Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Chronology - Week 2 - April

leenorman

April 8

Mary Pickford, many-year friend of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz; guest co-star, Desilu Productions’, Here’s Hollywood, 1962, and with Lucille, Hollywood Without Make-Up, 1963, as well as Entertaining the Troops, 1994 (both via archival footage), is born this date in 1892.

Maxine Semon, veteran supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”) 1955, 1956; Desilu Productions’ Those Whiting Girls, 1955; and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, 1958; as well as cast member, Desilu Studios-filmed The Joey Bishop Show, 8 episodes, 1962-1963, is born this date in 1909.

Shecky Greene, guest, Desilu Productions', Whirlybirds, 1959; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, 1964, as well as appears, among many others, Thalians' Tribute, honoring Lucille, as the first “Mrs. Wonderful”, 1974; is born this date in 1926.

Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) appears as Anna Held, audience member, in MGM's, The Great Ziegfeld, co-starring Ray Bolger, Fannie Brice, Myrna Loy, Frank Morgan, William Powell, among others, released this date in 1936.

Hollywood Citizen News, Elizabeth Yeaman: “ . . . decided, during Go Chase Yourself, to star Lucille Ball . . . in another comedy immediately, Strictly Accidental, will go before the cameras in about two weeks,” published this date in 1938.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Story of burglary of Lucille Ball’s home as she, mother and grandfather slept,” published this date in 1938.

MGM’s Ziegfeld Follies, with Lucille Ball and William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz); Jack Donohue, a dancer, who later directed 14 episodes of The Lucy Show; guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”) 1974, as well as director, 4 episodes; Sidney Guilaroff, Lucille’s hair dresser, who takes responsibility for her famous ‘golden red’ for this movie, becoming her trademark color; and with many other stars, in a musical without a story line, directed by Vincente Minelli, is released this date in 1946.

Hollywood Citizen News, Lowell E. Redelings: “Lucille Ball is trying to arrange her commitments (she tells me on the set of Sorrowful Jones) to accept that offer of the lead in Born Yesterday for six weeks this summer,” published this date in 1948.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear, My Favorite Husband “Gum Machine,” episode #39, produced and directed by Jess Oppenheimer; written by Jess Oppenheimer, Madelyn Pugh & Bob Carroll, Jr., featuring Ruth Perrott, as Katy the Maid, original music by Marlin Skiles; conducted by Wilbur Hatch; announcer, Bob LeMond, sponsored by General Foods, JELL-O; with veteran supporting cast members, Florence Halop, Frank Nelson and Hans Conried, as well as Johnny McGovern, airing this date in 1949.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music for (“I Love Lucy”), Episode #95, guest co-starring Tennessee Ernie Ford, which is filmed this date in 1954.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz appear together on NY Herald Tribune TV and Radio Magazine cover this week in 1956.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Building A Barbecue” - Lucy loses her wedding ring when she and Ethel try to build a backyard brick barbecue, with Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky, airing this date in 1957.

The Lucy Show “Lucy is a Chaperon” - Viv and Lucy act like teenagers while chaperoning a teen beach event, Lucie Arnaz, as Chris, with additional guest cast members, Hanley Stafford, Don Grady, Eddie Hodges, Charlotte Lawrence, Karen Balkin, and Patty Gerrity, airing this date in 1963.

Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz) appears on The Mike Douglas Show, airing this date in 1970.

Lucille Ball does serious introductions, as the ‘voice’ of the Statue of Liberty, on NBC’s, Swing Out, Sweet Land, a patriotic special saluting America, advertised as ‘John Wayne’s tribute to America’, with a stellar cast, (winner of a Prime-Time Emmy in 1971), on this date in 1971.

Claire Trevor, Lucille Ball early-film career co-star, 1934, guest, The Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, dies this date in 2000.

Seaman Jacobs, writer, Desilu Studios-filmed, My Favorite Martian, 1 episode, 1963, with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Three Sons, 3 episodes, 1963-64; writer, The Lucy Show, 1967; Desilu Productions',, The Mothers’In-Law, 5 episodes, 1967-68; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Family Affair, 1 episode, 1967; (“Here’s Lucy”), 1969, 1971; 2 episodes, 1974; and Lucille Ball-directed, Bungle Abbey, 1981, dies this date in 2008.

April 9

Allen Jenkins, Lucille Ball early-film-career co-star, 1939; co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1941, 1945; veteran supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1952, 2 episodes, 1953; as well as Desilu Studios'-filmed The Red Skelton Show, 1956-1960; with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 1972; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, all via archival footages, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983, is born this date in 1900.

Ward Bond, of Wagon Train fame; Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 4 films, 1934, 1936; with Lucille, Screen Snapshots Series 18, No. 1, 1938, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1938, 1942, 1950; Desilu Productions' Cavalcade of America, 1956; as well as with Lucille and Desi (all via archival footages) Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage 1983, is born this date in 1903.

Dann Cahn, the Arnazes many-year friend and Film Editor, (“I Love Lucy”), 33 episodes 1951-52; (“I Love Lucy”); editorial supervisor 106 episodes 1952-53; Editor, (“I Love Lucy”): The Movie 1953; Desilu Productions' Our Miss Brooks Editor 1 episode 1952, 7 episodes 1952-53, editorial supervision 29 episodes 1954-56, editorial supervisor 17 episodes 1954-56; Desilu Studios-filmed Make Room for Daddy editorial supervisor, 11 episodes 1953-58; editorial supervisor Willy, 16 episodes 1954-55; supervising editor 1 episode 1955; editorial supervisor The Brothers 1 episode, 1956, as well as December Bride 4 episodes 1955-56; Film Editor Arnazes film Forever Darling 1956; Desilu Productions' Those Whiting Girls editorial supervisor 13 episodes 1955-57, as well as Cavalcade of America 1 episode 1956, supervising editor 1 episode 1956, as well as 3 episodes 1956-57, and Sheriff of Cochise 3 episodes 1957, editorial supervisor 2 episodes 1956-57; Editor, Desilu-filmed: The Lineup 1954 [unknown episodes], The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp editorial supervisor 36 episodes 1955-59, The Adventures of Jim Bowie 68 episodes 1956-58 and supervising editor 7 episodes 1956-57, The Real McCoys, “Californy, Here We Come” 1957 Editorial Supervisor, as well as 39 additional episodes 1957-58; Supervising Film Editor The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour 5 episodes 1957-59, and editorial supervisor 4 episodes 1957-58; Desilu Productions': The Fountain of Youth editorial supervisor 1958; Editorial Supervisor, U.S. Marshal, unknown episodes 1958, Whirlybirds 23 episodes 1957-58, The Californians 1 episode 1958; Desilu-filmed: The Red Skelton Show editorial supervisor 1 episode 1958; Desilu Productions': The Texan editorial supervisor 7 episodes 1958-59; 2nd Unit Director, The Scarface Mob 1959; Director; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “Man in Orbit” 1959; Editorial Department, Desilu Studios-filmed The Guns of Will Sonnett 4 episodes 1968; guest appears on (“I Love Lucy”) 50th Anniversary Special senior editor and TV Consultant; 2001 and Editor, The Desilu Story 2003, as well as multi-year appearances in Jamestown, NY at the various Lucy-Desi Festivals/Birthday Bash occasions after 2003, is born this date in 1923.

