Brock

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

vivian04.jpg

Vivian with the wonderful, still with us Nanette Fabray. Adore Nanette, would love to see her get some of that Betty White/Carol Channing/Angela Lansbury affection and gigs.

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Were Nanette and Vivian close friends, or was this a photo-op? Viv's smile is great; Nanette's 'forced'.... still love her, though. Can't remember WHAT I watched her on while I was young; but, always loved her.

• 3 weeks later...

I always bought TV Radio Mirror as Lucy was ALWAYS in it, sometimes a cover shoot also. Viv looks like she's in MINK here.

She is although that cheap 60's movie mag paper doesn't reproduce that good in scans. I'm kind of fascinated with TV Radio Mirror of the 1950's where all these nerdy newscasters and matronly soap opera actresses get the full page color photo treatment/at home pictorials just as if they were as glamorous as Marilyn Monroe and Rock Hudson in addition to the wonderful profiles on the big names like Lucy.

She is although that cheap 60's movie mag paper doesn't reproduce that good in scans. I'm kind of fascinated with TV Radio Mirror of the 1950's where all these nerdy newscasters and matronly soap opera actresses get the full page color photo treatment/at home pictorials just as if they were as glamorous as Marilyn Monroe and Rock Hudson in addition to the wonderful profiles on the big names like Lucy.

Oh yeah, that's right, there were loads of color pages. If i recall, those cheap ads in the back were horrid, they say SIXTIES all right.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pic! When I saw it I thought how maybe all those Bill hates Viv and Viv hates Bill stories were blown out of proportion because they both look like they are sincerely having a good time, with Viv's arm on his shoulder, too. And then I read Claude's take on it:

"Dunno when or where but they musta served lotsa booze to get those two so close together and smiling yet! "

:marionstrong:

• Like 1