Your Least Favourite Lucy Episodes

Okay, since I've asked about favourites, how about least-favourites?

I Love Lucy:

The Inferiority Complex

Mertz & Kurtz

Ricky's Life Story

The Ricardo's Dedicate a Statue

Lucy's Italian Movie ( :o I know, I know, I'm a heretic, but I actually dislike most of the Europe shows)

The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour:

Lucy's Summer Vacation

Lucy Meets the Moustace

Lucy Wins a Racehorse

Milton Berle Hides Out...

Lucy Goes to Sun Valley

The Lucy Show:

Lucy Meets Danny Kaye

Mooney the Monkey

Lucy Drives a Dump Truck

Lucy & Pat Collins

Lucy the Superwoman

Here's Lucy:

Lucy & The Gold Rush

Lucy's Safari

Lucy the Mountain Climber

Lucy & Tennessee Ernie's Fun Farm

Lucy & Donny Osmond

Granted, each of the above have their merits, but overall do not live up to the rest of the Lucy legacy, IMO.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually dont not like any of the episodes just because its Lucy :peachonthebeach: but I do have to say Lucy Meets Danny Kaye is definetly not a favorite. Too much Danny and not enough Lucy! I do think the part when she gets in his act is really funny though! :lucythrill:

Yes, that part was okay. Pure Lucy Ricardo, actually. But the rest of the episode just rubs me the wrong way. No Vivian, Lucy being overly pushy, I dunno. Could've been better handled.

The only ILL I truly hate (!) is The Rodeo. :obrien:

Although Drafted isn't any great shakes, I let it slide because Bob, Madelyn, and Jess were still growing into their new medium. There was no excuse for Rodeo. I actually don't mind Mertz & Kurtz. lol

Oh, the rodeo one! Yeah, that's hardly a standout to me either! I actually don't mind Drafted that much, it's okay. But I think the MFH counterpart (George is Drafted/Liz's Baby) is funnier.

I can't believe you only picked five from Here's Lucy.. I don't care for most of the Europe shows either... I dunt know the titles exactly.. but the one Europe show with the birthday boy and climbing the stairs.. ugh! "She's a her a birthday a too!".. give me a gun now! "Ricky's Life Story"?? I like that one alot..don't know why you can tolerate "Drafted" and not "Life Story" .. The Dedicate a Statue one is good till she backs up over that statue.. I like the bit with Fred the dog and his diploma.. and speaking of Fred the dog.. where did he go in the HOUR LONG SHOWS?? Did he run away?? Did Lucy run over him with the Ramsey's power mower?? Check out this website http://iloathelucy.com/index.htm I will check titles and get back with you guys as to which I truely dispise and I will also tell you why.. and I would like you guys to say why you dislike the episodes you don't like.. That way, I can learn more about my fellow Lucy Lovers!!!

ps.. OH the MY FAVORITE HUSBAND relating to DRAFTED is VERY FUNNY!!! Strange how it kinda dips when televised..

pps.. The DANNY KAYE episode would benefit from that damn smoking dog story being cut!!.. I LOVE her blue outfit .. the same one she wore at the New York World's Fair.

Although Drafted isn't any great shakes, I let it slide because Bob, Madelyn, and Jess were still growing into their new medium. There was no excuse for Rodeo. I actually don't mind Mertz & Kurtz. lol

Rodeo is okay till the actual Rodeo starts! Cowboy Pete?? Mill Stream with bells for a Rodeo audience?? What were Shiller and Wieskopf smoking?

Rodeo is okay till the actual Rodeo starts! Cowboy Pete?? Mill Stream with bells for a Rodeo audience?? What were Shiller and Wieskopf smoking?

I can't believe you only picked five from Here's Lucy.. I don't care for most of the Europe shows either... I dunt know the titles exactly.. but the one Europe show with the birthday boy and climbing the stairs.. ugh! "She's a her a birthday a too!".. give me a gun now! "Ricky's Life Story"?? I like that one alot..don't know why you can tolerate "Drafted" and not "Life Story" .. The Dedicate a Statue one is good till she backs up over that statue.. I like the bit with Fred the dog and his diploma.. and speaking of Fred the dog.. where did he go in the HOUR LONG SHOWS?? Did he run away?? Did Lucy run over him with the Ramsey's power mower?? Check out this website http://iloathelucy.com/index.htm I will check titles and get back with you guys as to which I truely dispise and I will also tell you why.. and I would like you guys to say why you dislike the episodes you don't like.. That way, I can learn more about my fellow Lucy Lovers!!!

ps.. OH the MY FAVORITE HUSBAND relating to DRAFTED is VERY FUNNY!!! Strange how it kinda dips when televised..

pps.. The DANNY KAYE episode would benefit from that damn smoking dog story being cut!!.. I LOVE her blue outfit .. the same one she wore at the New York World's Fair.

That website you provided is DISGUSTING! Firstly whomeever created it has just copied and pasted portions of the same stories for each celebrity. The whole website is offensive the stories are just pure trash. Claude - do me a favor and DON'T READ IT! In fact, I suggest no one read it and the link be removed from this forum.

That website you provided is DISGUSTING! Firstly whomeever created it has just copied and pasted portions of the same stories for each celebrity. The whole website is offensive the stories are just pure trash. Claude - do me a favor and DON'T READ IT! In fact, I suggest no one read it and the link be removed from this forum.

Don't worry, i have no intention of ever going there but thanks for the info. And i agree with your request that it be removed, but i'm sure it's too late anyway, people will go there anyway.