Paula Stewart, co-star, younger 'sister' of Lucille Ball, in Wildcat, 1960; credited by Lucille with re-introducing her to Gary Morton three weeks after she had been first introduced to him; appears with Lucille, Toast of the Town, 1961; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, 1964; Hogan's Heroes, 1965; with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) Love, American Style, 1969; later becomes an interior decorator and designs Lucille’s NY Apartment in the 80’s, is born this date in 1933.

LA Evening Herald Express, Jimmy Starr: “Lucille Ball has gone back to her natural brunette hair, and she’s perfectly charming,” published this date in 1936.

Lucille Ball appears in Twentieth-Century Fox, Dark Corner, co-starring William Bendix and Mark Stevens; as well as Ellen Corby, in an uncredited role; - also co-starring Chuck Hamilton, character actor/stuntman, released this date in 1946.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Awful fuss being raised by Latin composers over Desi Arnaz’ plan to play swing arrangements of South American hits. Some have threatened a law suit,” published this date in 1946.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “Hobbies,” episode #83, airing this date in 1950.

Bob Hope, Lucille Ball’s long-time friend and many-time co-star, appears on television for the first time this date in 1950.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra perform (“I Love Lucy”) “Lucy Gets Homesick in Italy” - while the Mertzes and Ricardos are in Venice on Little Ricky’s birthday (last episode for veteran supporting cast member, Kathryn Card, as Lucy’s mother, Mrs. McGillicuddy, until 1959, and the Mayer twins ‘Little Ricky,’ who retire from show business); with supporting cast members Bart Bradley (later, by real name, Bart Braverman), and Vincent Padula, airing this date in 1956.

Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz) appears on CBS' The Mike Douglas Show, airing this date in 1970.

Weird Al Yankovic shaves his moustache to portray Ricky Ricardo in his “Hey, Ricky” video this date in 1983.

Desi Arnaz IV stars as Walter Nebicher in 20th Century Fox TV’s Automan, “Club Ten”, starring Chuck Wagner, as Automan, Robert Lansing and Gerald S. O'Loughlin; guest co-starring Dennis Cole - Desi's partner - Dino, Desi & Billy combo - Billy Hinsche, composer, theme music, airing this date in 1984.

CBS’ - The Lucie Arnaz Show, “Sisters”, starring Lucie Arnaz, as Jane Lucas, co-starring Lee Bryant, as Jill; Karen Jablons-Alexander, as Loretta; Tony Roberts, as Jim Gordon; as well as Todd Waring, as Larry Love; each appearing in 6 episodes, airs this date in 1985.

The Latest From Everything Lucy website: Jamestown, NY - Melody Thomas Scott, “Nikki Newman,” CBS’ The Young and The Restless, will be spending her Memorial Day Weekend holiday in the hometown of her idol, Lucille Ball! One of the founding board members of the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center in Jamestown, NY, will be highlighting the weekend-long festivities by starring in three very special events on May 25, posted this date in 2008.

The Latest From Everything Lucy website: (“I Love Lucy”) May Marathon on Hallmark - “(“I Love Lucy”) didn't work on Hallmark Channel as a regular series; but, seems it has in marathons. It will air another marathon on Sunday, May 2, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. - seventeen straight hours of Lucy!, the last having occurred in February. First in line for airing is “Fred and Ethel Fight”, followed by “Pioneer Woman”, “The Freezer”, “Lucy Does a TV Commercial”, “Lucy Gets Ricky on the Radio”, “Lucy's Schedule”, “Ricky Thinks He is Going Bald”, “Job Switching”, “Tennessee Ernie Visits”, “Tennessee Ernie Hangs On”, “California, Here We Come!”, “First Stop”, “Tennessee Bound”, “Ethel's Home Town”, “L.A. At Last”, “Don Juan and the Starlets”, “Lucy Gets in Pictures”, “The Fashion Show”, “The Hedda Hopper Story”, “Don Juan is Shelved”, “Bull Fight Dance”, “Hollywood Anniversary”, “The Star Upstairs”, “In Palm Springs”, “The Dancing Star”, “Lucy and Harpo Marx”, “Ricky Needs an Agent”, “The Tour”, “Lucy Visits Grauman's”, “Lucy and John Wayne”, “Lucy and the Dummy”, “Ricky Sells the Car”; then, repeating: “Pioneer Women”, “The Freezer”, “Lucy Does a TV Commercial”, “Job Switching”, Tennessee Ernie Visits”, and “Tennessee Ernie Hangs On”, posted this date in 2010.

April 10

Flora Belle Orcutt and Frederick Charles Hunt, Lucille Ball’s maternal grandparents, are married in Sinclairville, NY, this date in 1889.

Hazel Pierce, Lucille Ball’s stand-in, (“I Love Lucy”) Movie 1953, (released 2007); appears as Club Member in 15 episodes (“I Love Lucy”), plus 1952; 3 episodes, 1955; 2 episodes, 1956; the Arnazes film, Forever Darling 1956; The Ford Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show 1958; Lucille film, The Facts of Life 1960; The Lucy Show, 1963, 1967; (Here's Lucy”), 1972; and (“I Love Lucy”) 50th Anniversary Special 2001, via archival footage; is born this date in 1893.

Harry Morgan, of Dragnet and MASH fame; stars with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1946, 1949; stars with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 1951; guest co-star, Desilu Productions’, Cavalcade of America, 1956; December Bride, 111 episodes, 1954-1959; (in one of which, 1954, he appears with Desi Arnaz); guest, Here’s Hollywood, 1961; The Untouchables, 1962; with Lucille Ball, Showbiz Goes to War, 1982; as well as with Lucille Ball and Vivian, via archival footage, 50 Years of Funny Females, 1995, is born this date in 1915.

