New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

The books I look forward to is the one by Life and Michael Stern. I liked I LOved Lucy by Lee because I like books that deal with Lucy's later years. It seems a lot of books only cover before or especially during I Love Lucy but pass the rest of her life (29 years) like it was nothing.

That's certainly the case, however i fear little Mikey's book may be more about Michael than it will be about Lucy.

Robbie, thanks so much for telling us about this book & where to find it. The first B&N store I went to had none, the second one had over a dozen. As you said, the pictures are wonderful & many are rare. There are so many of her in her twenties that I've never seen before.

Thanks again for the heads up! :D:lucy1:

No problem!

Its exciting to see so many books will be coming out this summer/fall. The only one I'm not too anxious for is the book by Life. If its anything like the tribute books they've released before (ie. the Katharine Hepburn book), it'll be sparse text with pictures we've seen many, many time before.

Its exciting to see so many books will be coming out this summer/fall. The only one I'm not too anxious for is the book by Life. If its anything like the tribute books they've released before (ie. the Katharine Hepburn book), it'll be sparse text with pictures we've seen many, many time before.

What would really be cool is if they compiled all the articles they wrote about Lucy (complete with photos as they appeared in the magazineine) into one handy volume!

What would really be cool is if they compiled all the articles they wrote about Lucy (complete with photos as they appeared in the magazineine) into one handy volume!

Speaking of LIFE, i've been thinking of trying to find my copy of the LOOK article on Lucy, one of the best i ever read on her, in many of her own words, her losing a bundle in the stock market and so on . . .

I would love that, but I wouldn't get too hopeful. If I remember correctly, the Kate book has maybe 2 or 3 pictures of her and Spencer, which seemed a tad silly considering. But lets keep our fingers crossed!

Speaking of LIFE, i've been thinking of trying to find my copy of the LOOK article on Lucy, one of the best i ever read on her, in many of her own words, her losing a bundle in the stock market and so on . . .

I love Lucy's autobiography because in her own words she spoke/wrote down what she thought was important for people to know about her. I love articles that come after the time period in that book because it is interesting to read Lucy's own words. I love the Ford Times article about her trip to New England; but I do not have the Look magazine you mentioned. Which one is it?

I love Lucy's autobiography because in her own words she spoke/wrote down what she thought was important for people to know about her. I love articles that come after the time period in that book because it is interesting to read Lucy's own words. I love the Ford Times article about her trip to New England; but I do not have the Look magazine you mentioned. Which one is it?

I forget if it's from the mid seventies, she's on the cover looking like she's going nuts getting tuned out of a tv or something like that, just a great and quite lenghty article.

Anyone pick up Lucille Ball Treasures. Seems to be only at Barnes and Noble. You can find it online or in the Bargin section in the store. It's similar to the scrapbooks in that it has reproductions of memorablia but not laid out the same.

I picked it up over lunch but didn't get a change to read it yet.

found here

WOW! I can't wait to order that book, it looks AMAZING! And its by the author of Lucy at the Movies, so I'm sure we're in for a treat!

:marionstrong:

The bottom of the LOOK article states, LOOK, 9-7-71.

Oh wait, did you want me to find you a "DATE" for a local event that you want to attend? I think it would be hard to find someone as attractive as you, but i'll check.

YEH: RIGHT!!!! :marionstrong:

Thanks for the Look article DATE, though.... :marionstrong:

Love, JK

• Like 1

Anyone pick up Lucille Ball Treasures. Seems to be only at Barnes and Noble. You can find it online or in the Bargin section in the store. It's similar to the scrapbooks in that it has reproductions of memorablia but not laid out the same.

I picked it up over lunch but didn't get a change to read it yet.

found here

I just spotted this today and am so excited! There's such a thrill to be browsing in an actual bookstore and find one you didn't know about. Beats the internet any day.

Oh I know! I was just "reporting" that it wasn't "exclusive" to B&N! I'm hoping to SEE it if/when I walk into my local Barnes & "that's what I get for being nobble"! ;)

If you look at the Amazon listing. Amazon isn't selling the book, it's from one of it's marketplace dealers; so I think the book is probably a B&N exclusive and the marketplace seller is hoping to take advantage of someone who doesn't use B&N (same thing happened with B&N's Madonna book).

LuvsBway, thanks so much for mentioning the book, "Lucille Ball Treasures" by Cindy De La Haz & where to find it! I stopped in B&N just to look for this & found it in the bargain section as you said. It is one I think all Lucy fans would love, & I haven't even read it yet! Lots of print, pictures, & scrapbook pieces in envelopes. Very nicely done. It was $24.98 -- not a bargain price, in my opinion -- but I think worth the price, so I won't quibble about it being placed in the bargain section :lucythrill:

Chapters:

The Girl from Jamestown

Kid Millions

The Queen B - and her King

Best Foot Forward

The Birth of Lucy

Everybody Loves Lucy

Desilu Rising

Solo in the Spotlight

Twilight of a Star

Dedications, Acknowledgments & About the Author

Image Credits

Imagine my surprise (& delight B) ) to find a second Lucy book right next to that one! It is called, "Lucy: A Life in Pictures" by Tim Frew. Rather slim at 96 pages, & only a handful of color photos, but more appropriately priced at $6.98. Most of the print refers to the pictures, & there are only 4 chapters (Lucy Behind the Scenes, Lucy in the Movies, I Love Lucy, The Later Years).

I really love how we all let each other know about Lucy books & products we find! :D