What episodes are you watching on "Here's Lucy"?

Everything was always announced ahead of time, there were no real surprises on any show of Lucy's.

Not necessarily. I think by this point, she (Viv) would have been announced as appearing but not brought out so that there WOULD be a huge reaction (not that there wouldn't be!) when she appears in the scene.

But what do I know?? ;)

Not necessarily. I think by this point, she (Viv) would have been announced as appearing but not brought out so that there WOULD be a huge reaction (not that there wouldn't be!) when she appears in the scene.

But what do I know?? ;)

You do know because that's exactly what happened, of course EVERYBODY was announced in advance but not brought out before the show started for maximum impact.

You do know because that's exactly what happened, of course EVERYBODY was announced in advance but not brought out before the show started for maximum impact.

What about the "surprise" cameos from people like Jack Benny in "The Hollywood Unemployment Follies" and "Lucy & The Celebrities" for instance?

What about the "surprise" cameos from people like Jack Benny in "The Hollywood Unemployment Follies" and "Lucy & The Celebrities" for instance?

I wasn't referring to cameos, the best one being Ralph the bus driver on the Benny ep with Jackie Gleason surprising everyone. And the money as lettuce was probably a great ad lib of his too.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm watching $23.50 to try and make myself like it............I'm maybe getting a couple more laughs this time round but I can't help but get sidetracked by Van's eyeshadow and blush! He looks like a drag queen with all that makeup! :lucythrill:

I feel the same way... I would have enjoyed that episode sooo much more if VAN didn't look like he did his makeup in the dark and if they didn't name that damn cow ETHEL... and singing to it?? REALLY.. when has VAN JOHNSON been known for his crooning??? What is the demographic for this crap??? People who know Van would know he's not a singer .. showcased singing to a cow? c'mon when is that ever funny except on HEE HAW.... and people who don't know VAN are thinking why is he trying to look prettier than LUCY!

As long as the animal ones aren't there, no Gorboona for me thank you very much! Most anything else is just fine.

YOU know something? I bet I am alone here.. but I have to say.. since we have to suspend reality most of the time when watching Here's Lucy... when that GARBOONA shoots her with the dart and she moves in "slow motion" and that vine moves in "slow motion" I just cracked up.. it was soo over the top that I thought it was the best damn moment in the episode.. and when she fell down and her feet went up and down slow.. I thought.. "you go girl.. you did that in front of a live audience with no pickups.. you really are great"... but then it went back to crap land after that moment... Here's Lucy has moments.. after all of the seasons are released.. I would like to compile a Here's Lucy moments dvd.. I would rather watch that than sit through all the tedious boredom waiting for the "moment" to arrive!

YOU know something? I bet I am alone here.. but I have to say.. since we have to suspend reality most of the time when watching Here's Lucy... when that GARBOONA shoots her with the dart and she moves in "slow motion" and that vine moves in "slow motion" I just cracked up.. it was soo over the top that I thought it was the best damn moment in the episode.. Yup, pretty damned sure you are alone here, LOL! :lucythrill:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a HL mini-marathon consisting of:

- Lucy Sells Craig to Wayne Newton

- Lucy's Birthday

- Lucy's Working Daughter

- Lucy The Fixer

- Lucy & Carol Burnett

(...and has The Carol Channing Show for dessert)

There are many many things or comments you and Harry and Neil and Joey and others have said about Lucy's shows over the years we have been together on these boards but i have to say YOUR best comment was making me wise that Lucy the Fixer is one of the best shows she ever did, classic Laurel and Hardy with Lucy and Gale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

- Lucy Runs the Rapids

- Lucy & Harry's Tonsils

- Lucy & The Andrews Sisters

- Lucy's Burglar Alarm

I always forget how great the first half of Burglar Alarm is -- particularly the first scene with the hold-up guy. Too bad the second half falls completely flat -- despite their best pyrotechnic efforts.

• 3 weeks later...