3 replies to this topic

#1 Harrison

Harrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Another season will soon be upon us and that means that the Classic Television Network; MeTV, will be shaking up it's schedule.

First the bad news ...

- I Love Lucy will be scaled back to only 1 airing per week. The Brady Bunch will be taking over it's 6:30am slot on weekdays (and that program will still retain its Sunday two-hour block).

- Only 1 hour of Lucy per week. Currently, Me-TV is airing Lucy seven times a week or 3 1/2 hours. Amazing how Lucy gets cut drastically while other programs which have had more airplay on the network still manage to escape of getting cut back such as Leave it to Beaver, Perry Mason, The Big Valley, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Rifleman, The Brady Bunch, M*A*S*H, The Andy Griffith Show and Hogan's Heroes. But this should not come as a surprise as their treatment of Lucy in the recent years overall has been less than satisfying.

- It is also worth noting that the Eve Arden comedy; Our Miss Brooks, co-starring our beloved Gale Gordon will be off the line-up. It's replacement is Highway Patrol.

The good news ...

- The Lucy Show returns again; however, it will be just once a week this time around. It will air Sundays at 4:30pm following you guessed it ... I Love Lucy. MeTV might brand this as "The Lucy Hour".

All these changes go into effect on September 4th, 2017.

#2 rickylu

rickylu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHedda Hopper's hometown

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

It's about time they finally decided to pair up I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show. They've had the rights to both of them for years, yet never had them on the schedule at the same time.

#3 Harrison

Harrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

It's about time they finally decided to pair up I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show. They've had the rights to both of them for years, yet never had them on the schedule at the same time.

As far as I know I Love Lucy has never left MeTV. It's The Lucy Show that has come and gone repeatedly. So yes the network has had these two Lucy sitcoms on the same schedule from time to time but just never paired up until now. We'll see how long this pairing up will last. Hopefully for a long time.

I am still hoping that they will eventually have a weekly Lucy block (ala reminiscent of Nick-at-Nite's "Lucy, Queen of Comedy" block) featuring an episode of each I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show AND The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour. They certainly do have room on their Sunday afternoon schedule to fit The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour. That would be magical.

• JoeyCentralCal likes this

#4 rickylu

rickylu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHedda Hopper's hometown

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

I forgot I Love Lucy was still on Sundays when The Lucy Show would occasionally take over its weekday slot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users