Chuck Connors, was TV’s The Rifleman for five years; guest star, Desilu Productions’ Cavalcade of America, 1955; Desilu Studios-filmed The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 2 episodes 1958; as well as Lucille Ball guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”), 1973, is born this date in 1921.

Jane Keane, played Trixie on The Honeymooners, 48 episodes, 1966-1970; guest, Desilu Productions' Shower of Stars, 1955; guest star, Desilu Studios-filmed Make Room for Daddy, 1964; as well as Lucille Ball guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1966; is born this date in 1924.

Film Daily: MGM, Easy to Wed (musical version of the former screenplay, Libeled Lady): “ . . . very special honors go to Lucille Ball for her top-notch comedy scenes which highlight the very entertaining film, stacked high in this luxurious technicolor musical which spotlights Van Johnson’s versatility,” published this date in 1946.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music (“I Love Lucy”), Episode #60, filmed this date in 1953.

CBS’ Sunday Lucy Show: 30 minutes black & white: This is a collection of (“I Love Lucy”) programs, (beginning April 3 until October 30) - with “The Ballet” (episode #19). Because so many home viewers requested to see the early episodes, as they did not have television sets when they originally aired, CBS and the Arnazes re-ran these shows in the late afternoon on Sundays, this date in 1955.

Marjorie Main, co star, The Long, Long Trailer 1954, dies this date in 1975.

Desi Arnaz IV stars, as Martin Delahanty, with Joe Don Baker, in Columbia Pictures' To Kill A Cop, co-starring among many others, Scott Brady, Kim Delgado, Rosie Grier, and Eartha Kitt, airing this date in 1978.

Kay Medford, William Frawley uncredited co-star, 1943; as well as with Lucille Ball, uncredited, 1944; dies this date in 1980.

Byron Kane, guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”) 1954, 1957; as well as guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse 1960, dies this date in 1984.

Lucille Ball lectured for ninety minutes regarding her early years in Jamestown; life in Hollywood; and other things, for the opening night of the five-month retrospective called “The First Lady of Comedy”, with husband, Gary Morton in attendance. She was reunited with Johnny Rovetini, her many-year-“Philip Morris”-bellboy - Museum of Broadcasting, (now the Museum of Television and Radio), St. Regis Hotel, New York City, just one of the events with 80 hours of Lucy programming being made available to watch; meeting with fans; and three hosted Lucille seminars (thousands were turned away, since auditorium only held 225 persons), this date in 1984.

Natalie Schaefer, of Gilligan’s Island fame; wife of actor/comedian, Jim Backus; guest co-star (“I Love Lucy”) 1954, and co-star, Forever Darling 1956; as well as Desilu Productions’, Guestward Ho! 1960, dies this date in 1991.

The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Museum opens its Gift Shop, corner Third & Pine Streets, Jamestown NY this date in 2002.

The Scene – “Lucy-Desi Headliner” – “Wilmer Valderrama [star of That 70s Show and Fast Food Nation and host of MTV’s Yo, Momma], Headlines Lucy-Desi, celebrating Desi Arnaz’ contributions to the world of entertainment, May 24,”publication dates for 4-10-4-23, in 2008.

Dixie Carter, of Designing Women and Desperate Housewives' fame, appeared via archival footage with Lucille Ball, Bob Hope's Bag Full of Christmas Memories, 1993; archivally, with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 50 Years of Funny Females; with Lucie Arnaz, CBS at 75 2003; as well as with Lucille and Vivian, archivally, TV's Greatest Sidekicks;2004, dies this date in 2010.

April 11

Paul Douglas, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1952; the Arnazes guest co-star, The Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse Presents the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show, 1959, the last installment filmed in front of a studio audience, is born this date in 1907.

John Larkin, guest co-star, Desilu Productions’ Here’s Hollywood 1962, as well as The Untouchables, 1962, 1963, is born this date in 1912.

Bob LeMond, narrator - My Favorite Husband, Lucille Ball-Richard Denning CBS’ Radio show; Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1942; appears (“I Love Lucy”) Unaired Pilot 1951; with Arnaz children, Lucie and Desi IV, and the cast via archival footages, (“I Love Lucy”) The Very First Show! 1990, is born this date in 1913.

Dick Patterson, supporting cast member The Lucy Show, 1965, (“Here’s Lucy”), 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, is born this date in 1929.

Joel Grey, guest co-star, December Bride 3 episodes, 1957; The Ann Sothern Show, 1960; as well as with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars 1982, is born this date in 1932.

William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), appears in Paramount Picture's, Desire, as Mr. Gibson, co-starring Gary Cooper, Marlene Dietrich, and many others, released on this date in 1936.

LA Evening Herald Express, Joy of Living ad - Lucille Ball has fourth billing and is pictured, published this date in 1938.

The Washington Post: by Louella Parsons - “MGM's Lucille Ball's top year as musical-comedy girl,” published this date in 1943.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Lucille Ball wears an emerald-cut diamond in every picture; it’s actually the engagement ring of MGM Designer Irene; the girls are pals; but Lucille thinks it brings her good luck,” published this day in 1945.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “The beige evening gown worn by Lucille Ball in Lover, Come Back, is described by designer, Travis Banton, as a memorial to Carole Lombard. In her NY days, Lucille had Carole's screen clothes copied for her own wardrobe. Banton says he designed this dress exactly as he would have for Carole,” published this date in 1946.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Lucy Gets Ricky On The Radio (A.K.A. ‘Mr. And Mrs. Quiz'),” wherein Lucy and Ricky appear on a quiz program, which episode is filmed this date in 1952.

Desi Arnaz and Arnaz Orchestra, perform (“I Love Lucy”) “Mr. and Mrs. TV Show”, (the fourth show held over from the previous season, in June - a strange thing occurred, since the Republican Party had purchased the half hour of time to show a filmed campaign commercial and, on some networks, it didn’t show for TV viewing until the following spring, long after the campaign was over), revolving around Lucy having lunch at 21 and talks a big advertising executive, John Litel, as Harvey Cromwell, into a morning TV show with both Ricardos - Episode #102 - judged a fan favorite, and which episode actually airs on its non-network affiliates, also co-starring Lee Millar (supporting cast member, Verna Felton's son), airing on this date in 1954.

Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, “Jazz Time”, starring Julie London, airing this date in 1957.

As Desi’s negotiations to buy RKO, the centerpiece, the Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, and the dropping of Studio One (Desi promising ‘double sales’ advertising within the year) alternately heated and stalled for the new hour programs, Lucille Ball escaped to Palm Springs with Hollywood Reporter Radie Harris, “I only spent three days as their house guest but, when I left, Lucille said she had seen more of Palm Springs in those three days than in the two years she and Desi had lived there,” this date in 1957.

Ted deCorsia, with Lucille Ball, guest cast member, CBS Radio, My Favorite Husband, 1948-51; guest Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America, 1954; guest, The Californians, 1957; guest Desilu Studios-filmed, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 1957; Desilu Productions', Official Detective two episodes, 1958; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed The Red Skelton Show, 1958; as well as Desilu Productions', The Untouchables, 1959, 1962, dies this date in 1973.

Buffalo News: “Accord Allows Lucy-Desi Museum to Reopen,” published this date in 2002.

Buffalo News: “Luci (sic)-Desi Museum Will Chart New Course,” published this date in 2002.

Palm Springs Life - 50th Anniversary collector’s edition: “The Arnazes loved Palm Springs, California; lived together there many years, and later, with second spouses, as reported in the of (its), with additional articles regarding William Asher, (‘I Love Lucy’) Director; one on Bob Hope, Lucille’s friend and co-star in several films; and Desi’s early career Radio employer”, April issue published this date in 2008.

April 12

Lily Pons, friend, mentor and early film-career co-star of Lucille Ball, 1935, 1936, is born this date in 1904.

Ann Miller, Lucille Ball early film-career friend and co-star, 1937; 2 films, 1938; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, 1940; with Desi Arnaz, Hedda Hopper's Hollywood No. 2, 1941; with Lucie Arnaz, The 35th and 36th Annual Tony Awards 1981, 1982; with Lucille and Lucie; Night of 100 Stars 1982; with Lucille and Desi, American Masters: Judy Garland, By Myself, 1983; with Lucille, archivally, That's Dancing, 1985; with Lucille, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, and Hollywood, The Golden Years: The RKO Story, 1987; as well as with Lucie and Desi Arnaz IV, Vivian Vance & William Frawley (Lucy's Mertzes), interviewee, Lucy-Desi: A Home Movie, 1993, and The Desilu Story, 2003, is born this date in 1923.

Jane Withers bought Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’ beloved first ‘ranchito’ home at Chatsworth; residing there many years; was one of the guests at Jamestown, NY’s First Legacy of Laughter Seminar, Tropicana Room, Desilu Playhouse, October 15, 2005; as well as appears GAB Entertainment's You Know The Face, Lucille, via archival footage, 2009, is born this date in 1926.

Lucille Ball appears with Red Skelton and George Tobias, CBS Radio’s The Gulf Screen Screen Guild Theater: “Tight Shoes,” this date in 1942.

LA Daily News, Erskine Johnson: “Lucille Ball replaces Hedy Lamarr in MGM’s Heavenly Body, due to salary dispute,” published this date in 1943.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz appear on CBS Radio’s Suspense, “Early to Death,” this date in 1951.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz appear on NY Sunday Mirror Magazine Section cover this date in 1953.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra, perform (“I Love Lucy”) “Lucy’s Club Dance,” the Wednesday Afternoon Fine Arts League once again needs money (veteran supporting cast member, Shirley Mitchell’s last appearance of three, as Marion Strong), as well as Doris Singleton, airing this date in 1954.

Jamestown Post Journal: Lucille Ball Buys Furniture From Jamestown –Desilu Production Chief Visits Jamestown – “H. E. Hamilton, vice president of Desilu, Inc., the company under which Jamestown’s Lucille Ball and her husband, Desi Arnaz, operate, confers with Earle O. Hultquist, president of Jamestown Royal Upholstery and Alldor M. Nord, president of Union-National, Inc., about furniture pieces purchased from the two local firms by the red-tressed TV star for the couple’s new home in Beverly Hills, California,” published this date in 1955.

Jamestown Post Journal, Charles Pokrandt: Tells Schoolmates They Better Write To Her, ‘Or Else’ – “We talked with Lucille Ball out in Hollywood last night and the local lass, who scaled to super-sonic heights as a motion picture and TV actress had a couple of things on her mind regarding her hometown. H.E. Hamilton, VP of Desilu, Inc., put in the call from his room in the Hotel Jamestown, while in Jamestown to purchase Jamestown-made furniture to grace the Arnaz’ new home in Beverly Hills (move-in date of May 13, 1955) to be shipped by chartered plane within the next couple of weeks”. Desilu, when first incorporated, had 23 employees; today, it has 761 on the permanent payroll,” published this date in 1955.

Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, “Bombshells”, with William Lundigan, Host; Art Gilmore, Announcer, co-starring Les Baxter, Joe E. Brown, Rhonda Fleming, Frankie Laine, Helen O'Connell, Nelson Riddle, and Jane Russell among others, airing this date in 1956.

Jess Oppenheimer, creator, (“I Love Lucy”) leaves the show to take an NBC executive post, this date in 1956.

Karl Freund, after supervising the photography on more than 400 telefilms for Desilu, wanting to return to motion pictures, [without Karl’s expertise and supreme talent as cinematographer and inventor (“I Love Lucy”) would have been diminished in its greatness] resigned this date in 1956.

The Lucy Show “Lucy, the Disc Jockey”, with co-star, Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz), who appears in her final official TV sitcom situation - Lucy having won a contest becomes a disc jockey for a day at a local radio show - the last show in this format, since Lucy “puts the kids in private school and moves to California” - finds Gale Gordon (Mr. Mooney) there on a bank transfer, airing this date in 1965.

Desert Magazine (Palm Springs): “Lucy Remembered,” published this date in 2000.

The Lucy Lounge Website - shemp: “TVShowsonDVD reports that The Mothers-in-Law, including the Desi pilots, including commentaries by Kaye Ballard, Madelyn Davis and Dann Cahn, “Let's Talk to Lucy”, Interviewee: Eve Arden; also, including The Carol Channing Show, with Jimmy Garrett, is coming July 27., possibly the best DVD release for 2010”, posted date in 2010.

April 13

William Tuttle, Award-winning Hollywood makeup artist - Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz film, The Long, Long Trailer 1954, is born this date in 1910.

