The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

What do you SPECT from a coked up, stoned up boozed up guy who's too rich and powerful to not get away with all this bad boy behavior? :lucydisgust:

Gee, when you think about it, sounds like a certain Cuban heel from back in the day!! At least back then, the whole world wasn't in on the bad behavior, since there were no such things as papparazzi and TMZ and PearAss Hilton (scumbag!) to tout their indescretions to the entire world....it remained pretty much contained here in LaLa.... Kinda too bad it's STILL not that way.

This bonehead has the best gig he's ever had -- or GONNA have! -- at nearly TWO MILLION an EPISODE (Desi'd be rolling over in his grave if he weren't cremated!!) for his dubious talents and he repeatedly threatens to piss it all away. What little respect for his talent or whatever you want to call it (he is integral to the success of the show) I have no more as I will never understand those that are born with a silver spoon in their mouths and they don't appreciate how good they have it. Idiot! obrien.gif

Gee, when you think about it, sounds like a certain Cuban heel from back in the day!! At least back then, the whole world wasn't in on the bad behavior, since there were no such things as papparazzi and TMZ and PearAss Hilton (scumbag!) to tout their indescretions to the entire world....it remained pretty much contained here in LaLa.... Kinda too bad it's STILL not that way.

This bonehead has the best gig he's ever had -- or GONNA have! -- at nearly TWO MILLION an EPISODE (Desi'd be rolling over in his grave if he weren't cremated!!) for his dubious talents and he repeatedly threatens to piss it all away. What little respect for his talent or whatever you want to call it (he is integral to the success of the show) I have no more as I will never understand those that are born with a silver spoon in their mouths and they don't appreciate how good they have it. Idiot! obrien.gif

Oooooooooh, well said and my feelings exactly! :lucyhorror:

Betty will be on the cover of this Sunday's Parade Magazine. Here is the excellent interview and profile that features in it:

main-betty-white.jpg

Like kids with candy on Halloween, Americans can’t get enough of Betty White. After more than 200 TV and movie appearances over six decades (including her latest, the TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland), she’s one of the best-known faces around. But she still has a few secrets to reveal:

Betty will not be your Friend.

At least not on Facebook. After over half a million Facebook users became fans of the “Betty White to Host SNL (please?)!” page—resulting in her May 8 Saturday Night Live hosting gig—you’d think she would be the social network’s biggest booster. But White’s monologue chiding Facebook—she said it “sounds like a huge waste of time”—wasn’t just shtick. The self-described “technological spaz” is leery of the Internet, especially of the way it can spread baseless rumors. Exhibit A: That she’s going to play the Almighty in a remake of Oh, God! “Absolutely false! Forget it! No way!” she says.

She’s no cougar.

White may lust after Robert Redford (who is 14 years her junior), but she insists, “I’ve always liked older men. They’re just more attractive to me. Of course, at my age there aren’t that many left!” Apparently, that hasn’t presented much of an obstacle. “I’ve enjoyed the opposite sex a lot,” says White, whose beloved husband of 18 years, Allen Ludden, died in 1981. “Always have. Always will.”

Betty White dresses up for our cameras — see the exclusive photos!

She was 90210 before there even was a 90210.

The Chicago-born White moved to Beverly Hills when she was a year-and-a-half. “I don’t think California was even a state yet,” she jokes. “I’m pretty sure it was still a territory.”

She’s a stair master…

Every weekday, White gets up at 6, feeds her dog, showers, works on a book, heads to the set (whether TV, movie, or commercial) for a day of shooting, comes home, plays with her dog, does a crossword puzzle, writes some more, and goes to bed at 1:30 a.m. (It tires us out just writing this.) How does she stay in shape? “I have a two-story house and a bad memory, so I’m up and down those stairs all the time,” she says. “That’s my exercise.”

…But she likes her junk food, too.

A devoted meat-and-potatoes gal, White eats fries every night (along with a salad or vegetable) and has a hot dog named after her at the legendary Pink’s in Los Angeles (“It’s called ‘Betty “Naked in the City” Hot Dog’…because I don’t put anything on it”). On the set of Hot in Cleveland, her co-star Wendie Malick says, “Betty has a complete thing for Red Vines licorice, the most disgusting candy I ever tasted—with a color that’s not found in nature. But you look at her and think, How does she do it? Maybe that’s her secret.” What does White credit her good health to? “Good genes, I guess. My dad died when he was 83 and my mom died at 85. They were active right up until the very end.”

Photos: Halloween in Hollywood

Her parents passed down their comic timing—and puppy love.

