Barbara Eden coming to Dallas

Few things to be excited about this week; waking up to beautiful snow and Barbara Eden coming to the Dallas Fan Expo (Comic-Con) at the end of May. They also have Burt Ward and Adam West on their lineup.Hopefully no one will cancel. Soooo excited!!!!

post-148-0-08718900-1425590745_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

This is an ancient subject but we got to meet Barbara Eden at the Comic con, get our picture taken and go to a Q&A where she did her line from I Love Lucy. I was the last person picked to ask her a question, she had been using the moderator to help her hear the questions but not with mine, I stood up and projected my voice straight to her, called her by her character name and asked her about the early years of her career so she brought up her story about Lucy bedazzling her dress to make sure she looked good and then said the line 'I pick you' ;I was in heaven!! Most people were asking about I Dream of Jeanie and got certain looks when I spoke up.lol She was very gracious and to think that I was very close to giving up.

This is an ancient subject but we got to meet Barbara Eden at the Comic con, get our picture taken and go to a Q&A where she did her line from I Love Lucy. I was the last person picked to ask her a question, she had been using the moderator to help her hear the questions but not with mine, I stood up and projected my voice straight to her, called her by her character name and asked her about the early years of her career so she brought up her story about Lucy bedazzling her dress to make sure she looked good and then said the line 'I pick you' ;I was in heaven!! Most people were asking about I Dream of Jeanie and got certain looks when I spoke up.lol She was very gracious and to think that I was very close to giving up.

That's fantastic, but yes!

• 1 year later...

It appears to have been deleted, but there was a great interview with Barbara on YouTube not long ago, conducted by some pop culture channel. In it, she discussed her Lucy appearance. Though she mainly told her usual stories about the sparkly dress and such, this interviewer did delve deeper than most. She was asked if she ever saw Lucy again, for instance. She replied that she did cross paths with Lucy many years later, sometime in the 70s or 80s. Lucy didn't seem to remember her, but was very appreciative of Barbara telling her of how much she enjoyed her guest appearance.

The topic of Ann Sothern also came up, though again, Barbara avoided referring to her by name at first (even though this interview was conducted after the publication of her book). Eventually she did let the name slip, grimacing in the process, but it was muted out, obviously at her request. The interviewer placated Barabra by reminding her that Ann wound up playing a car. Barbara got a huge laugh out of that, and made a crack about Ann having a large rear bumper! Barbara doesn't have a mean bone in her body, so Ann must've really gotten under her skin to still give her the shivers all these years later.

If I find it again, I'll share the link. Not sure why the channel was taken down, it all appeared to be original content.

Archived