Dawn Wells Publishes Autobiography; New book on 50s-70s TV Gals

Lucyilove

Two new books have been published by Rowman & Littlefield (who published two books on Elizabeth Montgomery in the last few years),  Gilligan's Island star Dawn Wells' autobiography/memoir WHAT WOULD MARY ANN DO detailing her life and career and GLAMOUR, GIDGETS, AND THE GIRL NEXT DOOR by Herbie J. Pilato a book about female tv stars of the 1950's through 1970's.  Pilato's book (which I haven't yet seen) covers dozens of women from Charlie's Angels to the Lennon Sisters, plus Mary Tyler Moore, Donna Douglas, Barbara Eden, Loni Anderson, Gale Storm, Lindsay Wagner, Melissa Gilbert,  etc. and possibly Lucy (and Vivian?) although it appears to be mostly the ingenue and sex symbol types of stars from the reviews that I've read.   They are both now available at Amazon.com, other websites, and book stores. 

Two new books have been published by Rowman & Littlefield (who published two books on Elizabeth Montgomery in the last few years),  Gilligan's Island star Dawn Wells' autobiography/memoir WHAT WOULD MARY ANN DO detailing her life and career and GLAMOUR, GIDGETS, AND THE GIRL NEXT DOOR by Herbie J. Pilato a book about female tv stars of the 1950's through 1970's.  Pilato's book (which I haven't yet seen) covers dozens of women from Charlie's Angels to the Lennon Sisters, plus Mary Tyler Moore, Donna Douglas, Barbara Eden, Loni Anderson, Gale Storm, Lindsay Wagner, Melissa Gilbert,  etc. and possibly Lucy (and Vivian?) although it appears to be mostly the ingenue and sex symbol types of stars from the reviews that I've read.   They are both now available at Amazon.com, other websites, and book stores. 

Herbie was hawking his books, including this "Glamour" one at the very recent Bewitched Convention in LA last month.  I passed as it looked like little more than a rehash of similiar, bigger and better bios on the same folks he covered. :D

Archived