“They had delicious senses of humor,” White recalls. Her father was a traveling salesman who would bring home jokes from the road. He and her mother were also animal people. “They would come back from a walk with a dog, saying, ‘Betty, he followed us home. Can we keep him?’ My parents had a cat named Toby who liked to sit on my crib. My mom always said that if Toby hadn’t approved of the baby, she’d have gone straight back to the hospital.”

She loves her Pontiac.

When White was offered the part of Ryan Reynolds’ grandmother in 2009’s The Proposal, she turned it down because the shoot would have required several weeks away from Pontiac, her beloved golden retriever. She signed on only after the producers tightened the schedule. White, who has three stepchildren, has always loved animals. She’s chairwoman of the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association and has volunteered for 40 years with the Morris Animal Foundation, a Denver-based group whose efforts have led to advances in the health and welfare of animals worldwide.

You can call her DOCTOR White.

In 2007, Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, Calif., made her an honorary doctor of humane veterinary sciences. “You see her on TV, but what surprised me was how brilliant she was. She tracks issues as well as anyone,” says Dr. Patricia Olson, Morris Animal Foundation president and CEO.

Nobody drives Miss Betty.

Ask White if she still drives and she replies, “Of course!” She owns a silver Cadillac nicknamed Seagull. “I love Cadillacs and name them after birds.” Her previous ride, the pale-yellow Canary, was preceded by the green Parakeet.

She’s a pinup girl.

Move over, Bettie Page. In 2011, walls across America will showcase 12 months of White—strutting with a boom box, lounging with shirtless menservants, and more. And following in the footsteps of Sienna Miller and the Olsen twins, White has recently unveiled a line of T-shirts and sweatshirts. “I wanted them to feature dogs and cats, but the designers insisted on putting my face on the front,” she says in mock astonishment. A portion of the money from the calendar and from the Betty White Collection will benefit the Morris Animal Foundation.

She believes everyone should have the right to say “I do.”

White’s status as a gay icon dates to the mid-80’s popularity of The Golden Girls. “Gays love old ladies,” she says of the phenomenon, which saw fans from West Hollywood to New York City turn on their TVs between 9 and 9:30 on Saturday nights to watch the exploits of Rose & Co. “I don’t care who anybody sleeps with. If a couple has been together all that time—and there are gay relationships that are more solid than some heterosexual ones—I think it’s fine if they want to get married. I don’t know how people can get so anti-something. Mind your own business, take care of your affairs, and don’t worry about other people so much.”

Photos: Hollywood's Living Legends

She plays to win…

Once a month or so, White and “family”—pals like Frasier’s Millicent Martin (who played Jane Leeves’ mother) and Password creator Bob Stewart—get together for poker night. “It’s a heavy game,” White says. “You can lose as much as five dollars!” When she was a guest on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon in 2009 and again in May, Fallon challenged her to beer pong. “I explained that you try to throw ping-pong balls into the other person’s beer cup,” he said. “If you get the ball in, your opponent drinks. She said, ‘I’m in!’” and nailed her first toss. “Betty plays the cute factor,” Fallon says, “then goes for the jugular.” He rallied—“I wasn’t going down without a fight”—and eventually won.

…But she can take a hit.

If you didn’t see this year’s Snickers Super Bowl commercial—where White and Abe Vigoda get slammed in a football game—consider this: Golden Girls writer Marc Cherry (who went on to create Desperate Housewives) recalls that on his first day on the job, his writing partner jokingly threw a piece of bologna at him in the cafeteria. “I ducked, and Betty happened to be behind me,” he remembers. “It hit her in the face. Without missing a beat, she peeled it off, shook it at us, and said, ‘Don’t you know I’m a star? I’m a goddamn star!’ and then she laughed. That’s the thing about Betty—she gets the joke.”

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/2010/10/betty-white-goes-wild.html

And the cover:

betty.jpg

:peachonthebeach::professor:

She believes everyone should have the right to say “I do.â€

White’s status as a gay icon dates to the mid-80’s popularity of The Golden Girls. “Gays love old ladies,†she says of the phenomenon, which saw fans from West Hollywood to New York City turn on their TVs between 9 and 9:30 on Saturday nights to watch the exploits of Rose & Co. “I don’t care who anybody sleeps with. If a couple has been together all that time—and there are gay relationships that are more solid than some heterosexual ones—I think it’s fine if they want to get married. I don’t know how people can get so anti-something. Mind your own business, take care of your affairs, and don’t worry about other people so much.â€

And I thought I couldn't love this woman more than I already do.... ha! Wrong again! You rock, Miss White!! Long may you reign! wub.gif

[/color]

And I thought I couldn't love this woman more than I already do.... ha! Wrong again! You rock, Miss White!! Long may you reign! wub.gif

Agreed, it's so incredible that a woman HER age would feel that way, she is so with it on this subject. Shame that they go nuts photoshopping 30 and 40 year old actresses but they couldn't bother with Betty. :lucyblah::gasp:

Yes, first time working together again in over thirty years.

