Can Someone 'Splain Bette Davis's Will?

I assume this is the correct place to ask this question.  Bette was supposedly an acting school classmate of Lucy's, and Lucy's almost guest star on the second Lucy-Desi special (replaced by Tallulah Bankhead), and later on had designs on Bea Arthur's role in the movie version of Mame (to which Lucy said absolutely no).  Anyway, I'm curious about this article from 1989 about Davis's will (link below).  It states that Bette Davis specifically excluded her daughter, Margo Merrill, from the will, as well as daughter B.D. Hyman and B.D.'s two sons.  I understand the B.D. exclusion, and by extension, why B.D.'s sons were left out.  But I don't get why she would leave nothing to Margo, who was intellectually disabled (the new PC term).  If anyone needed funds, it was Margo.  But I do understand that Margo lives with Bette's son, Michael Merrill, who did receive half of Davis's inheritance.  Perhaps that was the deal, that she would give Michael half of her estate with the understanding that he would care for Margo?  Otherwise, it just seems so cruel.  Anyway, that's my first question.

My other question, the article says her estate was worth "nearly $1- million."  That figure stunned me.  Okay, it was 1989.  In today's dollars, that's about $2 million.  But still, $2 million 2015 dollars?  That was Bette Davis's total net worth?  How can that be?  For a number of years, she reigned over Warner Studios as its top star.  Her career lasted longer than almost anyone ever.  She was still appearing on television and in films, almost up to the time of her death.  So what were they paying her for all that work?  Or where did all her money go?  I can't believe that in that long career, all she had in the end was a total net worth of $2 million.  You know who has a $2 million net worth?  Maureen McCormick.  Yes, Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!  How can the legendary Bette Davis have ended up with the same net worth as Marcia Brady?  By stark contrast, the Bette Davis of today -- Meryl Streep -- is worth an estimated $65 million.

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-07/news/mn-913_1_bette-davis-estate

I don't know much about this, but I think Bette always had financial problems mostly because she supported her mother, her sister, B.D., and B.D.'s husband in lavish lifestyles. Bette was to get $250,000 for five weeks week on her final picture, Wicked Stepmother, but quit after the first week and only got $50,000. Gary Merrill (father of Michael and Margot) died a few months after Bette and he left a trust for Margot that was managed by Michael.

Bette's will led to this SNL sketch:

https://screen.yahoo.com/jon-lovitz-snl-skits/video-000000540.html

• Like 1

I don't know much about this, but I think Bette always had financial problems mostly because she supported her mother, her sister, B.D., and B.D.'s husband in lavish lifestyles. Bette was to get $250,000 for five weeks week on her final picture, Wicked Stepmother, but quit after the first week and only got $50,000. Gary Merrill (father of Michael and Margot) died a few months after Bette and he left a trust for Margot that was managed by Michael.

Bette's will led to this SNL sketch:

https://screen.yahoo.com/jon-lovitz-snl-skits/video-000000540.html

I should have known you would have some answers.  :)  That helps fill in some blanks.  Thanks.  I wonder if Ms. Davis had knowledge of what Gary Merrill planned to leave Margot?  As for the SNL sketch, I had forgotten about it.  That's a classic.  :)  RIP Jan Hooks.