Loving Lucy 97' Convention

I’m currently working on a project to scan a lot of my Loving Lucy Convention and Jamestown Festival information that dates back to 1996.  As I get stuff scanned I’ll be posting them so you can see what wonderful events took place over the years.  To start us off, Loving Lucy 1997.

This was my first convention I attended and the second year for the Loving Lucy Convention.  Below is the festival brochure showing the events and a write-up about them.  As with all the brochures I’ll be posting there are pages that I didn’t scan, sticking to the most fact filled ones.

ll97con1.jpg

ll97con2.jpg

Opening Night was held at the Television Academy where many rare Lucy TV appearances were screened.   

ll97on1.jpg

ll97on2.jpg

I’m currently working on a project to scan a lot of my Loving Lucy Convention and Jamestown Festival information that dates back to 1996.  As I get stuff scanned I’ll be posting them so you can see what wonderful events took place over the years.  To start us off, Loving Lucy 1997.

This was my first convention I attended and the second year for the Loving Lucy Convention.  Below is the festival brochure showing the events and a write-up about them.  As with all the brochures I’ll be posting there are pages that I didn’t scan, sticking to the most fact filled ones.

ll97con1.jpg

ll97con2.jpg

Opening Night was held at the Television Academy where many rare Lucy TV appearances were screened.   

ll97on1.jpg

ll97on2.jpg

God Bless you, Shell:  This is something I have had nearly NO access to; and something that obviously should be included in the chronology......credits to you, OF COURSE!!!!     Loving you,JK

God Bless you, Shell:  This is something I have had nearly NO access to; and something that obviously should be included in the chronology......credits to you, OF COURSE!!!!     Loving you,JK

Thanks a million, Luvs! It's AMAZING to see this again -- this was my first convention attended too! -- and seeing this roster brings back soooooo many WUNDAFUL memories!!! Sadly though it just reminds one of all the amazing Lucy-related folks -- friends, colleagues and showbiz alike -- whom we've lost since then and how lucky we were to have that time with them and attend these great events and the incredible experience that it/they was/were! :peachonthebeach:

I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane too.  I don't have any really good photos from 97' that I felt worthy of scanning other than this one.  I have a lot of video though.  

Gregg had some memorabilia on display from his father during the 97’ convention.  I liked this note from Bill to Jess for his birthday.  Also shown is the program from the production of Voice of the Turtle Viv was doing at the time she got the ILL offer.

97jess.jpg

Archived