Looks like its filming tomorrow night. In another cool bit of "TV trivia", they'll be reunited at their old MTM studio stomping grounds as HIC is shot at CBS' Radford lot in Studio City, formerly known back in the day as MTM studios. wacko.gif Cool, no??

Would be even cooler if we found out that they're back on their old Mary Tyler Moore Show soundstage but I'm not sure that's the case.

blink.gif

That's RANGER White to you!

Betty White to be made honorary forest ranger

(AP) – 1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Betty White will soon be able to add "Forest Ranger" to her list of honors.

The actress known for her roles on "The Golden Girls" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" will be made an honorary ranger Tuesday by the U.S. Forest Service. The 88-year-old White has said that as a young girl she wanted to be a forest ranger, but women weren't allowed to have the job.

The Forest Service began in 1905, but very few women were employed during the early years. The first woman to serve as a fire lookout was Hallie Daggett, who was hired in 1913 to spot fires in California's Klamath National Forest. Today women are 38 percent of the Forest Service's work force.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jyMZTd1upIQcHVA0CUm9lDLzP-IQ?docId=cae7b0a3ca5d42618111fa8347761e86

Betty received TWO People's Choice Awards today!

1. Favourite TV Guest Star -- Community

2. Favourite Web Celeb

Betty's competition in the first category includes Britney Spears (Glee), Carrie Underwood (How I Met Your Mother), Demi Lovato (Grey's Anatomy), Neil Patrick Harris (Glee). As for Favourite Web Celeb (a category that makes as much sense as the Spokesmodel Category on Star Search), nominees include Alicia Keys, Jimmy Fallon, Katy Perry, and Teri Hatcher.

VOTE FOR BETTY HERE: http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/vote/

Betty was named an Honourary Forest Ranger at a ceremony in Washington D.C. today. Betty is also in town to help present Tina Fey with the Mark Twain Prize for Humour at the Kennedy Center tonight. The Prize will air on PBS Sunday Night!

k9c2gm.jpg

WASHINGTON – Betty White has had countless roles over her award-winning career, but now she has a gig she's always wanted: "Forest Ranger."

The actress known for her roles on "The Golden Girls" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" was made an honorary ranger Tuesday by the U.S. Forest Service. White, 88, said that as a young girl she wanted to be a forest ranger, but women weren't allowed to have the job.

On Tuesday, the Forest Service presented her with a badge and a ranger's Stetson hat, which she donned during a ceremony at the Kennedy Center. When Smokey Bear arrived mid-ceremony, White gave him a big bear hug and later asked to take the Forest Service mascot with her. She settled for a toy Smokey with its own small hat.

"Wilderness is harder and harder to find these days on this beautiful planet, and we're abusing our planet to the point of almost no return," White said. "In my heart I've been a forest ranger all my life, but now I'm official."

White said some of her first memories as a child are riding in front of her father on a horse into the High Sierras. They would stay for three weeks and never see "another two-legged soul," she said. The family also went camping in Yellowstone National Park. White said her teachers eventually asked that she write essays on topics other than Yellowstone.

The Forest Service began in 1905, but very few women were employed during the early years. Today, women make up 38 percent of the Forest Service's workforce.

White, who recently won an Emmy for her guest-hosting stint on "Saturday Night Live," is in Washington for a ceremony to honor comedian Tina Fey, who is receiving the nation's top humor prize.

"It's a formal affair," she said. "Would it be all right if I wore the hat?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101109/ap_en_ot/us_betty_white_forest_ranger

• 3 weeks later...

Publicity stills for Betty and Jennifer Love Hewitt's upcoming tv movie The Lost Valentine have been released. More photos and information here:

http://www.daemonstv.com/2010/12/09/the-lost-valentine-hallmarkcbs-starring-jennifer-love-hewitt-and-betty-white/

Betty is also on the cover of this week's Macleans magazine, along with Kate Middleton, the Pope, etc., in their annual "Newsmakers" issue.

