The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

Yeah, like he has never done that himself. And funny you should bring up that tramp, Sue Ann, i was going to start off my question to you by saying something to the effect that Sue Ann would have drooled over that guy . . . The fact alone that Betty White, at 89, still makes those LONGING FOR ROBERT REDFORD jokes makes it appropriate for this thread, LOL!

How in the world is it possible that Betty never even met Robert Redford? I wonder if they can get him to show up at her 90th birthday party!!

How in the world is it possible that Betty never even met Robert Redford? I wonder if they can get him to show up at her 90th birthday party!!

Hey, it's a BIG town and they dun't hang out in the same circles her being more TV and him being more FILM, Lucy used to complain about that all the time.

I guess Betty didn't go to the premiere of Ordinary People starring Mary Tyler Moore and directed by Robert Redford. I think Betty has said she doesn't want to meet Redford - she would be too nervous. He did send her a long letter after hearing her talk about him so often on TV.

Talking about him? She puts out a newsletter on him every day, stalker is more like it! :ph34r:

Missed Betty doing the top ten on Letterman last night but caught her on Regis and Betty this morning, she was great but the guests were so lousy that i signed off after the talking segment that opens the show, she and Reege were terrific together but you'd think they would have tailered the guests more towards her, i mean Blake Lively and Jeff Gordon? Really?

Missed Betty doing the top ten on Letterman last night but caught her on Regis and Betty this morning, she was great but the guests were so lousy that i signed off after the talking segment that opens the show, she and Reege were terrific together but you'd think they would have tailered the guests more towards her, i mean Blake Lively and Jeff Gordon? Really?

I don't think she minded hottie Gordon one bit, do you?? ;)

I wouldn't know, i tuned out when the first guest came out, you'd think they could have had someone more suited to HER, that's all.

Oh, please! Accommodate a revered guest?? It might be too much trouble! Didya notice how uncomfortable BW looked in those damn high chairs they use for seating?? And that she didn't get up and down to greet each guest once she was planted in the chair? Why in the world they couldn't make an exception for her and use a "regular" couch or facing chair set up as most other talk shows do so that she'd be comfortable is BEYOND me!! Ugh!

It would have been nice too if Regis had paid closer attention to what she was actually saying so that when she paid him a compliment on his outfit, he would have had the common courtesy to thank her. Putz!

lucythrill.JPG

Hasn't aired here yet but I'm sure Fallon will --as usual-- be fallin' (groan!) all over her. Here's hoping! ;)