The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

I STILL watch Funniest Videos after all these years, N E V E R liked Candid Camera though and how many times is a runaway rascal scooter with an old man screaming, faking needing help, FUNNY?

LOL! They've done scooter gags several times on "Rockers." Really they should have called it "Old People Are Still Having Sex" because most of the gags are about sex. The weirdest gag to me, was when they had an old woman ask a young woman to sign a petition promising not to reproduce because she wasn't attractive. I thought that was offensive, but someone liked it because it was in the best of show too. They also did a gag that fell flat because it involved Adam West and the person (gag-ee?) was too young to know who Adam West was.

LOL! They've done scooter gags several times on "Rockers." Really they should have called it "Old People Are Still Having Sex" because most of the gags are about sex. The weirdest gag to me, was when they had an old woman ask a young woman to sign a petition promising not to reproduce because she wasn't attractive. I thought that was offensive, but someone liked it because it was in the best of show too. They also did a gag that fell flat because it involved Adam West and the person (gag-ee?) was too young to know who Adam West was.

O M G those are hilarious! I guess they aimed it at sex as they consider Betty the NEW dirty little old lady thanks to Hot in Cleveland. They think, hey, we can can get easy laughs by joking about sex, seeing as writing funny shows is beyond their capabilities.

The ratings were even up a little in the major demographic sponsors are always looking for BUT, seems nobody DVR'd the show and the ratings were down lately. NBC was using it as filler, two together to help themselves, not the show itself. Betty deserves better anyway and she still has the Hot in Cleveland show and all her other activities, so i'm not concerned about this cancellation.

She hardly had anything to do with the show, anyway. They just used her name.

Well, the title BETTY WHITE'S OFF YOUR ROCKERS surely led everyone to believe she was heavily involved with it. Aren't the tie ins even filmed in what is supposed to be HER house?

Evidently the Emmys liked Betty on Rockers for a second year running! :lucythrill:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Joanne Worley gets an award in Betty's honour:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/Photo-Coverage-The-Betty-White-Inspirational-Award-Goes-to-The-Search-Dog-Foundation-20130930

Three observatons:

1. THE MOVIE STAR (!!!) fills in for no one. Connie was simply keeping her spot warm on the guest list.

2. Tippi Hedren seems to be morphing into June Lockhart. When did this start happening?

3. In Photo #8, Joanne is ready to play Grab That Dough!.

• 2 weeks later...

Joanne Worley gets an award in Betty's honour:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/Photo-Coverage-The-Betty-White-Inspirational-Award-Goes-to-The-Search-Dog-Foundation-20130930

Three observatons:

1. THE MOVIE STAR (!!!) fills in for no one. Connie was simply keeping her spot warm on the guest list.

2. Tippi Hedren seems to be morphing into June Lockhart. When did this start happening?

3. In Photo #8, Joanne is ready to play Grab That Dough!.

O M G, such great pictures, and so many we haven't seen in a while, and you were right about Tippi.  Wonder if she used one of her tigers for that dress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...