The New Betty White Appreciation Thread

But poor Betty was totally WASTED as a co host on The View this morning, she barely got a word in edgewise. :lucydisgust:

No guest host usually has enough time to express themselves, unless you are a Joan Rivers or a Kathleen Griffin. "The View" cohosts are experts on interruptions!!!

I think they need to serve the co-hosts peanut butter sandwiches(no jelly) with slices of waxed apples on the side.

I think that the best moment is when Rob Lowe was going to explain why his sex tape was a good thing why it happened. Betty says something like it must has been good. Of course that was the complete opposite of what Rob Lowe explanation would be a few minutes later.

If you want to know what happens at a book signing with a celebrity, the site Boy Culture and it's HOST show us when Betty White did one recently for her new book, there's even a Lucy mention when this ninny (not the host) says that Lucy was a friend of Betty's mother instead of Betty herself. The host retells us some of the great Betty stories she shares and her quick wit at these thins.

Betty on Letterman last night. I'm glad they bumped someone and gave her an actual segment instead of just the Top 10 List.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1aqfLVUVqA

Oh, so THAT's what happened, i came on here to correct my post which said she was doing the Top Ten, i had read that on the satellite grid description, but was thrilled when i saw her listed as a guest instead. Is she on with Rob Lowe AGAIN? Like when she co hosted on The View and he told his ONE Lucy story . . . And ain't it cool Brockie, i was shocked to see i get OWN on my satellite.

Is she on with Rob Lowe AGAIN?

I'm kind of enjoying that Rob seems to be practically Betty's sidekick on this book tour/media blitz. :marionstrong: They should develop an act and take it on the road. Has anyone here read his book yet? The excerpt in Vanity Fair is excellent and very well-written.

And ain't it cool Brockie, i was shocked to see i get OWN on my satellite.

Personally I can take or leave anything Oprah-related at the moment. :lucydisgust:

I'm kind of enjoying that Rob seems to be practically Betty's sidekick on this book tour/media blitz. :marionstrong: They should develop an act and take it on the road. Has anyone here read his book yet? The excerpt in Vanity Fair is excellent and very well-written.

Personally I can take or leave anything Oprah-related at the moment. :lucydisgust:

I feel the same way, am totally sick of her and can't wait for her show to end but i do watch occasionaly and was pissed to think that people would talk about things we can't see here and then i noticed OWN on my satellite grid and felt INCLUDED, LOL! As for Betty, i read half the book downtown on Sunday, or maybe a third at least, it's so short and sweet, great book but fluff more than anything, some great laughs though. And on talk shows i'm amazed at how SHARP she is for her age.

Unfortunately, i missed her great interview with Joy Behar last night, hope they rerun it on the weekend. I was working when it played at ten and then forgot to record the later airing, BUT, i did get to see some clips from it on the Greg in Hollywood site, i especially loved the part where she finally addressed that Bea Arthur feud or rather the fact that Bea hated her even though Betty had nothing but love and admiration for Bea. She apparently was closest to Rue on the set and kept asking her why Bea hated her so much.

Betty never used the word "hate". ;)

I sit corrected, an INTENSE DISLIKE is so much better than saying she hated her. :lucythrill: Face it Brockie, Bigfoot Bea hated her for no reason at all, she must have INTENSELY DISLIKED her great attitude about life and her joy and happiness that charmed everyone but HER, LOL!

Face it Brockie, Bigfoot Bea hated her for no reason at all, she must have INTENSELY DISLIKED her great attitude about life and her joy and happiness that charmed everyone but HER, LOL!

First, none of us were there. And personal feelings aside, both ladies treated each other with the utmost professionalism, according to all accounts. It must have worked -- their output together is incredible.

First, none of us were there. And personal feelings aside, both ladies treated each other with the utmost professionalism, according to all accounts. It must have worked -- their output together is incredible.

Yeah, same thing happened with Fred and Ethel. I think you also confused Betty's diplomatic way of finally addressing the matter with the media's constant attempts to divulge this great secret from the set and Betty WHO WAS THERE finally did and stated that she was unable to find out why Bea disliked her intensely, i think Betty finally felt comfortable addressing this subject matter as Bea is no longer with us. That's the kind of loving caring person Betty is.