The Carol Burnett Appreciation Thread

Here's a tidbit about Carol's upcoming appearance on Glee. Here's your spoiler warning now!

Jane Lynch has revealed that she is excited about an upcoming storyline on Glee.

Speaking to E! Online, Lynch explained that she is looking forward to her character Sue Sylvester meeting up with her mother.

"My mother is going to reveal herself," she said. "You know, every time Sue gives a biographical tidbit about herself you never know if she's telling the truth. Well, when she said that her mother was a Nazi-hunter, it's true."

She continued: "She's being played by Carol Burnett. I guess there's no more Nazis to hunt. She got the last one."

Lynch also revealed that she is a huge fan of Burnett, saying: "I love her! I love her, I love her. Like everybody else who grew up during my time I watched The Carol Burnett Show, I learned from The Carol Burnett Show, I aspired to that."

Glee returns for its second season on September 21 on Fox.

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s57/glee/news/a266111/jane-lynch-excited-about-glee-mother.html

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a reminder that Carol's appearance on Glee is TOMORROW NIGHT! :HALKING:

I can't believe I have to work tomorrow night, but it's at the top of my list of things to do when I get home. <_<

Yeah, i already heard that number, it was put on one of the sites, Why oh Why oh why O, did i ever leave O hio? Odd song choice but beautifully done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The film which shall remain nameless...

This article just came over Google alerts and it is hysterically absurd:

Films

"Afternoon Movies for Grownups" — 1982 film, based on a Tony-winning musical, about Little Orphan Annie, played by Aileen Quinn. Carol Burnett plays mean Miss Hannigan, head of the orphanage. Because of licensing restrictions, film title cannot be publicized outside the library. Middletown Thrall Library, 11-19 Depot St., Middletown, 2 p.m. Jan. 19. Free. Call 341-5454 or visit www.thrall.org.

:lucyshock: What the hell? They're clearly screening Gandhi. :marionstrong:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Carol will be on Piers Morgan tomorrow night for the hour at 9 pm! :HALKING:

Have never tuned in to that pompous ass but will for the first time for Carol. Maybe she'll tell her one Lucy story, it was the second night of a show i was in called Once Upon A Mattress and i could see her there with the red hair . . .

Carol was absolutely fantastic on that jerk's program last night, she looked sensational and had great stories to tell, some of his questions were so idiotic and will they leave her alone with that damned Tarzan yell already, such a talented woman wasting her time doing this moronic SHTICK, he didn''t even mention anything else she's done like in films. She brought up her first BIG BREAK in the show Once Upon a Mattress but he went to another break before she could go into her famous story of the second night of the show when Lucy showed up in the audience, she could see her out there with the red hair . . . :marionstrong:

At least they showed several pictures of Carol with Lucy... although the majority of on-set background photos seemed to feature Carol Channing for some reason. They also touched upon Annie briefly in relation to Carol's new chin, but it could have been so much more.

At least they showed several pictures of Carol with Lucy... although the majority of on-set background photos seemed to feature Carol Channing for some reason. They also touched upon Annie briefly in relation to Carol's new chin, but it could have been so much more.

EXACTLY! I kept saying to myself, IS HE A CAROL CHANNING FAN OR SOMETHING? And Lucy's Carol shot was right next to Channing's too. I saw it ONE time, then again i kept leaving for the commercial breaks to catch some of Desperate Housewives, so maybe i missed all the other ones you say YOU saw. I had to watch BOTH at Midnight as i was watching The Kennedys at nine, part three of four. That's what i love about television, nothing on 500 channels or everything on at the same time.

After one of the commercial breaks, he asked Carol about all the various people she worked with like Julie Andrews and Beverly Sills. Piers mentioned Lucy and then three or four photos of the two of them appeared on the screen one afte another.

OMG and i missed THAT!!! I came back and she was talking about Julie. Ok, so if HE mentionned Lucy i revise my opinion of him, he just asked some silly questions for a small part of the interview and i will catch his show again and he's not so pompous, he's no Simon Cowell or Ryan Seacrest, he's better than those two combined, how's that? :lucythrill:

I thought it was a great interview. She talked about some things I've never heard her talk about before. I never hear her speak of her current husband, so that was very interesting.

I was taken aback for a second when she called her present husband "a throwback" until she went onto the next sentence. LOL

I thought it was a great interview. She talked about some things I've never heard her talk about before. I never hear her speak of her current husband, so that was very interesting.

So true, and she's even working on her next book too! Yes and she learned from Lucy to snatch a younger man, who knew Carol was a Cougar? :lucythrill::mred:

• 1 month later...