Loving Lucy 1999

The Saturday night banquet was set aboard The USS Constitution.   That is Tab Hunter next to Lucy in the curtain call.  He reprized his Joe Hardy role and Lucy was Lola.  One of my favorite parts was Billy Henche and Keith T. were the "featured musical act"  on the ship.  They did 2 Dino, Desi, and Billy songs.  I don't have pictures of it but I do have it on video.  It was great.

ll99show.jpg

ll99show2.jpg

Much of the memorabilia for the 1999 convention auction was offered by different people from their personal collections. 

Two types of offerings had all proceeds going to benefit the Orthopedic Children’s Hospital in LA, one of Lucy’s favorite charities.  One set was the photos of Lucy at the hospital in the mid 80s.  The others were remembrances/influences of Lucy by those she knew and worked with.  The 2 here are from Bob and Madelyn and Lucie (who was a surprise guest that weekend).  Bob and Madelyn’s and Bob Hope’s both went for the most, $1500.

ll99auction.jpg

These were concept sketches for Lucy's NYC apartment.

ll99auction2.jpg

Much of the memorabilia for the 1999 convention auction was offered by different people from their personal collections. 

Two types of offerings had all proceeds going to benefit the Orthopedic Children’s Hospital in LA, one of Lucy’s favorite charities.  One set was the photos of Lucy at the hospital in the mid 80s.  The others were remembrances/influences of Lucy by those she knew and worked with.  The 2 here are from Bob and Madelyn and Lucie (who was a surprise guest that weekend).  Bob and Madelyn’s and Bob Hope’s both went for the most, $1500.

ll99auction.jpg

These were concept sketches for Lucy's NYC apartment.

ll99auction2.jpg

Oh is THAT what those sketches were, i was wondering.  Doesn't look like what i saw in Architectural Digest at all.  Thanks again for making me a copy of that convention highlights luv, saw Brock i think, maybe Laura, Tom, Wanda, Frank, Irma and others, was wondering who Glen Charlow slept with to get a small EXTRA type role in the production, how the hell did they get Tab Hunter to cameo?  Like i told you in the PM, Carole Cook was sensational, i knew all her stories but they were a riot nonetheless.   The BIGGEST surprise for me anyway was Lucie Arnaz, telling some great stories about her generous mom and comparing being THERE with her much needed therapy and especially as the entire panel is praising Lucy and Desi and Lucie points out that the Lucy imitators, Suzanne and the man who does Desi, sitting in the back row making it look like her parents are out there listening, moved me a lot.  Like i told you in the PM, Suzanne is incredible, even the lady doing Viv, but Desi, i dunno, he pales next to the other two.  Suzanne just always has such poor material, she is much better than the material she gets to perform, although here she was ding scenes from the show so already it was superior to what she normally does.  If she ever gets some great writer to present her with the material she deserves, she could be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nice seeing the Borden twins again, the only one that did not ring a bell was Eve Whitney.

Archived