Arise DAME Olivia de Havilland!

Brock

A "Miss" No More: Congratulations to the legendary Olivia de Havilland who today, just a couple of weeks shy of 101, has been finally named a Dame by the Queen! :HALKING:

She is the oldest woman to ever be named a Dame and, in my opinion, one of the most overdue.

"Dame Olivia de Havilland" has a nice ring to it. Even dead, Joan will have to console herself with a single, solitary Oscar.

• Like 5

A "Miss" No More: Congratulations to the legendary Olivia de Havilland who today, just a couple of weeks shy of 101, has been finally named a Dame by the Queen! :HALKING:

She is the oldest woman to ever be named a Dame and, in my opinion, one of the most overdue.

"Dame Olivia de Havilland" has a nice ring to it. Even dead, Joan will have to console herself with a single, solitary Oscar.

Just in time to remake her 60s movie as "Dame in a Cage".

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 6/17/2017 at 8:37 AM, Brock said:

I thought Dame Edna was the oldest. :lucythrill:

• Haha 1

The rumor circulating social media was that for her 103rd, Dame O went on a celebratory bike ride, accompanied by a photo that was actually taken ten years ago. Nevertheless, awesome that she was biking at 93 and even more awesome that she's still rocking this world at 103.