Doris Roberts has died at 90

Brock

I'm going to watch her Soap arc as Flo Flotsky tonight in her honour. :(

Aww great idea, I don't remember that at all!  I don't have any "Soap" on DVD so do you know what season it's from and whether it's on Crackle or Netflix??

If not....there's always the timeless (!) "Grandma's Boy" featuring not only Miss Roberts but Busty Ingels!! :blink:

Thanks for the inspiration! :HALKING:

Aww great idea, I don't remember that at all!  I don't have any "Soap" on DVD so do you know what season it's from and whether it's on Crackle or Netflix??

If not....there's always the timeless (!) "Grandma's Boy" featuring not only Miss Roberts but Busty Ingels!! :blink:

Thanks for the inspiration! :HALKING:

Not sure if its online, but her arc was the first five episodes of Season 2 as the mother of the fallen priest. Hilarious.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

VEI will be releasing Angie, a Garry Marshall sitcom from the late 70s co-starring Doris. 

Is anybody familiar with the show? I looked it up and I feel like I've seen the intro before (Doris even does Lucy Barker's ironing board bit from Love Among The Two-By-Fours). The show did very well in its first season, airing between Mork & Mindy and Barney Miller. The next year it aired between Happy Days and Three's Company without any competition, which you'd think would be a winner, but it inexplicably tanked. I'm kinda intrigued about this. Particularly the cast. I don't want to make a nasty generalization, but it is a Garry Marshall Production from 1978, which is not usually a good sign. 

No official release date has been announced. This is VEI after all- they couldn't take any longer to put out DVDs if all their employees were Duane Toddleberry.

Angie_Complete.jpg

• Like 1