The-Lost-Valentine-2.jpg

The-Lost-Valentine-3.jpg

The-Lost-Valentine-4.jpg

The-Lost-Valentine-7.jpg

Betty and her Cleveland pals cover the next issue of Emmy Magazine:

betty-white-venus-de-milo-emmy-magazine-01.jpg

AND, in there, she talks about the show selling so fast from the pilot she did, and it was for ten shows, then it did so well that they asked her to come back for more, she kept saying no but they kept making it easier for her, 3 day week, and other little extras so that she had to eventually say yes and now it's this big hit on this little channel. Wendy Mallick says it's great that all of them combined have all that SPERIENCE in TV comedy and looking at Betty she can see the longevity one can have in a career.

Hall of Fame to honor Streisand, Betty White, others

Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010 - 12:00 am

The stars will align tonight in Sacramento – making their way down a length of red carpet and into the California Museum – for induction into the 2010 California Hall of Fame.

Country singer Merle Haggard, famed Sacramento artist Wayne Thiebaud, singer-actress Barbra Streisand, tennis star Serena Williams, actress-activist Betty White and former Secretary of State George Schulz are in town, as are movie director James Cameron, venture capitalist John Doerr, author Anne Lamott, historian Kevin Starr, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and the families of the late banker A.P. Giannini, denim baron Levi Strauss and Gov. Edmund G. "Pat" Brown.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and first lady Maria Shriver will present Spirit of California medals to the hall's newest members in a private ceremony at 7 p.m.

But the 6 p.m. red-carpet arrivals, followed by Wednesday's general opening of the 2010 California Hall of Fame exhibit, are public.

A portion of 10th Street will be closed and bleachers will be installed so fans can get a better look at the celebrities emerging from limousines and making their way into the museum at 1020 O St.

Comcast Hometown Network (Channel 104) will offer live coverage of the arrivals and the induction ceremony, beginning at 6 p.m. Lisa Ling and Jason Kennedy will be the hosts.

The 3,000-square-foot Hall of Fame exhibit, opening to the public at 10 a.m. Wednesday, is a collection of personal mementos and artifacts on loan from the 14 inductees or their families.

Streisand lent the sumptuous black velvet ensemble and white-feather muff she wore in "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever" (1970). The rest of her exhibit items – posters, photos and record albums – belong to a wealthy collector of Streisandia.

Thiebaud personally chose the five iconic paintings hanging in his California Museum "gallery." White offered the apron she wore as saucy Sue Ann Nivens on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," and Starr is lending his 1969 doctoral dissertation and various manuscripts.

Museumgoers will see Haggard's trademark Fender "Tuff Dog" guitar and his 1972 pardon (for a 1958 burglary conviction) signed by Gov. Ronald Reagan; props from "Titanic," "Avatar" and "The Terminator" on loan from Cameron and Giannini's pristine 1933 chocolate-brown Lincoln. There's also a small re-creation of Brown's office during his term as governor (1959-1967). His son, Gov.-elect Jerry Brown, is expected to be at the ceremony.

The Hall of Fame, established by Shriver in 2006, honors individuals who made their mark in California. Most, like reigning Wimbledon champion Williams, are well-known, but there's always someone who isn't a household name. This year it's Doerr, who funded such Silicon Valley successes as Amazon, Google, Compaq, Intuit and Symantec.

The induction ceremony tends to be a dress-up affair for honorees, but one must wonder what the 26-year-old Zuckerberg, who created Facebook in a Harvard dorm room in 2004, will wear.

His favorite hoodie, T-shirts and Adidas soccer sandals are behind glass in the Hall of Fame exhibit.

2010 CALIFORNIA HALL OF FAME

When: Red-carpet arrivals at 6 p.m. today (private ceremony follows)

Where: California Museum, 1020 O St., Sacramento

Cost: Free

Information: (916) 653-7524, www.californiamuseum.org

Note: The 2010 California Hall of Fame exhibition opens Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.co...l#ixzz18AFVE7CI

Betty, Ed Asner, Debbie Reynolds, Eva Marie Saint, Larry Hagman and some troll who wondered in from the street have made the cover of The Hollywood Reporter!

covers_split_2010_a_l.jpg

And, of course, Gena Rowlands, James Earl Jones, Stiller and Meara, and our favourite Angela Lansbury. LOL

Betty, Ed Asner, Debbie Reynolds, Eva Marie Saint, Larry Hagman and some troll who wondered in from the street have made the cover of The Hollywood Reporter!

covers_split_2010_a_l.jpg

And, of course, Gena Rowlands, James Earl Jones, Stiller and Meara, and our favourite Angela Lansbury. LOL

WOW! Betty's in great company -- loves me some Gena Rowlands, she still looks amazing though she MUST be somewhere in her 70s by now.....

Geez I take it you're not a Mickey fan??? Well..... I doubt you're alone in THAT camp!!! LOL