Lucy Clippings: The 1950s

Brock

• 1 month later...

My clues - for instance:  LIFE photographer, Bud Graybill - Chevalier episode, 1958; Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sunday in 1958 (my perennial calendar) is either February or March, each with a 4-day week-end that fits  So, I'm gonna assume that's the one, unless someone can tell me how to get into City of Hope Telethon, with Cornell Wilde (Sun. that year); and the Community Chest Drive in Long Beach, (Sat. that year); then, we can definitely narrow down dates - so, I'll 'fudge' it....

There is quite a difference between a "CHARACTER", which Jessica Fletcher was and the beeatch from hell who played her, LOL!  And ALL I have against aunt sheilah lantz buried is her negative comments on Lucy over the years just because LUCY was a bigger name to play Mame and the studio and producers preferred a big name movie and tv star to a broadway star.  As a matter of fact, I always thought that Lucy should have played a Jessica Fletcher type character and solved crimes, it finally would have given her someone else besides Lucy to play later in life.  The British lady who did Keep Up Appearances did that, she solved crimes in a later series and it would have given Lucy a chance to play with a lot of guest stars but in a different setting.  When I saw all the Lucy connected people who appeared on murder she wrote, I kept thinking, hey, Lucy would have acted with them instead of aunt sheilah.

rickee:  Thanks, guy; knew 'someone' would come up with something close; how about the reference to Chevalier? within the article; that seemed a standout (year); but, I sure appreciate it, and will credit you with same - Do you have knowledge of the Cornell Wilde City of Hope Telethon mentioned (when) and what about the Arnazes appearance at the Long Beach Community Chest (date?)luncheon? 

Thank if you can 'cull' those dates out for me or give me a reference site where I can investigate same.  What about the Friars' Roasts and a listing of all their dates?  Can you give me a clue where to look for them?  Loving you, JK

rickee:  Thanks, guy; knew 'someone' would come up with something close; how about the reference to Chevalier? within the article; that seemed a standout (year); but, I sure appreciate it, and will credit you with same - Do you have knowledge of the Cornell Wilde City of Hope Telethon mentioned (when) and what about the Arnazes appearance at the Long Beach Community Chest (date?)luncheon? 

Thank if you can 'cull' those dates out for me or give me a reference site where I can investigate same.  What about the Friars' Roasts and a listing of all their dates?  Can you give me a clue where to look for them?  Loving you, JK

All I can tell you is the reference to Chevalier is NOT from the LDCH/Lucy Goes to Mexico from 10/6/58....it is referencing when they all imitated him from the 11/16/53 ILL episode, The French Review when they all meet in the living room singing "Louise."