post a link to the whole thing soon.

What I wouldn't give for the complete series on DVD! CBS must have it in their archives, those high-quality episodes on the ILL DVDs came from somewhere.

They were probably part of Jess Oppenheimer's personal collection and since Jr. (Gregg) produced those DVD sets well, ipso facto, bada boom, bada bing I bet that's how they ended up on them -- especially since there was a plug for his book on every one of them! lucythrill.JPG

Both CBS and Gregg Oppenheimer have the series in their archives but sadly episodes are missing and some of the episodes they do have don't have the original J-ello ads

I believe you can find anything you want on the following site:

LUCYLibrary.com

It gives ALL information, sponsors, guests, including, as well, the I Love Lucy shows which are 'fashioned' from the MFH episodes - try it; you will like it.

If you mean videos of same, I have no ideas; but, I've gotten a vast storage of information from this site....

Let me know if it helps....Fondly, JK

• 5 months later...

Wonder if CBS will ever do a release of this radio show in its entirety (or everything that's extant). Couldn't cost very much. Probably just a DVD or two. Definitely should fit on one blu-ray dics. Now, if they animate all the episodes, that's different, but just the audio would be great, in the same quality as on the current ILL DVDs.

• 5 months later...

I was poking around the iTunes store the other day and discovered that there's several MFH "collections" available on there, although some of them don't list what actual episode titles are included on some of them.

Has anyone checked any of these "collections" out?? Thoughts? Recommendations?? Warnings??! ;)

:fabrary:

I'll have to look back. I did once check them ask and put them together but the CDs corrupted. I made a list of ask the episodes I found filtering out the duplicated and mislabelled ones and from memory its about 110 ish and I think they're are a few more out there I haven't found. Also several off the surviving episodes don't have the original Lucy jello jingles. I've been told by those in three know that the infamous spider creation jingle is missing to

I believe you can find anything you want on the following site:

LUCYLibrary.com

It gives ALL information, sponsors, guests, including, as well, the I Love Lucy shows which are 'fashioned' from the MFH episodes - try it; you will like it.

If you mean videos of same, I have no ideas; but, I've gotten a vast storage of information from this site....

Let me know if it helps....Fondly, JK

If ANY of you have been on the above-mentioned site, I'm positive there is a 'click-on' to listen to the episode; have a look.

Fondly, JK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived