LucyFest 2016

Lou Ann has had to pull out of this year's Festival and has been replaced by the Mayer Twins.

I hope she's okay!

Oh man, and I was really looking forward to seeing her. This sucks. I hope she's ok too!

And the Mayers...really? I'm sure they're nice guys but what can they remember about the show? They were babies.

Joe's show is fine for those who don't know a lot about the show. He does have some nice stories that his mom told him over the years to talk about that I hadn't heard before. But when I went to "see" his show when he was living in my area I ended up "being" part of the show as his Lucy Desi knowledge was not that good so I opened my encyclopedia brain and answered the questions he couldn't. He was very appreciative and gave me a heads up he would defer to me on some stuff if that was ok.

He does love to sign autographs not because he wants anything to do with fame but he genuinely loves the joy the show brings to people and the real life connection people get to take home as a souvenir. If spending some time learning about the show brings back good memories then he's happy to do that.

• Like 1

Joe's show is fine for those who don't know a lot about the show. He does have some nice stories that his mom told him over the years to talk about that I hadn't heard before. But when I went to "see" his show when he was living in my area I ended up "being" part of the show as his Lucy Desi knowledge was not that good so I opened my encyclopedia brain and answered the questions he couldn't. He was very appreciative and gave me a heads up he would defer to me on some stuff if that was ok.

He does love to sign autographs not because he wants anything to do with fame but he genuinely loves the joy the show brings to people and the real life connection people get to take home as a souvenir. If spending some time learning about the show brings back good memories then he's happy to do that.

Well I guess that's something then. It would've been cool if Keith could've come.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding Headliner, LucyFest 2016:

The Sunday Post-Journal, Jamestown, NY, Return Engagement, Lewis Black Shares Peek Inside Upcoming Performance, Thoughts on RNC, by Katrina Fuller, “Black says this isn't his 1st visit to area; has performed at Festival in previous years; says he was here at the very beginning; the Reg was always a beautiful place to play. Black really enjoys performing smaller towns as they often have beautiful, historic theaters; is excited to see how the area has changed over the years. For this performance, 8/4, he will be focusing on the past year;" published, 2016.

Can't wait to see Lewis Black this week. Love his rants on politics.

I think he's hysterical especially once he gets going on one of his rants.....but I was under the impression Jamestown and environs was a pretty conservative area....how is Black going to play to said crowd?? Seems like he'd do "better" in a bigger town/city where more like-minded individuals reside.....or am I totally off base here?? :peachonthebeach:

I saw Black in 96' at Lucyfest and I remember the theatre being pretty full. I don't remember much of his act and at 17 didn't know who he was. Most people there seemed to be having a good time except my mother who made us leave early since she wasn't feeling well.

• Like 1

I think he's hysterical especially once he gets going on one of his rants.....but I was under the impression Jamestown and environs was a pretty conservative area....how is Black going to play to said crowd?? Seems like he'd do "better" in a bigger town/city where more like-minded individuals reside.....or am I totally off base here?? :peachonthebeach:

Jamestown [those who had the stomach to attend; pay the big bucks] LOVED Joan Rivers; Joy Behar; SO.......  what's your point?

We're not REALLY as old-fashioned as you have heard....

:fabrary:

Jamestown [those who had the stomach to attend; pay the big bucks] LOVED Joan Rivers; Joy Behar; SO.......  what's your point?

We're not REALLY as old-fashioned as you have heard....

:fabrary:

Nothing, I just didn't think he'd go over too well in your lovely berg -- which reminded me alot of my own small hometown -- so I apologize there was no insult or whatever intended just I dunno.... I'll slink back to my corner now. :blink:

Hopefully, people who may not know who he is or are not familiar with his act will do some homework so they are not shocked by what they may hear. I never understood why people were so shocked by Joan Rivers. Didn't they know who she was or what her act was like? Amazing to me.

Hopefully, people who may not know who he is or are not familiar with his act will do some homework so they are not shocked by what they may hear. I never understood why people were so shocked by Joan Rivers. Didn't they know who she was or what her act was like? Amazing to me.

Exactly! Well said. ;)

Well someone wrote into the Journal to bitch about Joan and how she wasn't family friendly or some crap like that.

well, we have THOSE in every hometown;  like, for instance, the Celoron GOSSIPS - hated them growing up [only one left, fortunately]; they spoke poorly of everyone who didn't have their 'values' - VALUES????  Isn't that a PERSON, PRIVATE thing among EVERY earth citizen?  In any event, EVERYPLACE has 'em; Celoron had it's share; Jamestown, too.  Most of us, fortunately, believe in TO EACH HIS OWN! 

