Lucy Clippings: The 1950s

Brock

rickee:  Thanks, guy; knew 'someone' would come up with something close; how about the reference to Chevalier? within the article; that seemed a standout (year); but, I sure appreciate it, and will credit you with same - Do you have knowledge of the Cornell Wilde City of Hope Telethon mentioned (when) and what about the Arnazes appearance at the Long Beach Community Chest (date?)luncheon? 

Thank if you can 'cull' those dates out for me or give me a reference site where I can investigate same.  What about the Friars' Roasts and a listing of all their dates?  Can you give me a clue where to look for them?  Loving you, JK

The magazine is TeleVision Life, MAY 1954 with the headline on the cover: 4 HECTIC DAYS WITH DESI AND LUCY. Inside pages 32-35.

Just found this morning, whilst sending an IM to a birthday person, this Lounge, a reference - Ciy of Hope Telethon, October 27, 1953, which Lucille took part in; so, that solves some of it.  You've explained the Chevalier 'mention'; now to find the Long Beach Community Luncheon; could it be the same weekend, as the photo spread suggests?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Meg Myles?

born 1934; actress, 21 titles; model mens' magazine, etc., singer; three Soaps:  Guiding Light, Search For Tomorrow; All My Children; stage work; films, too; nothing Desilu connected I can find; must have been wife of a guest; possibly an Arnaz friend or neighbor.

born 1934; actress, 21 titles; model mens' magazine, etc., singer; three Soaps:  Guiding Light, Search For Tomorrow; All My Children; stage work; films, too; nothing Desilu connected I can find; must have been wife of a guest; possibly an Arnaz friend or neighbor.

Thank you Lucy Lounge's own little Google.  LOL!