Photo

Carol Burnett to star in Poehler-helmed ABC sitcom!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 LittleRickyII

LittleRickyII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

You can't fix stupid.

Amen,  brother! You're preaching to the choir there! :HALKING:

Beyond her much too short life, I have limited sympathy for her.  I lived through all those years of her crying crocodile tears on TV.  Yes, it was Jim Bakker who was doing the scheming.  He was the one who went to prison.  But Tammy had to have some inkling of what was going on.  She was living in the lap of luxury.  She talked about shopping at TJ Maxx, but those fur coats, jewelry, expensive cars, etc., certainly didn't come from there.  Those Charlotte Observer articles, and subsequent FBI investigations, revealed the excesses Jim and Tammy both were enjoying.  That money didn't fall out of trees.  She knew full well the kind of people sending in that money that allowed her to live so lavishly.  Many of them were elderly and none of them were rich.

I know, I hear you but despite the fact he went to prison and she didn't, I've seen the ravages of cancer up close and what it does to not only it's victim but also the loved ones adversely affected by it's stranglehold so...I feel a little more empathy towards her than I ever would for him, especially when he was not only duping all the innocents that you reference but also his "involvement" with the "lady" who ultimately was his doing, that Jessica floozy (always thought it funny her name was so close to Jezebel!! :blink: ).

Jessica Hahn was only 21 years old when that happened, probably very vulnerable and impressionable.  She was only a church secretary while he was a very powerful man in her eyes.  Also, Hahn claimed that Bakker and his friend had raped her.   As for Tammy, she was allegedly having a good time herself back in those days as well.  Don't you remember all that talk about wife swapping?  There are more juicy details in the article below that posted a few days ago.  Check the part, for example, about Tammy and the "Monster Mash" guy.  Some of this may be baseless gossip, I don't know, but she clearly was living the high life.  Their home was like 10,000 square feet!  And she went on lavish vacations and shopping sprees.

Cancer is horrible, I know.  I appreciate her boldness and efforts toward cancer awareness, but it doesn't erase her earlier actions and the people that were hurt, particularly so many of whom were elderly and on fixed incomes.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3387060

#62 LittleRickyII

LittleRickyII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

Jessica Hahn was only 21 years old when that happened, probably very vulnerable and impressionable.  She was only a church secretary while he was a very powerful man in her eyes.  Also, Hahn claimed that Bakker and his friend had raped her.   As for Tammy, she was allegedly having a good time herself back in those days as well.  Don't you remember all that talk about wife swapping?  There are more juicy details in the article below that posted a few days ago.  Check the part, for example, about Tammy and the "Monster Mash" guy.  Some of this may be baseless gossip, I don't know, but she clearly was living the high life.  Their home was like 10,000 square feet!  And she went on lavish vacations and shopping sprees.

Cancer is horrible, I know.  I appreciate her boldness and efforts toward cancer awareness, but it doesn't erase her earlier actions and the people that were hurt, particularly so many of whom were elderly and on fixed incomes.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3387060

Darn it!  The Jessica Hahn episode of the series Scandal Made Me Famous just aired this past Saturday on Reelz.  http://www.imdb.com/...ef_=tt_eps_cu_n

#63 JoeyCentralCal

JoeyCentralCal

TONY WINNER BETTE "Shut that crap off!" MIDLER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,291 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley CA (near Modesto)

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Darn it!  The Jessica Hahn episode of the series Scandal Made Me Famous just aired this past Saturday on Reelz.  http://www.imdb.com/...ef_=tt_eps_cu_n

Maybe they (or elsewhere) have it On Demand?  :lucyhmm:

• LittleRickyII likes this

Ryan Gossling * Emma Stone (Oscar Winner, Best Actress)

LA LA LAND
La%2BLa%2BLand%2Bdance.gif

SIX ACADEMY AWARDS!!!

(14 OSCAR NOMINATIONS)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users