Bob LeMond, television and radio announcer, and narrator, from 1948 to 1951, Lucille Ball’s My Favorite Husband, CBS’ radio program, and assisting with the unaired pilot of (“I Love Lucy”); as well as narrator, (“I Love Lucy”): The Very First Show 1990, is born this date in 1913.

Howard Keel, guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”), 1969; guest, Desilu Productions', ABC Late Night, “That's Entertainment! 50 Years of MGM”, 1974; as well as with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982, is born this date in 1919.

Lucille Ball appears in Fox Films, Bottoms Up, released this date in 1934.

LA Examiner, Joy of Living: “RKO picture, based on a story by Dorothy and Herbert Fields. Mad nonsense continues its celluloid reign on the screens, and when we say mad nonsense, we mean it – a whirlwind of laughs that will leave you gasping for breath, with Lucille Ball, playing the sister who wants to be an actress,” published this date in 1938.

Lucille Ball appears on Quick News Weekly cover on this date in 1953.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Lucy’s Fake Illness” - a re-run of Episode #16, with new footage, airs this date in 1953.

Lucille Ball appears in Saturday Evening Post this date in 1957.

Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance, William Frawley (Mertzes), and Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky, appear on an episode of The Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse Presents The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show: “Lucy Wants a Career”; Jerry Thorpe, Director; Jay Sandrich, Assistant Director; Bert Granet, Producer, Desi Arnaz, Executive Producer; guest co-starring Paul Douglas, who hires Lucy for a morning TV program, the last installment of this series before a live audience; guest co-starring, Sue Casey, Joi Lansing, Louis Nicoletti; and Doris Packer; with Bob Schiller and Bob Weiskopf, Writers; Madelyn Davis and Bob Carroll, Jr., Script Consultants; Wilbur Hatch, original music; Eliot Daniel, Composer, Theme Music; W. Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor; James A. Paisley, Production Manager (fourth of eight episodes, 1958-59); Dann Cahn, Editorial Supervisor; Hal King, Makeup Artist and Irma Kusely, Hair Stylist; Edward Stevenson, Miss Ball's Wardrobe; with Della Fox, Costumer for twelve episodes; with Charles West, Art Department; as well as Rerecording Editor, Jerry Rosenthal, airing this date in 1959.

Desilu Studios'-filmed, ABC My Three Sons, “The Wiley Method”, William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), as Michael Francis 'Bub' O'Casey; co-stars with Fred MacMurray, as Steve Douglas, Tim Considine, as Mike Douglas; Don Grady, as Robbie Douglas, Peter Brooks, as Hank Ferguson; Stanley Livingston, as Chip Douglas; with James A. Paisley, Production Manager/Supervisor, 36 episodes, 1960-61, airs this date in 1961.

William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), stars as Bill Turner, in his final film, Columbia Pictures, Safe at Home, co-starring Barbara Barry, Whitey Ford, Mickey Mantle, Flip Mark, Roger Maris, Joe Pepitone, among others, released this date in 1962.

Lucille Ball’s last film with Bob Hope, Warner Brothers’, Critics Choice, co-starring Jim Backus, Jerome Cowan, Richard Deacon, Jessie Royce Landis, Marilyn Maxwell, Rip Torn, Lurene Tuttle, and Marie Windsor; also co-starring long-time Lucy shows supporting cast members and/or guest co-stars, James Flavin, Sid Gould, Allan Ray, and Soupy Sales, in uncredited roles, is released this date in 1963.

Lucille Ball and Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz) appear on Syndicated The Mike Douglas Show, from Philadelphia, with Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, as co-hosts for the week, Lucille arrives, as a surprise guest, to reminisce with Harriet Nelson about their 1930’s RKO’ days; then, Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz) arrives as a surprise to Mike and Lucille, a great time enjoyed by all, airing this date in 1968.

Desilu Productions', The Mothers-in-Law, Desi Arnaz, Executive Producer, 56 episodes, 1967-1969, created by Madelyn Davis and Bob Carroll, Jr., script consultants, 2 episodes, 1967, with additional Lucy/Desilu veteran writers, Fred S. Fox, Seaman Jacobs, and Arthur Marx - Desi, Director, first episode, “On Again, Off Again, Lohengrin”, (plus 23 additional episodes 1967, 1968), co-starring Eve Arden, as Eve Hubbard; Kaye Ballard, as Kaye Buell; Richard Deacon, as Roger Buell, (26 episodes, 1968, 1969); Herb Rudley, as Herb Hubbard; Jerry Fogel, as Jerry Buell; and Deborah Walley, as Suzie Hubbard Buell, with Elliott Lewis, Director, 35 episodes, 1967-1969, Producer, 4 episodes, 1967-68; as well as Wilbur Hatch, Series Original Music, 9 episodes, 1967, 1968, and conductor/music supervisor, 2 episodes, 1967, the final episode airs on this date in 1969.

Lucille Ball appears on NBC, A Dinah Shore Special: “Like Hep” - Dinah, who had tired of weekly shows had retired in 1963, time given over to a morning daily show, and this ‘special’ was part of the deal, airing this date in 1969.

Larry Parks, Lucille Ball many-year friend; appears, uncredited, in a cameo role, as himself; with Lucille, 1947; as well as Desilu Productions', The Untouchables, 1961; dies this date in 1975.

Desi Arnaz IV stars in London-Cannon Films', The House of the Long Shadows, as Kenneth Magee, co-starring, among others, John Carradine and Vincent Price (Lucy), Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, and Richard Todd, airing in 1984.

Jamestown Post Journal - Region: Legacy of Laughter – TV Land To Honor Lucille Ball – “Lucie Arnaz [Lucille’s daughter] created a ‘Legacy of Laughter’ seminar to explore and celebrate the healing powers of laughter. Lucie and Desi Arnaz IV, on April 14, will be in LA to accept TV Land’s Legacy of Laughter Award on behalf of their mother, presented by Lucille’s good friend, comedienne, Carol Burnett. TV Land will premiere this event April 22”, published this date in 2007.

April 14

Lee Tracy, Lucille Ball’s early film-career co-star, 1935, 1939; as well as with Lucille via archival footage, The Big Parade of Comedy 1964, is born this date in 1898.

Edith 'Edie' Hirsh Arnaz, Desi Arnaz’ second wife, is born this date in 1917.

Mary Healy, partner and wife of Peter Lind Hayes, of early television Peter Lind Hayes and Mary Healy Show fame, friends of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz; guest, Desilu Productions', with Peter Lind Hayes, 1955, is born this date in 1918.