I was choosing my top 5 least favourites, as on my other thread I just picked my 5 favourites. Believe me, there are others I don't necessarily care for either.

I don't know why I like Drafted better than Life Story, I just do. You may not be able to comprehend it, but I can. To each his own, you know! For the most part, those episodes I chose just don't strike a chord with me for whatever reason. The grape stomping bit is well done, but the episode as a whole is lacking, IMO.

Ugh, it'd take too long to get into the specifics. Maybe later.

And as for that link, I bumped into that site once before and was left scratching my head. Talk about a misguided attempt at humour. If they'd been a bit wittier about it, it'd at least be a halfway decent attempt at parody, but as it is it's just crass BS. Why exactly did you link it here in the first place?

Lucy's Italian Movie? :lucyhorror:

I agree with the Danny Kaye whole heartedly!

I knew that one was going to cause a bit of a stir! I think the actual grape stomping bit is very well handled, but I just don't much like the episode as a whole. Can't really explain it, I just don't find it particularly funny or engaging.

But yeah, the Danny Kaye show...yes, she's very Lucy Ricardo in her celebrity-search drive, but she's so overly pushy and annoying it gets so grating after a while. Then at the end when he's balling her out, you're just as frustrated at her as he is, so it kills the humour. Her outfit was gorgeous, true, but the show as a whole: ick.

YEAH... I know the celebrity stories are kinda similar..obviously the author of that website made it all up.. I thought it was kinda funny on some level..a very LOW level.. but .. IT is almost IMPOSSIBLE to dislike Miss BALL.. and who ever created that website has a very sick sense of humor.. and since we were discussing what we don't care for episode wise, I figured I would show you a place where someone doesn't like HER at all...and some of the celebrity strories are so ridiculous they are funny.. LIKE the one about Tallulah Bankhead and her BEST friend Bette Davis...

As for the negative comments about Lucy's Italian Movie, one of her major TOUR DE FORCE performances in a career filled with unforgettable and memorable moments, i have to quote Van Johnson here on one of her shows and say "YOU, ARE NUTSY CUCKOO HERE!" :lucythrill::marionstrong::lucyhaha::lucydaze::blink:

Didn't I also say I found the grape stomping bit GOOD? That part is GOOD, I just don't really care for the WHOLE episode!

Okay... These are my least favorite episodes of I Love Lucy...

Drafted

Lucy Writes a Play

New Neighbors

The Marriage License

Mertz an Kurtz

Lucy Goes to a Rodeo

Lucy Goes to Scotland

Lucy Gets Homesick in Italy

Lucy Meets Orson Wells

The Ricardos Dedicate a Statue

These are the episodes that I could care less if I ever see again... all the others I could watch again an definately some I could watch over and over without a problem!!! I don't have every episode of The Lucy Show or Here's Lucy yet.. four of The Lucy Show and three of Here's Lucy. .so I really can't give my HONEST rundown of my least favorite of those 2 series at this point!! Now I will tell you why I don't care for these episodes...

Drafted... Stupid!!! Hate the way Lucy an Viv cry..not funny.. !

Lucy Writes a Play.. Dumb... can't get into the episode at all.. very PHONY!

The Marriage License... I don't believe Lucy Ricardo is that dumb either!

Mertz and Kurtz.. I can't stand the "show" for his little grandson.. So LOUSY!!!

Lucy Goes to a Rodeo... The Rodeo show from Cowboy Pete to Mill Stream is DREADFUL!

Lucy Gets...Italy.. Please shoot me.. I can't stant one minute of it!

Lucy Meets Orson... What a waste of TALENT... What am I missing?? It stinks!!!

The Ricardos Dedicate... I've said it before.. okay until she backs over the statue!

When I have the other episodes of the other seasons... I wil tell you the ones I truely don't care for.. Thankx fellas for being honest about these Lucy episodes!!!!

Okay... These are my least favorite episodes of I Love Lucy...

Drafted

Lucy Writes a Play

New Neighbors

The Marriage License

Mertz an Kurtz

Lucy Goes to a Rodeo

Lucy Goes to Scotland

Lucy Gets Homesick in Italy

Lucy Meets Orson Wells

The Ricardos Dedicate a Statue

These are the episodes that I could care less if I ever see again... all the others I could watch again an definately some I could watch over and over without a problem!!! I don't have every episode of The Lucy Show or Here's Lucy yet.. four of The Lucy Show and three of Here's Lucy. .so I really can't give my HONEST rundown of my least favorite of those 2 series at this point!! Now I will tell you why I don't care for these episodes...

Drafted... Stupid!!! Hate the way Lucy an Viv cry..not funny.. !

Lucy Writes a Play.. Dumb... can't get into the episode at all.. very PHONY!

The Marriage License... I don't believe Lucy Ricardo is that dumb either!

Mertz and Kurtz.. I can't stand the "show" for his little grandson.. So LOUSY!!!

Lucy Goes to a Rodeo... The Rodeo show from Cowboy Pete to Mill Stream is DREADFUL!

Lucy Gets...Italy.. Please shoot me.. I can't stant one minute of it!

Lucy Meets Orson... What a waste of TALENT... What am I missing?? It stinks!!!

The Ricardos Dedicate... I've said it before.. okay until she backs over the statue!

When I have the other episodes of the other seasons... I wil tell you the ones I truely don't care for.. Thankx fellas for being honest about these Lucy episodes!!!!

I actually agree with APART from the homesick episode, I really adore that episode. I don't know why so many people are against the European episodes, I think they are all very strong!

Archived