The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

Who the hell does this unpleasant peasant think she is?!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/betty-whites-domestic-employee-sues-for-labor-code-violations/

It took her two decades to have this profound realization?

Geez an opportunist perhaps??  It doesn't usually take two months let alone 20 YEARS to figure out you're unhappy working for someone (trust me!!)...  Sounds like someone looking for a payday.... and it's hard to believer Bets would be anything but considerate, thoughtful and generous to work for ...but then I'm admittedly biased.  :peachonthebeach:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if any of you might have seen RadarOnline's article where some idiot claims Betty may have early onset Alzheimer's and that she had a breakdown because she couldn't remember her lines at her Crowded appearance. Thankfully, Betty's rep has stepped forward to say everything is tip top as usual.

Truth! And nothing about this topic is amusing but I would say she's definitely slowed down alot since the end of HIC.  Note how you rarely see her standing or walking for long (last time I saw her appear on a talk show she was already seated upon appearing, she had no on-camera entrance) and if she is standing or walking, she's hanging onto someone or something and then not for long before the camera cuts away.

She's also noticeably slower on the uptake on the debacle that is ABC's update of To Tell the Truth (listen carefully to the current promo running in which she responds to the statement that the panelist has the world's longest tongue :blink: her response is slightly "garbled" at the end and not as "snappy" timing-wise as it would have been just a few years ago.)

Frankly, ribald remarks and "jokes" along those lines are, with Babs advancing years, becoming increasingly smarmy and kinda squirm-inducing.  Oy! :lucyhmm:

Truth! And nothing about this topic is amusing but I would say she's definitely slowed down alot since the end of HIC. Note how you rarely see her standing or walking for long (last time I saw her appear on a talk show she was already seated upon appearing, she had no on-camera entrance) and if she is standing or walking, she's hanging onto someone or something and then not for long before the camera cuts away.

She's also noticeably slower on the uptake on the debacle that is ABC's update of To Tell the Truth (listen carefully to the current promo running in which she responds to the statement that the panelist has the world's longest tongue :blink: her response is slightly "garbled" at the end and not as "snappy" timing-wise as it would have been just a few years ago.)

Frankly, ribald remarks and "jokes" along those lines are, with Babs advancing years, becoming increasingly smarmy and kinda squirm-inducing. Oy! :lucyhmm:

It's true she's slowed down, but at least she's still active! When I think of how my grandma was at 94 (wheelchair, dementia, only ate popcorn) Bets could be an Olympic gymnast compared to her!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did some snooping, and Betty's segment was filmed at The Pacific Dining Car, which is allegedly a restaurant she frequents. There are two locations- one in downtown LA and another on Wilshire Boulevard in Santa Monica. Just in case our West Coast friends want to do some celebrity hunting.

Did they say that they shot there because it's a place she actually frequents? I missed it, was she plugging something?? This locale would make sense, I've often wondered where the "old guard" ended up after the Hamburger Hamlet on Sunset closed a few years ago. Probably the Santa Monica location since it's closer to Brentwood than schlepping downtown, I'm guessing.

Let's get to hunting celebrities where they gather in a big herd!! :HALKING:

• 2 weeks later...