Mildred Frances Sightings "Trifecta": Still Going Strong!

I just can't wrap my head around that this lady is 92!! And still working her craft!

Not one but THREE "sightings" this week of Miss Carole which started with a FB post by mutual friend Mason McCulley (he's not only "adopted" (and they he) The Troupes as his LA "grandparents" but has been working on a documentary about the couple!) sharing a photo in which he and the Troupes enjoyed dinner Halloween on Santa Monica Boulevard at charming outdoor cafe Cafe D'Etoile prior to that neighborhood's....festivities (ahem)....  14908315_10100631182357376_7293570631744

Then on my FB feed popped up mention of a WUNDAFUL documentary in the works that features interviews with not only Carole but other Lucy-connected folk, first and foremost Bea Arthur!  Check out the preview of it, it's only a few short (too short!) minutes long but fascinating! Can't wait to see the completed effort!!

Here's the clip:

Lastly, the biggest unexpected surprise appearance came the other night here in Palm Springs whilst attending a special Pride Weekend benefit screening of Del Shores' classic gay romp, "Sordid Lives" with many of the key cast members in attendance -- Mr. Shores (the writer /director) and LaVonda herself -- and another lovely, funny redhead! --Miss Ann Walker, chief among them (no Leslie Jordan, darn it, he's always a hoot!). 

After the screening of the film and and introduction to the cast present, we were treated to an almost 15-minute preview of selected scenes in rough cut form of the "Sordid" sequel coming out early next year, "Sordid Wedding".  Guess who popped up in a cameo in a beauty parlor scene!! Yup, looking great too!  Sure didn't see that coming! (Wish I could remember what her line was, but I was so surprised and it went by too fast!! (I'm sure it was a "zinger" though! :HALKING: )

CastIG2stripA_mpocwl.jpg
God love Carole Cook.  I know I sure do!! :lucythrill:

I saw the Greenwich Village post on my FB too with a picture of Carole and was thinking it was the Carole and Tom doc and was super confused. Thanks for this post.

Understandable; as for Mason's doc on The Troupes, he must still be working on it: last time Miss Cook did her one woman show here in PS awhile back, Frank Gorey was in attendance and with an assist from Laura, he was kind enough to give Mason an interview after the show, discussing both Redheads. :D

I just can't wrap my head around that this lady is 92!! And still working her craft!

Not one but THREE "sightings" this week of Miss Carole which started with a FB post by mutual friend Mason McCulley (he's not only "adopted" (and they he) The Troupes as his LA "grandparents" but has been working on a documentary about the couple!) sharing a photo in which he and the Troupes enjoyed dinner Halloween on Santa Monica Boulevard at charming outdoor cafe Cafe D'Etoile prior to that neighborhood's....festivities (ahem)....  14908315_10100631182357376_7293570631744

Then on my FB feed popped up mention of a WUNDAFUL documentary in the works that features interviews with not only Carole but other Lucy-connected folk, first and foremost Bea Arthur!  Check out the preview of it, it's only a few short (too short!) minutes long but fascinating! Can't wait to see the completed effort!!

Here's the clip:

Lastly, the biggest unexpected surprise appearance came the other night here in Palm Springs whilst attending a special Pride Weekend benefit screening of Del Shores' classic gay romp, "Sordid Lives" with many of the key cast members in attendance -- Mr. Shores (the writer /director) and LaVonda herself -- and another lovely, funny redhead! --Miss Ann Walker, chief among them (no Leslie Jordan, darn it, he's always a hoot!). 

After the screening of the film and and introduction to the cast present, we were treated to an almost 15-minute preview of selected scenes in rough cut form of the "Sordid" sequel coming out early next year, "Sordid Wedding".  Guess who popped up in a cameo in a beauty parlor scene!! Yup, looking great too!  Sure didn't see that coming! (Wish I could remember what her line was, but I was so surprised and it went by too fast!! (I'm sure it was a "zinger" though! :HALKING: )

CastIG2stripA_mpocwl.jpg

God love Carole Cook.  I know I sure do!! :lucythrill:

Thanks so much for this Joey, guy;  wish I had some way of connecting to Carole and husband; I took a photo of the two of them, a head shot, similar to the one we are familiar with of the Arnazes; it's been on my refrigerator (all 3 of them!) for YEARS; when they were in Jamestown while I was still volunteer; so, before July, 2007!  Would LOVE to mail them a copy; it's such a lovely shot.  Is there possibly a P.R. person of theirs who would forward it to them?  I KNOW getting addresses of stars is prohibited.  [Taken with my own camera; when we were taking their shoeprints over in one of the warehouses they did that sort of thing - often wondered if they EVER displayed any of these things - reminds me of Jamestown's answer to John Wayne-type things they planned at one time; took prints of all guests.]

For instance, you have heard [by me] of CHAUFFUERING THE CHAUFFUER to Buffalo that one year, just the two of us, in a Jeepster, as I recall; was asking me about a certain SWAMP FLOWERING TREE he saw lining the roadway getting out of Celoron, on way through Jamestown to I-90, to Airport.  I researched; asked arrdubya for his address - NO! - 'I'll forward it to him for you'....

In any event, never heard from Frank in reply to my note.  BUT... next time he was in Jamestown, I saw him on the street; he grabbed me and gave me a hug - I honestly was SO SHOCKED, forgot to ask him about it; and never saw him up close that visit again; so guess I'll never know if he received the information.