Lucy Clippings: The 1950s

Brock

Do an ad, get free furniture.

j1.jpeg

j2.jpeg

j3.jpeg

WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO HAVE THESE PHOTOS REPRODUCED AND SENT TO ME; PLEASE VISIT ME ON PRIVATE MESSAGE AND WE CAN DISCUSS.  MEANTIME, THE '5 BROTHERS' COCKSHOTT (THE FIVE WERE 'CAREER' EMPLOYEES OF JAMESTOWN ROYAL BEFORE AND AFTER MILITARY SERVICE - WWII AND KOREA -, ONE OF WHOM I MET WITHIN THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF [GREW UP WITH MY LATE HUSBAND], AND WHO IS AN EVERY DAY LAKEWOOD AMERICAN LEGION MEMBER WHERE I VOLUNTEER MY TIME FOR 40 YEARS GAVE ME A COPY OF AN ARTICLE [9/12/87]:

The brothers Cockshott were on the crew making the below-mentioned furniture for Lucille and Desi!!!  I've met 3 of them; the other two have passed on to the other side of life.  JK

9/12/87: 

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY – The Jamestown Royal Furniture Company factory was built 'to order' in 1913 - 'There's A Feeling Of Satisfaction When You Get Done' - [Res. Five Cockshott brothers: Bruce, Edward, Ernest, Everett, and Richard, worked in the factory; two of whom, Edward and Bruce, submitted this article to me, 5/1/13; see articles 6/6/54; 4/12/55; and 5/2/2013, as well] - “The Company was started by a group of upholsterers as early as the 1890's; bought outright, in 1913, by Frederick Nelson; who, in the 1920's, took on partners, brothers, Earl and Carl Hultquist. The three owned and operated Jamestown Royal until 1962; when purchased by the Leslie Johnson family, who owned it until 1986, when yet another Johnson, the son, purchased it from Ruth, his mother. Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball made their home look swell with furnishings from Jamestown Royal, including a photo of the couple of their living room surrounded by furniture made in Jamestown and shipped to them in California in the 1950's,” published this date in 1987.

"5/2/2013 -  

The Lucy Lounge Website - (Research:) See: June 6, 1954, April 12, 1955, and September 12, 1987, articles, this chronology, regarding the Arnazes furnishing their new ranch home - TV Stage: (6/6/54) How Lucy and Desi Live (New Ranch): The Post Journal, Jamestown NY (9/12/87) The Jamestown Royal Furniture Company factory was built 'to order' in 1913 -[Res. Five Cockshott brothers: Bruce, Edward, Ernest, Everett, and Richard, worked in the factory; two of whom, Edward and Bruce, submitted this article to me, 5/1/13] - (research:  obviously, the site of the livingroom area, revealing Jamestown Royal furniture ordered from Jamestown NY, pictured and mentioned in The Post-Journal article of 9/12/87, posted this date in 2013."

6/6/54 -  

TV Stage: How Lucy and Desi Live (New Ranch): “TV’s most popular couple find living is easy in Palm Springs, just having finished building a new ranch house, the Thunderbird, 4400 square feet, 6 bedrooms, air conditioning, swimming pool and a lanai (veranda), furnished in contemporary style (research:  obviously, the site of the livingroom area, revealing Jamestown Royal furniture ordered from Jamestown NY, mentioned in The Post-Journal article of 9/12/87, and this chronology, May 2, 2013; see also 4/12/55),” published this date in 1954.

4/12/55 - The Post-Journal: Lucille Ball Buys Furniture From Jamestown - Desilu Production Chief Visits Jamestown – “H. E. Hamilton, vice president of Desilu, Inc., the company under which Jamestown’s Lucille Ball and her husband, Desi Arnaz, operate, confers with Earle O. Hultquist, president of Jamestown Royal Upholstery and Aldor M. Nord, president of Union-National, Inc., about furniture pieces purchased from the two local firms by the red-tressed TV star for the couple’s new home in Beverly Hills, California,” [research: see articles, 6/6/54, 9/12/87 and 5/2/2013, for further information], published this date in 1955.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...