QUESTIONS FOR THE EXPERTS

Sorry, looked everywhere and can't find this original thread so I'm giving up and starting anew.  DID WE EVER FIND OUT WHY THE COPYRIGHT WAS LOST ON THOSE LUCY SHOW EPISODES THAT ENDED UP SOLD TO US OVER AND OVER AS THEY WERE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN?  WHO WAS ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL?

I'd like to know how two first season episodes managed to fall through the cracks when the majority of pd episodes came from the fifth and sixth seasons. I think someone at Paramount must have made a huge mistake since episodes of Andy Griffith, Beverly Hillbillies, etc fell into public domain as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this goes through as the thread looks very odd "INDEED", as Lucy would say.  Ok, new question, was it Lucy that started that, YOU DO MY SHOW AND I'LL DO YOURS and neither of us has to have to pay a huge cost?  And was there ever any talk of Lucy doing The Lawrence Welk show after he guested on hers?  Seems like a fave of hers and she'd enjoy guesting on his. 

Thank you so much.  Now I have a couple of LUCY related ones I am looking forward to hearing your replies to here.  I thought it was merely the Emmys, fearing even more of a loss of their already small audience did not want to compete with the MTV music awards.  Then, I noticed the True Blood finale was also on that night.  Whatever happened to the Emmys competing with reruns as it's the night celebrating the industry?

Ok, here's another question . . . did they move the Emmy awards to next Monday because the MTV Music awards are on Sunday?  Usually the Emmys are always on Sunday, right?

I wondered about that too and frankly am a bit annoyed this huge event is now on a "school night" instead of Sunday night as usual!! Love Seth Meyers though so can't wait to see how he does as host! :lucyhmm:

He can't do worse than the year they had those reality show hosts, LOL!  I say move all major award shows to Saturday night, that way, we can see the show till the end and not worry about working the next day, the Oscars I think have never been seen at the end, well, recorded or off the net or replayed the next day maybe, but that's it.  There was a funny Seth story going around that Donald asswipe trump was so pissed at Seth's great jokes at his expense at that Correspondent's dinner that whoever hosts it now, donnie attacks Seth again for doing a lousy job.  He should take that HATE time and devote it to finding a better toupee instead, wonder what that dead animal on his head is anyway?

Archived