Deleted information from A Book.

Luvsbway

I recently came across an old auction listing for 25 cassette tapes that contained interviews with Desi about his book. He talks about his growing up, the revolution, the creation of the show. But what I’m most intrigued by is it mentions he does talk about his infidelities and marital problems with Lucy. This information I found especially interesting “Regarding Lucy sleeping with “all of the leading men she worked with, “Desi says “What’s good for the goose is good for the gander; but the gander should not pretend to be holier than the goose!!”

About his divorce from Lucy: “I was the one who wanted out, and I laid the plan for months.”

The auction description says most of the information on these tapes did not make the book.

• Like 1

I recently came across an old auction listing for 25 cassette tapes that contained interviews with Desi about his book. He talks about his growing up, the revolution, the creation of the show. But what I’m most intrigued by is it mentions he does talk about his infidelities and marital problems with Lucy. This information I found especially interesting “Regarding Lucy sleeping with “all of the leading men she worked with, “Desi says “What’s good for the goose is good for the gander; but the gander should not pretend to be holier than the goose!!”

About his divorce from Lucy: “I was the one who wanted out, and I laid the plan for months.”

The auction description says most of the information on these tapes did not make the book.

Wow! :HALKING:

I don't own the tapes. I came across an old auction listing and that information was contained in the description.

Whoever owns those tapes now, I hope they make their way back to Lucie and Desi someday. Something like that really should belong to the family. Unless these are simply copies and not the originals...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Just came across a description of the contents of the Desi Arnaz Papers collection:

https://oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt9779s1j1/entire_text/

I’m assuming it’s a different collection than what is described earlier in this thread, but I thought it was interesting.

P.S. With regard to Desi claiming that Lucy slept with all her male costars, it sounds a lot like Lucy‘s claim to Paula Stewart that Desi slept with every woman in Hollywood. Sounds like they both had a tendency to exaggerate.  I’ll bet, though, that Lucy sometimes wanted Desi to THINK that she was playing around on him to make him jealous. She admitted she liked to play games, too. (Whether she did cheat or not is another thin’.)

25 tapes! What a treasured trove. Would love to know who has ‘em.