Joe Ruskin, co-star, Desilu Productions’ The Untouchables – as Louis 'Lepke' Buchalter, six episodes, from 1959-1963, guest, Kraft Mystery Theater, 1962; Lucille Ball guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1966, (“Here’s Lucy“), 1968; Desilu Productions' Mission Impossible, as 6 episodes, 1966-72, and co-star of Star Trek, 1968, as well as guest headliner, Lucy’s Birthday Celebration 2008, is born this date in 1924.

Rod Steiger, Presenter, Paddy Chayefsky tribute; appears with Lucille Ball, The 33rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, 1981; appears with Desi Arnaz IV, I Love Liberty, 1982; is born this date in 1925.

Bradford Dillman, guest co-star, Desilu Productions’, Here’s Hollywood, 1961; The Greatest Show on Earth, 1963 and Mission Impossible, 1968, is born this date in 1930.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Lucille Ball and date seen dining at the Brown Derby,” published this date in 1937.

“Philip Morris mogul, Alfred E. Lyons, makes a special trip to LA today, to view Episode #27, ”The Kleptomaniac” (“I Love Lucy”), in which Ricky assumes Lucy is stealing, with resulting hilarity. Morris has travelled to announce the contract signing for a second season, supporting cast, Joseph Kearns, airing this date in 1952.

(“I Love Lucy”) “The Tour,” an episode guest co-starring, Richard Widmark, wherein Lucy is banned from a luncheon, she and Ethel go on a bus tour, Lucille and Desi’s home on Roxbury Drive is filmed, as Widmark's, episode is filmed this date in 1955.

CBS’ The Lucy Show – 30-minutes, black & white – this is not a misprint, nor Miss Ball’s classic 1960’s sitcom. The re-runs of (“I Love Lucy”) on Sundays had done so well for CBS they decide to add this extra night of (“I Love Lucy”) re-runs on Saturdays in the very early evening. New graphics are made to reflect the change of title and sponsor this date in 1956.

Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz , Lucie Arnaz, and Desi Arnaz IV, the children making their first television appearance, star in a commercial to plug their Ford Company sponsor for the “Sun Valley” episode of the Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, on CBS’ 15-minute (Love of Life) popular day-time ‘live’ soap opera, its last episode, (which has been lost to the world), airing this date in 1958.

The Ford Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show: “Lucy Goes to Sun Valley”, guest co-starring Fernando Lamas, another attempt to make Ricky jealous, spoiled when Fred and Ricky appear in Sun Valley when they hadn’t been planning to attend, with Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky, oddly, the 'double' hired to depict Lucy skiing, broke her leg!; with Costumer for twelve episodes, Della Fox, and Rerecording Editor, Robert Reeve, airing this date in 1958.

Desilu Productions', The Greatest Show on Earth “This Train Don't Stop Til it Gets There”, starring Jack Palance, as Johnny Slate, co-starring, Spring Byington, Rory Calhoun, Andrew Dugan, Sally Kellerman, Agnes Moorhead, Sheree North, J. Pat O'Malley, and Deborah Walley, among others, airs this date in 1964.

LA Times, Hedda Hopper: “Fewer TV Shows for Vivian Vance” (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz), published this date in 1964.

CBS’ The Lucy Show - While each of Lucille Ball’s series has always gone on summer hiatus, selected re-runs of the show are aired in prime time instead of a summer replacement series, commencing March 24. The remaining weeks are re-runs for the first time in color from the series’ last three seasons (1965-68) on this date in 1969.

LA Times, Robert Wohls: “Angela: The ‘Mame’ Who Got Away,” published this date in 1974.

Fredric March, Lucille Ball early-film career co-star, 1934, appears Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 1954, 1956; dies this date in 1975.

Ellen Corby, supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”) Miss Hannah, dies this date in 1999.

Boston Globe, Mark Frenry: “A Better Candidate – Lucy a Choice for Mom in Manchurian Candidate,” published this date in 2002.

April 15

Florence Bates, Lucille Ball guest co-star, (“I Love Lucy”), 1952; Desilu Productions’ Our Miss Brooks, is born this date in 1888.

John Williams, The Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse presents The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show, 1959; Lucille film, A Guide for the Married Man 1967; and Desilu Productions’ Mission: Impossible, 1970, is born this date in 1903.

Hans Conried, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1942; veteran supporting cast member, Percy Livermore, (“I Love Lucy”), 2 episodes, 1952; Desilu Productions’ Cavalcade of America, 1955; guest co-star, Desilu Studios-filmed Make Room For Danny, 7 episodes 1956-63, The Red Skelton Show, 19557; Desilu Productions’ Whirlybirds, 1957; The Californians, 1958; The Lucy Show, 2 episodes, 1963; You Don't Say 1964; and Host, Desilu Studios-filmed Fractured Flickers, 26 episodes, 1963-64; as well as (“Here’s Lucy”), 1973, is born this date in 1917.

Michael Ansara, guest co-star Desilu Productions’, The Untouchables, 1960, 1961; and Star Trek, 1968, is born this date in 1922.

Elizabeth Montgomery, of Bewitched fame; guest co-star, Desilu Productions’ The Untouchables, 1960; as well as Here’s Hollywood 1961, is born this date in 1933.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll - Lights! Camera! Action!: “RKO is shooting a picture this week on a jungle movie set, covering 2 entire sound stages, complete with monkeys, birds and everything but insects. The picture Five Came Back, is what happens to passengers of an airliner wrecked in the Amazon - one of the co-stars is Lucille Ball,” published this date in 1939.

Robert Walker, Jr., son of Jennifer Jones and Robert Walker; Desi early film-career co-star; appears with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz Toast of the Town 1956; guest star, Desilu Productions' Star Trek, 1966, is born this date in 1940.

Hollywood Citizen News, James Francis Crow: “MGM says Lucille Ball will have the feminine lead in Meet the People - Vaughn Monroe’s orchestra and others, thus far assigned,” published this date in 1943.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “Horseback Riding,” episode #40, produced and directed by Jess Oppenheimer; written by Jess Oppenheimer, Madelyn Pugh & Bob Carroll, Jr., featuring Ruth Perrott, as Katy the Maid, original music by Marlin Skiles; conducted by Wilbur Hatch; announcer, Bob LeMond, sponsored by General Foods, JELL-O; with veteran supporting cast members, Frank Nelson and Doris Singleton, as well as Pinto Colvig and Alan Reed, airing this date in 1949.

