Feud (2017) First look at Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford

Shane91

Wonder if they'll recreate the time Joan infamously subbed for daughter Christina on that daytime soap (Secret Storm, I think?)?? God knows what she was thinking and boy... would I love to see that again! Talk about surreal! :blink:

That really happened?!!!!

What's the plot?  If it's called Feud, it's either Bette or daughter Christina

It's produced by Ryan Murphy, I believe it's to do with her and Bette Davis, during the production of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane, Kathy Bates plays Joan Blondell, Sarah Paulson is Geraldine Page, Catherine Zeta Jones is Olivia De Havilland, Judy Davis is Hedda Hopper, Alfred Molina is Robert Aldrich.

Here's the IMDB listing: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1984119/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

There are audio tracks and photos, but no moving pictures.

Just the average young housewife:

68secretstormjoankane12.jpg

"Why don't you come in and neck for a while?"

Joan's argument was with Christina off sick they would have fired and replaced her with a new actress. The producer argued that the fans would reject the idea of a new actress. Enter Joan as Joan.

The top one... I'm not feeling it. But when she's in full Jane Drag she certainly seems to be pulling it off. Interestingly, I could totally see Susan and Jessica switching roles and doing just as well.

I hope this is a fun miniseries- Ryan Murphy is incredibly hit and miss with me. If it's a success, the backstory to Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte is just as interesting and would make for a good sequel.

The top one... I'm not feeling it. But when she's in full Jane Drag she certainly seems to be pulling it off. Interestingly, I could totally see Susan and Jessica switching roles and doing just as well.

I hope this is a fun miniseries- Ryan Murphy is incredibly hit and miss with me. If it's a success, the backstory to Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte is just as interesting and would make for a good sequel.

Murphy has indicated that a future season (not the next) could very well focus on Olivia de Havilland and her sister, Dragon Lady.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...