The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

313491.jpg

Betty White: In Black & White

Synopsis

If you've been anywhere near the planet Earth in recent weeks, you may have noticed that legendary comedienne Betty White has become a worldwide sensation, culminating in her stellar performance hosting Saturday Night Live. Betty White: In Black and White is the first comprehensive and incredibly entertaining retrospective of the birth of Bettymania. Experience several episodes from Betty's first acclaimed hit series, Life with Elizabeth (1953–55), along with Betty's own daytime series The Betty White Show. Included also is an incredibly rare episode from November 1954 where Betty sings, dances, and is joined by surprise guest Rin Tin Tin, plus a heartfelt message from Martin & Lewis!

The DVD also includes a key episode from Betty's second series from 1957, Date with the Angels featuring Bill Williams, Richard Deacon (Mel on The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Nancy Kulp (Beverly Hillbillies). The Betty White Show (1958), is another "lost series" included with the DVD and showcases live sketches, singing and dancing and a variety of guest stars. Well over 3 hours in the evolution of a superstar!

This video history contains: Two classic episodes from Life with Elizabeth: "Whistler's Sister" and "Nursery Rhymes" from The Betty White Show (1954), Betty delivers live commercials for Geritol and the 7–Day Diet Plan; and two classic episodes from Date with the Angels: "Return of the Wheel" and "Tree on the Driveway" from The Betty White show (1958): Episodes "Vacation" and "Jealousy".

Product Format Information

DVD : $10.49

• Availability: PRE-ORDER: Available 12/07/2010
  • Region Code: 1
  • UPC: 778854179493
  • Catalog #: DV3134912
  • Studio: VCI Home Video
  • Languages: English Stereo

Click here for more info: Betty White DVD @ TLA Video

If you've been anywhere near the planet Earth in recent weeks, you may have noticed that legendary comedienne Betty White has become a worldwide sensation, culminating in her stellar performance hosting Saturday Night Live. Betty White: In Black and White is the first comprehensive and incredibly entertaining retrospective of the birth of Bettymania. Experience several episodes from Betty's first acclaimed hit series, Life with Elizabeth (1953–55), along with Betty's own daytime series The Betty White Show. Included also is an incredibly rare episode from November 1954 where Betty sings, dances, and is joined by surprise guest Rin Tin Tin, plus a heartfelt message from Martin & Lewis!

The DVD also includes a key episode from Betty's second series from 1957, Date with the Angels featuring Bill Williams, Richard Deacon (Mel on The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Nancy Kulp (Beverly Hillbillies). The Betty White Show (1958), is another "lost series" included with the DVD and showcases live sketches, singing and dancing and a variety of guest stars. Well over 3 hours in the evolution of a superstar!

This video history contains: Two classic episodes from Life with Elizabeth: "Whistler's Sister" and "Nursery Rhymes" from The Betty White Show (1954), Betty delivers live commercials for Geritol and the 7–Day Diet Plan; and two classic episodes from Date with the Angels: "Return of the Wheel" and "Tree on the Driveway" from The Betty White show (1958): Episodes "Vacation" and "Jealousy".

That sounds like a steal at that price! I'll definitely pick that one up.

Was very pleasantly surprised to see my Betty t-shirt has finally arrived. :D I've hung it up on my bedroom wall. I love the Betty tag that comes attached to it, and is printed in place of a label on the inside:

bettyshirt1.jpg

bettyshirt2.jpg

Betty will be on the upcoming cover of AARP magazine:

Exclusive Interview Only in the November/December Issue of AARP The Magazine

WASHINGTON, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- At age 88, Betty White is undeniably the hottest woman in Hollywood. Fresh off of filming "You Again," a new feature film starring Jamie Lee Curtis (whose sexy pose in a swimming pool on the May/June 2008 cover of AARP The Magazine was a media sensation), Betty White and Kristen Bell, the three stars spoke exclusively with AARP The Magazine in a revealing conversation about friendship, aging, plastic surgery, sex and regrets. In an historic first, AARP The Magazine features three remarkable actresses from three generations, each at the top of her game, talking candidly and sharing cross-generational advice and insights that span insecurities, love, loss, happiness and longevity.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070209/NYF043LOGO)

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20070209/NYF043LOGO)

ON AGING IN THE HOLLYWOOD SPOTLIGHT

Curtis: "I'm blessed with good health and have more energy than a 14-year-old. But I'm just now starting to feel my age and the beginning of my limitations...It's not a big deal, but it's an adjustment."

Bell: "I'm in a peculiar situation because I believe I am the only woman in Hollywood trying to age up. I've always been small, and I have a high-pitched voice and a youthful face. Personally, I feel that life is like cheese: it just gets better with age. Some of the greatest women I know, two of whom are present, have aged so gracefully and have the smartest things to say."

White: "The less you worry about it, the less you think about it…I love that age has its privileges. You've seen enough to be interested in many different things and make time for them. You can't do that as a youngster because you're so into yourself…Everybody says to me, 'We're so glad you're back.' But I've been working for 63 years!"

ON GOOD GENES AND BAD PLASTIC SURGERY

Curtis: "There are people who, when you see them on the screen, there's an audible gasp of "Oh my God." They look terrible—or they've done something to themselves and now look like freaks…There is only one Meryl Streep and one Sigourney Weaver. But I could name 30 other actresses in their [age] groups who aren't working today. Me, I'm getting my ass out of this business in a few years because genetically it's not going to work for me."

Curtis: [speaking of Betty] "She's 88 and hotter in Hollywood than anyone I know except maybe Justin Bieber!"

Bell: "Why are we all playing this gigantic game of trying to be who we were five years ago?"