Back to BLACK; those who admire that type of presentation will LOVE him; and welcome his return to Jamestown; those who don't can stay the hell away!!!!  :fabrary:

Nothing, I just didn't think he'd go over too well in your lovely berg -- which reminded me alot of my own small hometown -- so I apologize there was no insult or whatever intended just I dunno.... I'll slink back to my corner now. :blink:

OH< STOP, for cryin' out loud!!!! :HALKING:

FOR THOSE OF YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE PATH INTO AND OUT OF LUCILLE BALL MEMORIAL PARK, at Celoron, and re-entry, via Jones-Gifford, along the Lake outlet, back into Jamestown [what we local yokels call the low road], during LucyFest this year, a Boat Race will occur at Upgraded McCrea Point Park, at the BOATLANDING, intersection, Fairmount & 8th Street/Jones & Gifford, AUGUST 4-6, CALLED CHAUTAUQUA LAKE DRAGON BOAT RACE & FESTIVAL.

OF COURSE, MY REASONING SELFISH; BUT, FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN LUCILLE'S CHILDHOOD STOMPING GROUNDS, YOU CAN SEE REAL IMPROVEMENT OF LAKEFRONT/PARK AND ALONG THE OUTLET OF THE LAKE; I BELIEVE YOU WILL BE GREATLY IMPRESSED.

THE FESTIVAL TAKES PLACE THURSDAY, 4-8 P.M., FOR THOSE OF YOU NOT ALREADY COMMITTED TO EVENTS IN JAMETOWN, AND NEED A LITTLE GET-AWAY TO SEE THE AREA. 

I hope to swing by. Dragon Boat racing is always fun to watch.

How is Saturday at 1 p.m. for our traditional Taco Hut margarita-fuelled reunion?

I don't have any firm plans for Thursday, so I hope to swing by for the boat racing too.  Sounds like fun!  :)

I'll be attending the Lucy & Ethel Brunch on Saturday at Noon, but I'll definitely not miss the reunion @ the Taco Hut.

I don't have any firm plans for Thursday, so I hope to swing by for the boat racing too.  Sounds like fun!  :)

I'll be attending the Lucy & Ethel Brunch on Saturday at Noon, but I'll definitely not miss the reunion @ the Taco Hut.

I BELIEVE THIS IS A NEW 'TRADITION' THEY ARE TRYING TO BRING TO CELORON; BE SURE AND HAVE A GANDER AT IMPROVEMENTS ON THE LAKEFRONT; AND i'LL BE SEEING YOU....  Love, JK :D

• Like 1

The Post-Journal, Jamestown, NY, Coming Clean, Brian Regan Discusses Comedy View, Upcoming Jamestown Performance, by Gavin Paterniti, “Attendees, Lucille Ball Comedy Festival invited to laugh, little things in life; renowned comedian, clean, self-effacing humor, performs, Jamestown Savings Bank Arena, 8:30 pm, Saturday, final/3 headlining spots; sharing bill 2 A-list comedians: Lewis Black, Trevor Noah, each, Reg Lenna Center, Arts, Thursday, Friday; Regan 1st Jamestown visit; [see below bio: 5/8; 9/25/2015; 7/29/2016]; 2016.

​***

5/8/15 Brian Regan, [Headliner, among others, 2016 LucyComedyFest, Jamestown NY; see 9/26/015; 8/6/016] guest, Late Night, David Letterman, his 28th, final appearance, most of any comic since CBS show began; 2015.

9/25/15 Brian Regan, [Headliner, among others, 2016 LucyComedyFest, Jamestown NY; see 5/8/2015; 8/6/016] makes history, Live Broadcast from Radio City Music Hall the first live stand-up act Comedy Central history; 2015.

7/29/16 Center e-mail: Brian Regan, one of Headliners, 8/6/2016 LucyComedyFest. Setting comedic standard of excellence, appears Jamestown Savings Bank Arena, 8:30 pm 8/6/2016; made history made history, Live Broadcast from Radio City Music Hall the first live stand-up act Comedy Central history; 9/25/2015; was guest, Late Night, David Letterman, his 28th, final appearance, most of any comic since CBS show began; 5/8/2015; 2016.