Autrograph Annie and Celebrity Neil

Neil

.....Diamond, that is.

Are there any names in common between the lists in "Autograph Annie/Celebrity Lou" and the Neil Diamond song: I don't know the name of it but it starts out "Jesus Christ, Fanny Brice, Wolfy Mozart, Humphrey Bogart...."?

I'm thinking there's at least one, but not sure.....

I thought Alexander King was in both but now not sure he's in "AA and CL".   There are celebrities mentioned in AA/CL that I only know from the song:  e.g. Toby Wing, Vera Rhuba Ralston.   I had a friend whose father was in the military and for a time was stationed at the same base the husband of Helen Twelvetrees was, and actually met Helen.  Helen had retired from show biz by that time (not even sure what she did) and I think she killed herself shortly after this meeting. ..... no connection...

.....Diamond, that is.

Are there any names in common between the lists in "Autograph Annie/Celebrity Lou" and the Neil Diamond song: I don't know the name of it but it starts out "Jesus Christ, Fanny Brice, Wolfy Mozart, Humphrey Bogart...."?

I'm thinking there's at least one, but not sure.....

How about the name song from BELLS ARE RINGING?  The AA/CL song seemed to me to be inspired by that one and I would imagine there are several names in both as both are mainly concerned with actors and actresses. 

I thought Alexander King was in both but now not sure he's in "AA and CL".   There are celebrities mentioned in AA/CL that I only know from the song:  e.g. Toby Wing, Vera Rhuba Ralston.   I had a friend whose father was in the military and for a time was stationed at the same base the husband of Helen Twelvetrees was, and actually met Helen.  Helen had retired from show biz by that time (not even sure what she did) and I think she killed herself shortly after this meeting. ..... no connection...

Love Toby Wing, she was an adorable if mildly talented blonde best known for her bits in 1930s in musical numbers like 42nd Street  because of her looks, kind of Barbara Pepperesque, led to her starring in a few B's and playing small parts in other films.  I wrote her back in the 1980's and had her sign a glossy still. 

Archived