Ethel's Hometown, Shortnin Bread/My Hero

The best part of that episode is Ethel singing. Fred with the tree that keeps getting larger and larger, Ricky's magic act, (lol his face when he pulls his sock out of the hat) and of course, Ethel going from a lovely soprano voice to a loud off key screech at the end. "MY, HEEEEEE-ROOOOOOOOOO!" I wish I knew how they were playing tug of war with each other. Was somebody back stage pulling the rope and then they made a quick switch-a-roo? How many of you love it? 

I am in a play in May that is called Arms and the Man. This play is about a soldier in Bulgeria that comes bearing chocolate creams--which is what the Chocolate Soldier Operetta was spun off from. I am Nicola the man servant. lol. 

I think it you start ad-lib singing "My Hero"upon your entrance, the orchestra (and perhaps "the entire cast") will join in. 

I love this episode from start to finish.  And yes, I love that after she discovers the upstaging, her singing turns into a screech. 

The best part of that episode is Ethel singing. Fred with the tree that keeps getting larger and larger, Ricky's magic act, (lol his face when he pulls his sock out of the hat) and of course, Ethel going from a lovely soprano voice to a loud off key screech at the end. "MY, HEEEEEE-ROOOOOOOOOO!" I wish I knew how they were playing tug of war with each other. Was somebody back stage pulling the rope and then they made a quick switch-a-roo? How many of you love it? 

I am in a play in May that is called Arms and the Man. This play is about a soldier in Bulgeria that comes bearing chocolate creams--which is what the Chocolate Soldier Operetta was spun off from. I am Nicola the man servant. lol. 

I think Viv cracked up a bit at the beginning of Shortnin Bread when she says "Mammys gonna make a little coffee too." How the hell did she not notice anything behind her? I also wonder what that edible tiger was made out of. Marshmallow? 

But to be fair once, in symphonic band in HS, during a concert, we were playing the theme from Jurassic Park and some kid thought it would be funny to dress up in a dinosaur costume and run across the stage. I did not see him come out from the curtains behind me, but I did see him run across the stage. And when I watched the video, everybody in the band who noticed was cracking up laughing while trying to play at the same time. lol. I was like "how the hell did I not see him appear from backstage?!" 

Hmmm, maybe I should hum My Hero. lol. There's some parts where I don't have lines. Hope the director doesn't get mad, lol.