William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), appears on NBC’s 30-minute Your Show Time: “The Lady or the Tiger,” airing this date in 1949.

Wallace Beery, Lucille Ball co-star, 1933; and appears with her via archival footage, The Big Parade of Comedy 1964, dies this date in 1949.

(“I Love Lucy”) “The Golf Game,” an episode guest co-starring, Jimmy Demaret, golfer, wherein Lucy and Ethel try to learn golf, is filmed this date in 1954.

W. Argyle Nelson, long-time associate of Lucille Ball and the Arnazes in later years, as Production Manager, on set of Desilu Productions', Our Miss Brooks, 34 episodes, 1955-56, commencing this date in 1955.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz finally decide to return as the Ricardos in the half-hour version, their sixth season, in 1956.

Jess Oppenheimer leaves the (“I Love Lucy”), ‘family’ to develop new shows for NBC, this date in 1956.

Lucille Ball appears in Life Magazine this date in 1957.

Lucille Ball is nominated for an Emmy for (“I Love Lucy”) Best Continuing Performance – Female – in a Series by a Comedienne, Singer, Hostess, Dancer, M.C., Announcer, Narrator, Panelist, or any Person who Essentially Plays Herself, 10th Annual Emmy Awards, airing this date in 1958.

Desilu Studios'-filmed The Red Skelton Show, co-starring Lon Chaney, Jr., Art Gilmore, among others; Dann Cahn, Editorial Supervisor; Claudio Guzman, Art Direction; James A. Paisley, Production Manager, airs this date in 1958.

Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, Desi Arnaz in charge of production; “The Man In The Funny Suit”, written, produced and directed by Ralph Nelson; Jack Aldworth, Assistant Director, starring Ned Glass, Max ‘Slapsie Maxie’ Rosenbloom, Rod Serling, Red Skelton, Ed and Keenan Wynn; with W. Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor, and James A. Paisley, Production Manager, airs this date in 1960.

The Lucy Show “Lucy and the Little League” - Season 1, Episode 28, - Viv and Lucy get too involved in their sons’ baseball games, guest co-starring Desi IV, airing this date in 1963.

Lucille Ball appears on Syndicated, Dinah! sings “Hey, Look Me Over,” from Lucille's stage play, Wildcat, and the two share an old-fashioned girl-talk session, airing this date in 1977.

Greta Garbo, one of Lucille Ball’s early career film star friends, dies this date in 1990.

Kerwin Coughlin, Casting Director, 20 episodes, (“I Love Lucy”) 1956-57, Desilu Productions' The Texan, 22 episodes, 1958-60; casting, 1 episode 1960, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, 13 episodes, 1957-60, Casting Department, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse 1958, Casting Director, Desilu Productions' The Scarface Mob 1959, and The Gun of Zangara 1960; Casting Director, Desilu Productions' U.S. Marshal 4 episodes 1959, Casting Department, 4 episodes, 1959-60, Casting Director, Desilu Productions' The Untouchables, 13 episodes, 1959-60, Casting Department, 28 episodes, 1959-60, Casting Director, The Facts of Life 1960, Casting Director, Desilu Studios-filmed The Joey Bishop Show unknown episodes, 1961; Casting Director, The Lucy Show, 9 episodes 1962-66, and Casting Department, 3 episodes, 1962-66; Casting Director, Desilu Studios-filmed The Jack Benny Show 1962; as well as Casting Director (“Here's Lucy”) 2 episodes, 1970, dies this date in 1999.

People Weekly – On The Block – Little Lucy's Lair - “Lucille Ball's childhood home, in the Village of Celoron, NY, recently sold on eBay, purchase price undisclosed. Does the new owner – a Florida retiree – love Lucy? All the broker would say is that the buyer intends to use the house as a summer retreat, not a shrine to the queen of comedy. Ball, who died in 1989, at 77, honed her act in the foyer of the 1200-sq. ft., three-bedroom abode from the age of 8, until midway through high school, hanging sheets on a wooden rod to create a mock stage. (Yes, children, such was a family life early in human evolution, before the invention of Nick at Nite.)”, published this date in 2002.

The Post-Journal, Area/State News, Luci (sic)-Desi Center Receives Donation: “Plan to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the premiere of Forever, Darling in Jamestown, NY, a San Francisco film collector made several donations to the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center. Ken Souza, film collector donates a 16mm print of the Forever, Darling trailer to the Center, and locally, Cecile Wilson, city resident donates three original photos of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz when they were in Jamestown for the World Premiere of Forever, Darling in February 1956. Dann Cahn, film editor for both (“I Love Lucy”) and Forever, Darling will be in attendance from Los Angeles, as well. Souza is donating frequent flyer miles to bring Ethel Mertz impersonator, Rhonda Medina, in from her home in Texas,” published this date in 2006.

Lueie Arnaz, stars as Sylvia, in Beat Pirate Film's, Wild Seven, writer/director, James M. Hausier, and co-starring Richard Roundtree, as Lee Marvin - Cleetus Woods; Robert Loggia, as Mackey Willis; Robert Forster, as Wilson; as well as many others, a dark vision of Arizona, when a man who breathes nothing but ill will begins a noxious domino effect as quickly as an uncontrollable virus kills;.the film re-opens at the Phoenix Film Festival on this date in 2007.

Paula Stewart's decorating skills for Lucy's New York apartment were featured in Architectural Digest, even though all the paintings were reproductions that were still wet when the photogs came to do the photo layout. Weir Al Yankovic not only did that great video Hey Ricky, but also a whole casette of the show's best scenes adorned by all the best musical numbers, a real treat to watch.

April 15th, Michael Ansara, was also the one time husband of Barbara Eden who also starred on ILL one time.

To my co-writer - thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks - will adjust accordingly.... keep 'em coming!!!! This thing will NEVER get finished for publication! :marionstrong: Love you, JK

To my co-writer - thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks - will adjust accordingly.... keep 'em coming!!!! This thing will NEVER get finished for publication! :marionstrong: Love you, JK

She didn't have that many, maybe he was her only hubby, i dunno, and surely he was the father of her son who comitted suicide. You'll need to check Wikipedia on that.

For Ann Miller, you can add that she was signed to an RKO contract BECAUSE Lucy brought Ann to the attention of the RKO honchos. Ann was always thankful to Lucy for the start of her career, Lucy and others also LIED for her as she was underage at the time.

