Carol Burnett to star in Poehler-helmed ABC sitcom!

Brock

Some additional information about Carol's pilot.

Speaking of Amy Poehler, I heard reports of a new TV show — you guys just shot a pilot? We haven’t done it yet. We’re doing it at the end of March. It’s based on true happenings of Hugh Hefner and Zsa Zsa Gabor. They sold their homes, their mansions, with the caveat that they could live in them until they die. So they’re making me into a 93 year-old actress who was a big star in the ’50s, who lives in this mansion, but she’s broke. So she sells it to this family, with the caveat that she can live in it. It’s going to be the relationship between her and this family. She also has an assistant, a guy who has been with her for umpteen years, and he’s her manager, he’s her piano player, he’s her wigmaker — he’s everything. That’s the premise. And occasionally Amy will be appearing in it as my daughter. And we’re kind of estranged, so that can be fun to play. I’m thrilled, I got Bob Mackie to do the costumes.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/arts-culture/comedy/article/20854265/say-things-funny-an-interview-with-carol-burnett

Interesting that they will be aging Carol up. It's great that Amy Poehler will recur as her daughter and Carol will be dressed in Mackie rags!

• Like 1

Some additional information about Carol's pilot.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/arts-culture/comedy/article/20854265/say-things-funny-an-interview-with-carol-burnett

Interesting that they will be aging Carol up. It's great that Amy Poehler will recur as her daughter and Carol will be dressed in Mackie rags!

Thanks for the info!  So I was correct that Hugh Hefner helped inspire this.  And reading her comments, I too was reminded of her Nora Desmond spoof.  But I'm trying to get my head around 83 year-old Carol Burnett playing a 93 year-old with 45 year-old Amy Poeler as the daughter of this 93 year old.  I assume they are going to age Amy a bit, too?

Ken Levine posted a picture on Twitter of himself and Carol saying that they were working together this week. Is it possible he's attached to this project as a director or writer? Or is Carol filming a guest spot on a sitcom right now?

Nothing on his Blog about it... that I could find, but after looking in the "if it's not on one site (tvtickets.com), it's probably on the other (http://on-camera-audiences.com)", I found this, which shows there's tickets available (as of this writing) for the filming next Friday, March 31st at Universal Studios (you don't suppose they're using "Here's Lucy"'s old soundstage...do ya?? How cool would THAT be!!!??) @ 3:45 PM!!!

So! From On Camera Audiences:

"See Carol Burnett LIVE in studio!

From executive producer Amy Poehler and Michael Saltzman, Household Name follows a family who has an amazing opportunity to buy the house of their dreams BUT this house comes with a catch! They must live with the current owner, an eccentric, larger-than-life actress (Burnett)---until she dies.

The cast also includes: Mary Holland (UBC, Blunt Talk), Matt Oberg (Veep, The Comedians), Timothy Omundson (Galavant, Psych) and Zoe Anne Pessin."

http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Household_Name

• 1 month later...

Update:

Household Name, the ABC pilot starring Carol Burnett, didn’t get picked up but may still be in development, Dungey indicated, describing it as “still very near and dear to our hearts.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/ellen_gray/at-abc-roseanne-idol-and-a-last-scandal-20170516.html?mobi=true

It sounds like ABC wants to get away from

multi-camera comedies. NBC had been interested in picking up the show if ABC passed. It looks like there is still life in this.

Update:

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/ellen_gray/at-abc-roseanne-idol-and-a-last-scandal-20170516.html?mobi=true

It sounds like ABC wants to get away from

multi-camera comedies. NBC had been interested in picking up the show of ABC passed. It looks like there is still life in this.

Strange, yet ABC is still willing to give Roseanne a go.

Hopefully another network will be interested.

Strange, yet ABC is still willing to give Roseanne a go.

Hopefully another network will be interested.

Roseanne and cast were on ABC's upfront yesterday. The rest of the cast looked I fine form but Rosanne is still a big mess. She had to try not to sware twice. God help those writers.

• 2 months later...

The new Netflix series Ozark has a very interesting plot point. The main family moves to the Lake of The Ozarks and is able to live in a home much nicer than the others in their price range because of a stipulation that they share the house with its elderly owner until his death.

It sounds like Dame Olivia shouldn't be the only one with a lawsuit on her hands!

• Like 1

The new Netflix series Ozark has a very interesting plot point. The main family moves to the Lake of The Ozarks and is able to live in a home much nicer than the others in their price range because of a stipulation that they share the house with its elderly owner until his death.

It sounds like Dame Olivia shouldn't be the only one with a lawsuit on her hands!

Let's just hope Carol doesn't wait till SHE'S 101 to file her lawsuit!  Certainly sounds like she has grounds!! :vanda:

Speaking of which...haven't heard any updates lately whether they're proceeding with this project, with "retooling" as they call it or what.... beginning to think, sadly, that it may be dead in the water.

Maybe CB could do a guest shot on "Ozark"! :blink:

Let's just hope Carol doesn't wait till SHE'S 101 to file her lawsuit! Certainly sounds like she has grounds!! :vanda:

Speaking of which...haven't heard any updates lately whether they're proceeding with this project, with "retooling" as they call it or what.... beginning to think, sadly, that it may be dead in the water.

Maybe CB could do a guest shot on "Ozark"! :blink:

I'd watch Carol do a guest spot on the damn Jim Bakker show if it meant seeing her perform again. I haven't heard any updates whatsoever after there was talk of NBC's interest and a possible retooling. Midseason replacement, perhaps? Is that even still a thing?

I'd watch Carol do a guest spot on the damn Jim Bakker show if it meant seeing her perform again. I haven't heard any updates whatsoever after there was talk of NBC's interest and a possible retooling. Midseason replacement, perhaps? Is that even still a thing?

Not in its original sense, I would think. Given how all over the place season scheduling has become, there's really no set start or stop time anymore, is there?

• Like 1

The trailer was hilarious. I wonder if they'll bring on any young fans of Carol's career. I know when I was around the age of that "interviewer" I 100% was all over TCBS. I not only would have known the show, but probably would have launched into some very annoying impersonations of its recurring characters.

• Like 1