Robert Osborne has died

HarryCarter

I was just thinking of him last night before Critic's Choice.

Was the 20/20 Debbie Carrie special his last appearance?

Yes. I think his last new TCM intro aired was back in May 2016 in a Guest Programmer segment with Matthew Broderick. I think the last time he was seen regularly on the network was last March.

My parents claim that TCM was playing on the hospital TV when I was born. Robert could have very well been one of the first faces I ever saw. He was on my short list of people who should receive honorary Oscars. I've missed his presence since his retirement and now I'll miss it even more. He was as much a part of classic movies as the people who made them.

Lucy's discovery and one of the world's nicest men has died at 84. :(

http://www.thewrap.com/robert-osborne-tcm-host-film-historian-dies-84/

This one hurt.  Wondering how Miss Cook is doing with the news... they were pretty close if I'm not mistaken.  He was I would imagine her last "contemporary" left from the Lucy era.  Sad. -_-

Let's not forget his great cameo on Kimmey Scmidet.

"And that's how the 1938 musical train wreck Daddy's Boy ends--mid-song, after the crew refused to continue working on the production. Coming up next . . . an encore presentation of Daddy's Boy. What? No! We had a deal!"

• Like 1

This one hurt. Wondering how Miss Cook is doing with the news... they were pretty close if I'm not mistaken. He was I would imagine her last "contemporary" left from the Lucy era. Sad. -_-

Tom shared a picture on FB of Carole and Tom for their 54th wedding anniversary. I knew Lucy was matron of honor, but I forgot Bob served as best man.

• Like 1

It would have been great if Robert had been doing his "Private Screenings" when Lucy was around

Was watching the 48-hr marathon; and was wishing EXACTLY THE SAME THING, Neil.  Just listening to him honor Lucille in his many 'other' interviews about same, I could picture him doing JUST THAT; maybe NOT in person; but, in heartfelt words.  Thanks for saying it, Neil.  JK :fabrary: