I'll be in Jamestown this Saturday!

Hey, all! Thought I'd let you know I'll be in Jamestown for a few hours on Saturday. Planning on going to the museum and playhouse, then taking a few pics of 59 Lucy Lane, Lucille Ball Memorial Park and Lake View Cemetery. Maybe stopping by the house where she was born... Anything else I should see/do? I haven't been in a little over 7 years so I'd like to hear recommendations! Pictures and updates shall be posted soon!

Hey, all! Thought I'd let you know I'll be in Jamestown for a few hours on Saturday. Planning on going to the museum and playhouse, then taking a few pics of 59 Lucy Lane, Lucille Ball Memorial Park and Lake View Cemetery. Maybe stopping by the house where she was born... Anything else I should see/do? I haven't been in a little over 7 years so I'd like to hear recommendations! Pictures and updates shall be posted soon!

Enjoy your visit to Jamestown; sorry I can't arrange to meet you - it would be nice to do that.

The PUB, lower Main St., just below Third; is still a nice place for lunch; many 'locals' meet there noon-time. If I hadn't already made plans, I would suggest we meet; maybe some other time.

Don't know where you live; but, if you've travelled far, get as much 'sight-seeing' in as you can - try to hit the Fenton; there's a large Lucille-display there; and it's entirely a fascinating place.

There are only so many hours in a day; so suggesting 'other places' would 'crowd' you too much. Pick up local brochures within the Museum, for 'other' sites to see. Be sure and notice the change in Jamestown facades of buildings which, I'm sure, have been improved much in the last 7 years; it's looking 'homey'.... The old Wintergarten Theater has been torn down top of Main Street, at Fourth; and, in its place, a lovely 'park' which runs through to the other street/alley; and motion pictures are shown on the side of the building, in fact, one has been advertised for Saturday evening, I believe I read. Ask at the Museum; someone should be able to tell you.

The Gateway Center, old Brooklyn Square, again, ask anyone, within walking distance, is hosting its second annual FestiFall also Saturday.... Most of all; enjoy Jamestown; spend lots of $$$; and LOVE LUCY....!!!!.... We'll enjoy the pictures you post, as well; and looking forward to it! Regards, JK

With a little more notice Mr. Hepburn, I would have stayed in Jamestown an extra day and had lunch with you at Lucy Lane....Another time perhaps:) Another restaurant to try is the Babalu Cafe on 2nd near Main. Lots of Lucy stuff:)

With a little more notice Mr. Hepburn, I would have stayed in Jamestown an extra day and had lunch with you at Lucy Lane....Another time perhaps:) Another restaurant to try is the Babalu Cafe on 2nd near Main. Lots of Lucy stuff:)

I'd forgotten about the Babalu Cafe; have yet to get THERE! Thanks for the reminder...JK

I'd forgotten about the Babalu Cafe; have yet to get THERE! Thanks for the reminder...JK

My dad and I ate lunch there when we were in Jamestown for LucyFest this summer. It was very tasty! Great Lucy atomosphere and extremely friendly service. They even made a special vegetarian panini for me! We liked the place so much we didn't even use the coupon someone gave us because we wanted Babalu Cafe to have our full business. :)

Have a great time, Robbie! If you're looking for another place to eat I also recommend the Taco Hut - yumMY!

I snagged Jimmy's book and a frisbee, all I could afford. The lady working the museum's giftshop told me that book has helped them answer a lot of questions! Further thoughts soon, but right now I'm at Lucille Ball Memorial Park, laying in the grass, enjoying the weather, thinking about our girl, and getting attacked by falling nuts.

I snagged Jimmy's book and a frisbee, all I could afford. The lady working the museum's giftshop told me that book has helped them answer a lot of questions! Further thoughts soon, but right now I'm at Lucille Ball Memorial Park, laying in the grass, enjoying the weather, thinking about our girl, and getting attacked by falling nuts.

Did you swing by Lucy Lane on your way to the park, or are you going to do that on your way back up to the main drag?

Thanks, Robbie! That's so nice to know. I hope you enjoy the book. I'm glad you're having a good time!

Enjoy your visit to Jamestown; sorry I can't arrange to meet you - it would be nice to do that.

The PUB, lower Main St., just below Third; is still a nice place for lunch; many 'locals' meet there noon-time. If I hadn't already made plans, I would suggest we meet; maybe some other time.

Don't know where you live; but, if you've travelled far, get as much 'sight-seeing' in as you can - try to hit the Fenton; there's a large Lucille-display there; and it's entirely a fascinating place.

There are only so many hours in a day; so suggesting 'other places' would 'crowd' you too much. Pick up local brochures within the Museum, for 'other' sites to see. Be sure and notice the change in Jamestown facades of buildings which, I'm sure, have been improved much in the last 7 years; it's looking 'homey'.... The old Wintergarten Theater has been torn down top of Main Street, at Fourth; and, in its place, a lovely 'park' which runs through to the other street/alley; and motion pictures are shown on the side of the building, in fact, one has been advertised for Saturday evening, I believe I read. Ask at the Museum; someone should be able to tell you.

The Gateway Center, old Brooklyn Square, again, ask anyone, within walking distance, is hosting its second annual FestiFall also Saturday.... Most of all; enjoy Jamestown; spend lots of $$$; and LOVE LUCY....!!!!.... We'll enjoy the pictures you post, as well; and looking forward to it! Regards, JK

Perhaps another time, Joyce! And you were so right---Jamestown looks SO different from the last time I was there, I almost couldn't believe it! And did the bakery move? I, quite sadly, didn't spend as much time downtown as I would have liked and didn't see it where I'd remembered it.

*jaw drops* That's the most amazing/generous offer I've ever had! I would be beyond all words if that happened! :-) I got a beautiful picture of the house with the sun beaming on it so wonderfully, I'll be sure to share it in a day or so.

How could he not? He's in Lucy heaven, otherwise known as Jamestown. Lucky devil! :lucycoy::lucyhmm::lucyshy:

I was very lucky, especially spending a few hours at the park Lucy and worked and played at for so many years! Anywho, full thoughts and more pics coming soon!

"Perhaps another time, Joyce! And you were so right---Jamestown looks SO different from the last time I was there, I almost couldn't believe it! And did the bakery move? I, quite sadly, didn't spend as much time downtown as I would have liked and didn't see it where I'd remembered it."

If memory serves, the Bakery went directly across Pine Street, next door to where the old Museum was; and has become a sort of bakery/breakfast stop....I've been meaning to get down there; my granddaughter and I LOVE their brown bread....YUM!

Glad you enjoyed your visit; and appreciate what Jamestown is trying to do to improve the tourist trade; please continue on here at the Lounge your ENTIRE DAY!!!! I'm enjoying it, too, and I live here!!!!

JK

"Perhaps another time, Joyce! And you were so right---Jamestown looks SO different from the last time I was there, I almost couldn't believe it! And did the bakery move? I, quite sadly, didn't spend as much time downtown as I would have liked and didn't see it where I'd remembered it."

If memory serves, the Bakery went directly across Pine Street, next door to where the old Museum was; and has become a sort of bakery/breakfast stop....I've been meaning to get down there; my granddaughter and I LOVE their brown bread....YUM!

Glad you enjoyed your visit; and appreciate what Jamestown is trying to do to improve the tourist trade; please continue on here at the Lounge your ENTIRE DAY!!!! I'm enjoying it, too, and I live here!!!!

JK

If you are talking about Jones Bakery, it isn't next door to the location of the old museum. It is in the exact building that was the old museum and it is a bakery/coffee shop.

JK

If you are talking about Jones Bakery, it isn't next door to the location of the old museum. It is in the exact building that was the old museum and it is a bakery/coffee shop.

Well, that is interesting!!!! History goes to History.... Lucille often ordered from Jones Bakery, either through the mails, or friends living here. They are both a tradition for Jamestown.

JK

• 10 months later...

Archived