Curtis: "Because everybody is saying that to get jobs you have to dye your hair and get injectables. It's a conspiracy, a complete catastrophe, a surgical industrial complex. Somehow we are being fed this belief that to continue on we have to do this. Yet people are being disfigured. It's shocking what people are doing to their faces."

ON SEX: IT GETS (BLANK) WITH AGE

Curtis: "Deeper over time."

White: "I don't have a fella, but if Allen—or Robert Redford—were around, we'd have a very active sex life. Does desire melt away with age? I'm waiting for the day to come. Sexual desire is like aging—a lot of it's up here [points to her head]."

Bell: "It gets sweeter—and more fun. But whether you have an enormous libido—like my friend Betty—or none at all, there is no norm. There are different bodies, boobs, people."

ON FRIENDSHIP AND WOMEN

White: "I'm bleeding over losing Ruesy [the late actress and Golden Girls co-star Rue McClanahan], who was my dear friend. But as much as I love my friends, I wouldn't think of going out to lunch with a woman. I can't think of anything less interesting, except hen parties and showers—and I avoid them like the plague."

Curtis: "I love my husband, and have been married a very long time, but I would feel completely inadequate without a good group of girlfriends.

Bell: "I have a lot of 'pick up and put down' friends whom I haven't talked to in months, but I can pick up the phone and it's as though we've spoken every day for the last 10 years. Maybe this is my generation's thing."

ON REGRETS AND HITTING "REWIND"

White: "I would not have married my first or second husbands. I married my first because we wanted to sleep together. It lasted six months, and we were in bed for six months. The second time I was deeply in love, but he wanted me to get out of show business—a deal breaker. Both marriages helped me to appreciate the real thing when it came along."

Curtis: "Would I do a few things over as a mother? Sure…I'm not a big regretter—maybe a couple of hairdos in the '70s."

Bell: "Every experience has made me who I am, but if I had to choose, I guess I would have raised my glove and caught the softball that sent me to homecoming with two black eyes."

An image of the November/December cover of AARP The Magazine featuring Betty White, Jamie Lee Curtis and Kristen Bell is available upon request.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/betty-white-jamie-lee-curtis-and-kristen-bell-grace-the-cover-of-aarp-the-magazine-and-candidly-discuss-sex-plastic-surgery-friendship-and-bettys-life-long-crush-on-robert-redford-in-a-new-exclusive-interview-103652979.html

Betty was on Craig Ferguson unannounced last night as a paparazzo. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srPl5_MNlV0

SHE'S EVERYWHERE! I saw that BIT on Craig's, it stank, anybody ever tell her about OVEREXPOSURE? Would love to see her in that YOU AGAIN movie though, she should stick to the big projects like that movie and say no to the fluff. Did you guys see her with that signing Gorilla? They showed it one one of her many talk show appearances, the gorilla pointed to keys to let her in with her and pulled her in to cuddle with her and we all know how much Betty loves animals, it was so sweet.

anybody ever tell her about OVEREXPOSURE?

Why don't you write her a letter? ;)

Would love to see her in that YOU AGAIN movie though, she should stick to the big projects like that movie and say no to the fluff. Did you guys see her with that signing Gorilla? They showed it one one of her many talk show appearances, the gorilla pointed to keys to let her in with her and pulled her in to cuddle with her and we all know how much Betty loves animals, it was so sweet.

Okay, you've redeemed yourself. :P

Why don't you write her a letter? ;)

Okay, you've redeemed yourself. :P

Bubbela, relax, i'm just saying they want her on any show to boost ratings and they are giving her bad material, it's like what they did to Lucy, they figure they have a BIG name so that alone will pull in the viewers, it works better with good material. Betty guest starred on Community, it got 5 million viewers, Big Bang Theory at the exact same time pulled in three times the audience. Betty hosting SNL got huge ratings, her appearances on award shows boost ratings, but when they expect her to save a lousy show like Community or liven up that horrid Craig Ferguson show with a sketch that's not funny, that's bad for an up and coming debutante like Betty, LOL! :lol:

Sneak Peek at Betty's Inside The Actors Studio appearance tomorrow night:

http://blog.zap2it.c...-white-cry.html

The video is unavailable in Canada ( <_< ), so I have no idea what the clip is, but enjoy!

Brock, I hope you got to see this -- it was wonderful! I couldn't record it due to some issues I'm having with my cable box & DVR connection at the moment (don't ask!) but hopefully, they'll rebroadcast it enough where I can get it then.

The woman is simply a treasure and I for one am thrilled that she's finally getting her due -- and we're all the BETTYier for it! tongue.gif

Brock, I hope you got to see this -- it was wonderful! I couldn't record it due to some issues I'm having with my cable box & DVR connection at the moment (don't ask!) but hopefully, they'll rebroadcast it enough where I can get it then.

The woman is simply a treasure and I for one am thrilled that she's finally getting her due -- and we're all the BETTYier for it! tongue.gif

I was able to download it at 1 o'clock this morning via Rapidshare! :lol: I still have to watch the last half, but the first half is FANTASTIC!

Vanity Fair and 60 Minutes have named Betty the fourth most eligible bachelorette in the world!! :lol: !!! (Just behind Jennifer Aniston, Halle Berry, and Elin Nordegren):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1317775/Jennifer-Aniston-named-worlds-eligible-single-woman-beating-88-year-old-Betty-White-fourth-place.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Vanity Fair and 60 Minutes have named Betty the fourth most eligible bachelorette in the world!! :lol: !!! (Just behind Jennifer Aniston, Halle Berry, and Elin Nordegren):

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

What's left for our gal to conquer?? Besides Robert Redford, that is... and I for one would LOVE to see them work together! cool.gif