FIXED on my copy of the chronology; should have said that for Pickfair and Desilu, as well....Love, JK

She didn't have that many, maybe he was her only hubby, i dunno, and surely he was the father of her son who comitted suicide. You'll need to check Wikipedia on that.

The many thanks were for the several questions you posed....

SHE (who?) hubby (who?) father/son (suicide? who?)

Wikipedia I got; the rest you lost me on....Love, JK

PS went back and read where the confusion is....now, I got it. I put the thanks on the Ansara death; but, it WAS for the QUESTIONS....

Can find no mention of his on Password with Lucille - can you narrow down the episode? Thanks....JK

It was a week of shows billed as Lucy and her friends, i took a week off from school to catch these thinking i'd see Bob Hope, Milton Berle and others, instead of that it was Mary Wickes and Dick Patterson and others, back then that bothered me, it wouldn't today.

My Three Sons - ABC 1960-65; CBS - 1965-72....

Really? Did not remember that, sorry. So i guess that was the reason Desi was angry at Bill for going to My Three Sons, it was on ABC instead of staying with a CBS show. Bill went for the job the minute he found out they were divorcing and the show was ending.

The many thanks were for the several questions you posed....

SHE (who?) hubby (who?) father/son (suicide? who?)

Wikipedia I got; the rest you lost me on....Love, JK

PS went back and read where the confusion is....now, I got it. I put the thanks on the Ansara death; but, it WAS for the QUESTIONS....

Barbara Eden and her hubby Mike Ansara and their son who committed suicide, so many famous people lost sons to suicide or some other type of tragedy at a young age, Mary Tyler Moore, Paul Newman, Bill Cosby to name but three.

I have to tell you Joyce, i just love reading your chronology for all the info that's in there and the memories it brings back of a time when show business was interesting and it's stars talented, not the cesspool of untalented and mostly unknown universe of reality crap we are saddled with today. The names , or many of them , must mean nothing to the younger fans, but i have fond memories of so many of these gifted performers who gave our lives such terrific entertainment at that time.

I have to tell you Joyce, i just love reading your chronology for all the info that's in there and the memories it brings back of a time when show business was interesting and it's stars talented, not the cesspool of untalented and mostly unknown universe of reality crap we are saddled with today. The names , or many of them , must mean nothing to the younger fans, but i have fond memories of so many of these gifted performers who gave our lives such terrific entertainment at that time.

Thanks, Claude, it's just for the historical value that I have become addicted to this thin' - 'someone' will find value, the family and close 'others', because no one, and I repeat, no one, has EVER put the 'history' that was Lucille Ball, in order. I have taken 6 years of my life to 'make an attempt' to do it; have found wonderful stuff to work with; and lots I have left out; because, I consider the 'memory', not the 'gossip' as more important - the conglomerate that was DESI-LU should be put in historical perspective; maybe my great grandchildren will see the value; because I sense that the Lucy fans will ALWAYS be Lucy fans; and down through the years, it's something should be done for every big star!!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I was told (by someone 'close to him') arrdubya wanted me to quit my work (WAY BACK in 2006) because he was jealous that I knew more about Lucy than he dud!!!! How foolish some people can be, astonishes me! Look where that and all other 'things' got him!!!! Out on the street!

Love, JK

Thanks, Claude, it's just for the historical value that I have become addicted to this thin' - 'someone' will find value, the family and close 'others', because no one, and I repeat, no one, has EVER put the 'history' that was Lucille Ball, in order. I have taken 6 years of my life to 'make an attempt' to do it; have found wonderful stuff to work with; and lots I have left out; because, I consider the 'memory', not the 'gossip' as more important - the conglomerate that was DESI-LU should be put in historical perspective; maybe my great grandchildren will see the value; because I sense that the Lucy fans will ALWAYS be Lucy fans; and down through the years, it's something should be done for every big star!!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I was told (by someone 'close to him') arrdubya wanted me to quit my work (WAY BACK in 2006) because he was jealous that I knew more about Lucy than he dud!!!! How foolish some people can be, astonishes me! Look where that and all other 'things' got him!!!! Out on the street!

Love, JK

Well, he was indeed a jealous opportunistic idiot, don't give him another thought. If someone like YOU had been running things there instead of him, the place would be more of a success today. I know you're not BIG on GOSSIP, too bad, it sure would sell more books, LOL!

It was a week of shows billed as Lucy and her friends, i took a week off from school to catch these thinking i'd see Bob Hope, Milton Berle and others, instead of that it was Mary Wickes and Dick Patterson and others, back then that bothered me, it wouldn't today.

Well, I accidentally, in editing, found the 'Special' - Password All-stars appearance(s) - 1/12-1/16/87 - now, to find it on the net; any ideas? I've tried tv.com, wiki, and imbd - the names of the 'other players' can't be found. If you can find it, let me know, and I'll go in and put the guests in their proper slot.... Thanks, JK

Well, I accidentally, in editing, found the 'Special' - Password All-stars appearance(s) - 1/12-1/16/87 - now, to find it on the net; any ideas? I've tried tv.com, wiki, and imbd - the names of the 'other players' can't be found. If you can find it, let me know, and I'll go in and put the guests in their proper slot.... Thanks, JK

Mary Wickes and Dick Patterson were two of them, i think gary and Viv might also have been included, i dunno about her kids, i'll have to check my copies to see if i have those or if i only have Mary and Dick.

A LITTLE ANNIVERSARY PRESENT FROM THE NEW KID ON THE BLOCK: I've only been posting as part of the Lounge for about 4 years, when Brock invited the 'formers' of the Center on to 'air their beefs' about the 'trouble' within the Center at the hands of arrdubya and company:

This will be in the April 6, 1946 chronology; but, just 'found' this little item yesterday, and thought you might be pleased to see it:

MGM’s, Ziegfeld Follies’ star-studded cast includes Lucille Ball, a panther tamer – a novelty of a film, with no plot; many stars; two-years in the making, also features William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), in a skit “A Sweepstakes Ticket.” Ziegfeld Follies is one of the top-grossing films this year, with upwards of 5.3 million dollars in ticket sales, although costing 3.2 million dollars to produce. This film wins the Cannes Film Festival Award for Musical Comedy, [An oddity - in an uncredited part of a chrous boy: Ricky Ricardi!!!] film released this date in 1946.

It's been my pleasure to join the 'family' here; and I greatly appreciate all the assistance you have given me on my chronology - keep ideas, etc., coming!!!!

Love, JK

Archived